5.0 out of 5 stars New toy...
This one replaced my previous version M110, it turns out a very good upgrade, much more details and better pictures, more lumens, and you can also get a remote to control this tiny projector, very satisfied with the purchase,
Published 9 months ago by juserf

1.0 out of 5 stars Test it when you get it!
Published 3 months ago by dawn bush

5.0 out of 5 stars New toy..., October 17, 2013
This review is from: Dell M115HD Mobile LED Projector, WXGA 1280x800, HDMI USB Inputs, 1GB Internal Memory, 450 ANSI Lumens (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect clear crisp and it travels., June 20, 2014
perfect clear crisp and it travels. This palm sized projector is perfect for my business I travel and give presentations and training seminar. It stays cool It is clear and sharp and it is compact.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great travel projector - but its not perfect..., June 2, 2014
This is a great travel projector, perfect for those small group meetings (I would say under 10 people in small room). If you plan on holding larger scale meetings or training, this is not the right projector for those projects (as it is not bright enough to give you the clarity you need).

The pros - The compact size. It is small enough to fit in your laptop bag, and not "bulk" it up, plus the projector hardly weighs anything.

The cons - The clarity and the overall size. Due to the small size, the projector cables (to your laptop and to power) overwhelm the projector and make it unstable. You will need a tri-pod to use this projector to keep it balanced - do yourself a favor and just buy the tri-pod when you buy the projector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing projector, but no ceiling mount, February 26, 2014
This is good projector for the price. My main use for this projector has been home entertainment. In my opinion, it is the same projector as Optoma's ML550 with a different OS (same chip, same shape, almost identical interfacing). I have played with both projectors, and I bought the Dell because of its lower price point. The image quality, color, and contrast are all good (I am hoping to see a 1080p version of these small projectors at some point in the near future). No Ceiling Mount menu option. Not a huge issue for me as I don't leave it out all the time. You can flip the image if you run your picture from a computer or android device. The lack of a ceiling mount makes the fan more audible since you are closer to the projector. I don't think you would notice the fan if the projector could be ceiling mounted for your standard entertainment consoles.

Overall it is a good projector, and I have enjoyed owning the M115HD and would recommend it if you can live without ceiling mounting you projector.

I wonder if there is a way to activate the ceiling mount in the firmware. The coding is visible in Dell's firmware update, but not in the settings of the projector itself. Someone with a good understanding of small OS programming may be able to activate it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth the $$ - super bright even during daylight with crisp quality. Similar size to apple tv, February 24, 2014
I researched a lot before buying this projector and this was the best choice. When looking at a portable projector, take into consideration the following:

1. Contrast (ex: 10,000 to 1...2000 to 1)
2. Lumens (please make sure its the new ANSI type)
3. Lifetime (ex: 30,000 hrs)
4. Resolution
5, Connectors

Contrast and Lumens determine the quality of the image and lumens the brightness of the projection. I used it over a weekend for a retreat in a house during daytime. It had no problem producing bright light and the contrast was considerably better than a brookstone or AAPX projector.

Lifetime is always super important since replacing such bulbs are as expensive as the actual projector.This projector can go for 30,000 hours compared to 15,000 to 20,000 on other brands.

Overall, this is the best option out there for those who do not want to spend more than $420 on a portable projector that produces bright image even during the daytime on a 100 inches screen and last years of usage.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!, January 28, 2014
It's affordable and easy to set up. Just plug it in and you have a perfectly good HD image on your wall. Even with some light in the room, the picture is GREAT! I use it for movies, my computer, and Xbox. I recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeably better than the M110., January 14, 2014
I bought the M110 almost two years ago and it's been great. It's only shortcoming was that you could never get all four corners focused at the same time.

The first thing that I noticed with the M115 is that they fixed that problem! The screen throws a slightly smaller picture at the same distance as the M110, but it focuses sharply across the entire screen. Also, the colors look better, especially blues and it's brighter.

I've been using this guy as my tv in my living room. It's screwed onto a camera tripod I got for $10. I put over 5000 hours on the old one without a hitch and there's still 15,000 hours left on the bulb! I expect the same reliability from this one.

The LED bulb is the major selling point for it's long life and low energy consumption. The whole machine only runs on like 40 watts. Compare that to normal projectors that have several hundred watt bulbs that burn out after 3-4000 hours and can cost hundreds of dollars to replace.

If you are looking for more reviews on this product, go check out the ones for the M110, keeping in mind that this one is noticeably better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great - With both my PC and Mac!, October 16, 2013
Robert D. Aicher (New York, New York USA) - See all my reviews
I just received this projector from Dell, opened the box and marveled at how small, i.e.: portable, it is. It weighs .8 pounds and easily fits in the palm of your hand. It's extremely easy to use with a PC - it comes configured to simply plug and play using an included VGA cable. Be sure your computer has a VGA port, or you'll have to figure out a work around for a connection. Because it's small the output is not terribly bright, but since I'm using it for business presentations this works fine for me, as I can usually dim the lights if needed. The primary things I needed were easy portability, easy setup and low to no maintenance - I didn't want to be bothered with burnt out light bulbs. The last criteria was the primary reason I chose this model over other, less expensive projectors. It has LED lights that will last a long, long time - the specs in the instructions indicate 30,000 hours. That's much longer than I expect to use it before I get a new one, which, effectively means, I'll never have to deal with a burnt out light.

I addition to my Dell PC I have a Mac. I had to buy additional cables to use it on the Macintosh. Here's what I did. I bought a Thunderbolt/Mini Display Port to HDMI adaptor (around $10 or less) and an HDMI to HDMI cable (about $20). Plug the Thunderbolt/Mini Display Port to HDMI adaptor into your Thunderbolt/Mini Display Port on the Mac. Connect the HDMI female socket on this cable to the HDMI male socket on the second HDMI to HDMI cable. When you have the two cables joined, connect it to the HDMI port in the projector. The computer and the projector should automatically function together to project what is on your computer screen. If it does not do this, it may be that the projector is set to use the VGA cables that you use for a PC. The input on the projector must be set to recognize an HDMI input source, which is what these Mac cables are. To check what the projector is set to recognize and to change it if needed see the instruction manual that comes with the projector under “Input Source” on page 26.

Really, this is much harder to describe than it is to do. Once you get the cables, it's all pretty intuitive and goes quickly.

I'm really excited about this. What a great little machine!

1.0 out of 5 stars Test it when you get it!, April 17, 2014
We bought this projector direct from Dell for a new program. The program didn't get started right away so just took it out of the box yesterday and plugged it in and it does not work! Got a message that a fan has failed and that it will automatically shut down - which it then does. Called the company and they are sorry, but it has been more than 90 days. So if you buy it make sure you test it right away.

Rate and Discover Movies