4.0 out of 5 stars solid but with room for improvement
Compared to the LG HX350T, I feel that this projector offers a sharper image and superior contrast. The 76" image that I project is plenty bright and vivid even in eco mode. My main complaints would be the lack of a remote, few settings to adjust the image, and fan noise that's slightly higher than comparable LED projectors.

Edit: I wanted to let potential...
Published on December 5, 2011 by M. Quinn

1.0 out of 5 stars <17hrs Use = Flickering Colors Malfunction?
Published 23 months ago by Nostalgic Link

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars solid but with room for improvement, December 5, 2011
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)

Edit: I wanted to let potential buyers know that I use the projector in eco mode (which I find to be plenty bright for 76" inches). In regular mode, I find the fan noise to be very annoying. If you plan to pair the M110 with a much larger screen, I would probably look elsewhere as you'll likely be annoyed by the fan noise in "regular" mode. I'd estimate that most people would be very satisfied with the eco mode for screen sizes up to about 84" or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars What more could you ask for?, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
- First of all, the product comes very well packaged in a simple package by Dell. Then it comes with a great carrying case that allows you to carry all of the cables that you need. It comes with a power cable and a pc connecter.

- However, the quality of the picture with the VGA adapter seems to be low. I would stick with the HDMI cable as it allows for the highest resolution. The picture quality is fantastic.

- The image isn't overly bright and so you definitely need a dark room as the picture looks a bit washed out with a light in the room. The size is incredibly small!!! It weighs hardly anything and allows you to use movies from a micro-sd card.

- this is truly an incredibly product that goes well paired with an iPad, netbook, or other small multimedia device. If you are looking for a business, classroom presentation, or projector that needs to work in a lit room, I would go with Dell's basic projector (which is cheaper).

- what you are getting here is a great, portable, and FUN projector to use with your friends and families to show pictures or HD movies.

I would definitely buy it again!

1.0 out of 5 stars <17hrs Use = Flickering Colors Malfunction?, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
Firstly, I didn't purchase this through Amazon; I got it from Newegg. I had it rush processed and shipped to me in Afghanistan. Even rushed it took 20 days to get to me. I set it up on a tripod with an HDMI cable hooked into my laptop. I'd been using it for about one to three hours a night for a week and a half just fine. I loved watching Spartacus on a 40" screen in my tent before hitting the rack. Around 11 hours of use I noticed it started flickering every now and then. The colors would change from red to blue to green and keep doing it. I messed around in the settings and lowered the color temperature from 'high' to 'med,' and it seemed to fix it. Last night I turned it on and the flickering started and it kept flickering no matter what I tried. I tried lowering the temperature to 'low,' I tried turning the contrast and brightness all the way down, I tried changing it to 'ECO' mode, I tried the various presets, I tried lowering the 'white level' to zero... nothing fixed it. I tried restarting it. I even tried using the VGA cable that came with it, but NOTHING fixed the flickering. I turned it back on and now it only displays blue and green colors. No red at all. I used the two test images in the menus; the first showed the the RGB image, and red showed up fine; I tried the second image and it only showed an entire screen of red. I'm not sure if that's what the second test image is supposed to do, but it did. I've taken great care of it as I'd spent $350 on the unit itself, $3 for the rush processing, $25 for the APO shipping, and $30 for an HDMI bundle. It's set up in a tent, so dust isn't a huge concern even in Afghanistan; even so, I'd been covering it up with a towel after each one to three hour session. I left it plugged in so the fans could properly cool it down after I'd powered it off. I haven't dropped it or anything. It's been sitting on this tripod since I initially took it out of the packaging. I feel screwed out of $400 now for a device that should have lasted for ~20,000 hours. I can't return it as it took 20 days to get here, I can get a replacement, and I doubt Dell is going to give a care... very very disappointing.

Pros:

- Small/portable
- Good clarity via HDMI (while it lasted)
- Universal tripod port
- Internal storage, SD slot, USB slot
- Decently padded carry case
- Velcro wire ties included
- All NECESSARY cables included

Cons:

- Less than 17 hours of light operation and it's now useless?!
- $400 paperweight
- Shoddy clarity via VGA (while it lasted)
- Loud cooling fans
- Realistically useless 1-watt speaker (would have rather they'd spent the money perfecting the unit itself)
- Impossible to focus everything, at least one corner will be blurry
- For wireless streaming you're required to buy Dell's $70 USB dongle vs. being able to use any wifi dongle
- No simple lens cap?...
- Did I mention it stopped working after only a single season of Spartacus and one movie?!

I'd be careful when considering purchasing this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, Dell poor support, August 2, 2013
BCT (Clarksville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
3 stars because I got a lemon... otherwise would have easily been 41/2 to 5 stars. I got this thing to take overseas with me on deployment. It was initially great, but within 6 months, color started to be totally off. No red at all... everything looks blue. There is also this area in the upper left that is always out of focus. I get to choose if I want the upper left in focus or the lower right. I can't just call dell customer support from Afghanistan (well you can... but I choose to use my phone time to call my wife). When I get back, I call dell... and it's out of warranty by 3 months. According to Dell item was purchased in April when I bought it in June, and the company name that it was registered under with Dell is not the company I bought it from... which is also suspicious.

Buyer beware. You get what you pay for. The M110 is bright for it's size with good features, I like everything about it other than the focus is off and the color won't show red... at all. (so basically I have a $400 paperweight) I'm sure I got a bum product and if I was not out of the country, Dell would have fixed these issues under warranty. Just make sure you register with Dell (WHEN YOU BUY IT) and don't expect them to bend over backwards to help you like they used to do 10 years ago. I vote with my money and I have bought my last Dell product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Portable Projector, May 31, 2013
Michael "World Explorer" (Honolulu, HI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
We had an earlier version of the Dell projector which was very small, but this projector is even smaller and has a very good resolution. We are very pleased with this purchase as we needed a projector for presentations we do for architects, contractors and building owners. We can plug a memory stick in the back of the projector and run the presentations that way or connect a computer, tablet or phone to the projector. We love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars unbelieably small!, January 30, 2013
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
I guess the micro projector market is still almost non existent, but nonetheless this is a great projector. For how small it is, I was surprised at the brightness, picture quality and projection distance it accomplished. The firmware contains all the required adjustments a full size projector would. There are a few draw backs though. The speaker is terrible, but then again whatever you're using as the source is most likely going to have its own speakers. The cooling fan is very loud, but that is to be expected from relatively high end components squished into such a tiny housing. And the beeps it produces when turning on and off are very loud and annoying, and can't be turned off. This just bothers me because I frequently watch it in the same vicinity as people who are asleep, and the loud beeps at night are not very appropriate. It would be good if it came with a hdmi cable too considering the price, but I guess almost nothing else does either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice handy projector, December 15, 2012
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
I was looking for a portable projector which wasn't too expensive but yet had high enough resolution to work with.
This seem to fit the bill.

Use it with the Mac book Pro 17" for business presentation. Find it very portable and the resolution is enough for this purpose.
Works great for small office settings.

I wish DELL had included the WiFi adapter and/or the remote as part of the package.

4.0 out of 5 stars So compact!, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
This is the smallest project I've ever seen but is still so powerful and the image is such high quality.

The minor downside is the VGA cord. First, the VGA cord should be longer. My laptop can only be 3 feet or less from projector. And it doesn't use a regular VGA cord - which has led to a couple issues. First, there is something wrong with the wiring of my cord. If you don't keep one of the joints at a 45 degree angle, the image comes out as yellow. Dell has been very helpful to get a replacement sent but dealing with warranties and customer service is always a hassle. Second, I bought a VGA cord to try and extend this one but it seems like generic VGA cords don't preserve the HD quality of the image. So I'm left with a dilemma of finding somewhere to put my laptop a few feet away or having a lower quality image.

Other than that, the project has been really, really great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Like a bulb that promises 7 yrs but does not even last months, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
I initially love the product.... clear picture.. wonderful color...However, I used this regularly forabout 2-3 hours a day.
I was expecting it to last at least 3-5 years or probably more with a promise of 20000 hours.
But to my dismay, it only lasted for 1 year and 3 months when the warranty is expired and you can no longer
have it replaced. If the cause would only be a deterioration of color which I experienced after 2 1/2 years
of using LG brand using it for 6-8 hours a day, I would be happier. But this went totally dead.... power cord still
works but the unit itself died young. I will never recommend this product to anyone. Lucky for those who
have their units for more than two years. .

3.0 out of 5 stars buy something else ..., September 26, 2013
This review is from: Dell M110 Ultra-Mobile Projector (Electronics)
First of all, I did not buy it from amazon, I am one of the loyal fans of amazon as to buying great stuff and receiving excellent services from,

I purchased this projector directly from Dell.com in Jan. 2013, the common focus problems were identified right after the purchase, I thought that I could tolerate the out-of-range focus issue which only happens on the edge of display, essentially I do not want to spend too much time on calling dell. But after several usage (less than 10 times, and less than 20hrs operating), the symptom became worse and worse. The color is just not right (which I did not complain to the DELL CS, I believe that it's the hardware shortage due to the limited physical design-space either from engineering perspective or the manufacture cost ),

Okay, The biggest headache is the focus, whatever I'v tried to adjust the focal length, it NOW can't get things nearly right, when center is focused, everything on the edge will be completely vague. I could not tell clearly what text is no matter how I change the projector distance,
another headache is that the projected image is not a perfect rectangle, I tried to tune the angles of the device to which the lens is pointing in all directions, it delivered a "trapezoid" image to me, what a awful product!!

Within the warranty, I called the DELL customer service in September, and was told that they can only ship a refurbished unit to me to replace this one, I am very disappointed, and reject the option. I guess that I will just give this one to my relative and seek another one,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›