Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 2, 2014
This is a great travel projector, perfect for those small group meetings (I would say under 10 people in small room). If you plan on holding larger scale meetings or training, this is not the right projector for those projects (as it is not bright enough to give you the clarity you need).

The pros - The compact size. It is small enough to fit in your laptop bag, and not "bulk" it up, plus the projector hardly weighs anything.

The cons - The clarity and the overall size. Due to the small size, the projector cables (to your laptop and to power) overwhelm the projector and make it unstable. You will need a tri-pod to use this projector to keep it balanced - do yourself a favor and just buy the tri-pod when you buy the projector.
on October 16, 2013
I just received this projector from Dell, opened the box and marveled at how small, i.e.: portable, it is. It weighs .8 pounds and easily fits in the palm of your hand. It's extremely easy to use with a PC - it comes configured to simply plug and play using an included VGA cable. Be sure your computer has a VGA port, or you'll have to figure out a work around for a connection. Because it's small the output is not terribly bright, but since I'm using it for business presentations this works fine for me, as I can usually dim the lights if needed. The primary things I needed were easy portability, easy setup and low to no maintenance - I didn't want to be bothered with burnt out light bulbs. The last criteria was the primary reason I chose this model over other, less expensive projectors. It has LED lights that will last a long, long time - the specs in the instructions indicate 30,000 hours. That's much longer than I expect to use it before I get a new one, which, effectively means, I'll never have to deal with a burnt out light.

I addition to my Dell PC I have a Mac. I had to buy additional cables to use it on the Macintosh. Here's what I did. I bought a Thunderbolt/Mini Display Port to HDMI adaptor (around $10 or less) and an HDMI to HDMI cable (about $20). Plug the Thunderbolt/Mini Display Port to HDMI adaptor into your Thunderbolt/Mini Display Port on the Mac. Connect the HDMI female socket on this cable to the HDMI male socket on the second HDMI to HDMI cable. When you have the two cables joined, connect it to the HDMI port in the projector. The computer and the projector should automatically function together to project what is on your computer screen. If it does not do this, it may be that the projector is set to use the VGA cables that you use for a PC. The input on the projector must be set to recognize an HDMI input source, which is what these Mac cables are. To check what the projector is set to recognize and to change it if needed see the instruction manual that comes with the projector under “Input Source” on page 26.

Really, this is much harder to describe than it is to do. Once you get the cables, it's all pretty intuitive and goes quickly.

I'm really excited about this. What a great little machine!
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2015
It's a nice product, compact, light, and has a great video definition. I bought one and I'm using with the wi-fi dongle, it's perfect since it doesn't require any video cable to work, just the power cable. However, keep in mind that if you're planning to use the wifi dongle on a notebook (like I did), the usb dongle uses the notebook wi-fi adapter to connect to the projector - which means you can't use the wi-fi network to browse on internet, for example. The usb dongle is connected in the projector (I thought it would be connected in the notebook), so since all notebooks only have 1 wi-fi adapter, you have to choose: to connect the projector or the internet, but not both at the same time. My solution for that was to purchase a 2nd usb wi-fi adapter to connect to the projector, and use the one in the notebook to connect to the internet, then it's possible to use both at the same time.
on February 24, 2014
I researched a lot before buying this projector and this was the best choice. When looking at a portable projector, take into consideration the following:

1. Contrast (ex: 10,000 to 1...2000 to 1)
2. Lumens (please make sure its the new ANSI type)
3. Lifetime (ex: 30,000 hrs)
4. Resolution
5, Connectors

Contrast and Lumens determine the quality of the image and lumens the brightness of the projection. I used it over a weekend for a retreat in a house during daytime. It had no problem producing bright light and the contrast was considerably better than a brookstone or AAPX projector.

Lifetime is always super important since replacing such bulbs are as expensive as the actual projector.This projector can go for 30,000 hours compared to 15,000 to 20,000 on other brands.

Overall, this is the best option out there for those who do not want to spend more than $420 on a portable projector that produces bright image even during the daytime on a 100 inches screen and last years of usage.
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2015
At first I liked this projector a lot. After using it more I realized it had limitations and some issues that I didn't expect. Part of the projected image had a white spot in it that wouldn't go away, no matter what was being played through the projector. This was most noticeable on a black screen where everything should've been black, but there was a white spot in the projected image. I tried cleaning the lens, and making sure it wasn't a reflection. It was just a dead spot in the projectors image. I don't know how that happens but it did on mine (See Attached Image).

Besides that obvious defect with my unit, I also had some issues with the color reproduction quality. No matter what mode I set the projector to, it never reproduced colors accurately! Blues looked washed out, reds looked pink. This is a big issue when I'm trying to play my PS4 through it and the colors are not correct. I expected the colors to be on point with its 10,000:1 contrast ratio. It's sick that my Brookstone pocket projector produced a better, more vivid image with a 2,000:1 contrast ratio and only 100 lumens! This was a deal breaker for me, regardless of the defect it already had.

Also, there's no remote included like most projectors have! You have to buy that separate from Dell's website. It is basically a necessity.

The projector ran very hot when I used it. Luckily there is a built in temperature sensor that will shut down the unit if it gets too hot, preventing permanent damage.

I hated the fact that you had to wait 10-15 minutes for the projector to warm up before focusing it. If you focus it right away, you'll have to refocus it in 15 minutes due to the heat causing the lens to change a little and need refocused. If the unit was able to keep itself cooler, this wouldn't be an issue. However, it runs so hot that you could use it as a space heater in your room!

Overall, very disappointed with this projector. It's sleek and has a nice design, but in the end it didn't perform nearly to the standard I expected. I returned this projector, and was forced to pay the return shipping ($30 with insurance) even though I had a defective unit and it wasn't like I just no longer wanted it. I feel like if something is defective like that, the seller needs to pay for the return shipping (every other seller has done this for me during a return of a defective item). I bought from PCNation. I'm still waiting on a refund and it's been over 2 weeks since the package was delivered to their warehouse! They said 7-10 business days, and it's been over that. When I called, they told me their warehouse is unfortunately a bit behind. They told them to prioritize my return now, so hopefully I see my refund soon.
review image
on January 14, 2014
I bought the M110 almost two years ago and it's been great. It's only shortcoming was that you could never get all four corners focused at the same time.

The first thing that I noticed with the M115 is that they fixed that problem! The screen throws a slightly smaller picture at the same distance as the M110, but it focuses sharply across the entire screen. Also, the colors look better, especially blues and it's brighter.

I've been using this guy as my tv in my living room. It's screwed onto a camera tripod I got for $10. I put over 5000 hours on the old one without a hitch and there's still 15,000 hours left on the bulb! I expect the same reliability from this one.

The LED bulb is the major selling point for it's long life and low energy consumption. The whole machine only runs on like 40 watts. Compare that to normal projectors that have several hundred watt bulbs that burn out after 3-4000 hours and can cost hundreds of dollars to replace.

If you are looking for more reviews on this product, go check out the ones for the M110, keeping in mind that this one is noticeably better.
on December 3, 2015
We have only had this projector for a short time. We have not used the regularly and the warranty just expired. All of a sudden the screen is tinted blue when we project a video. I've checked all the settings on the projector; we've tried different connector cords, and viewed via different laptops. It's a projector issue. The bulb seems to be the correct color and displays the Dell opening screen in the correct colors. It's strictly when you view a video. Dell support dept suggested we review the user manual, we had already done this. I asked for a repair store; they cannot provide us a name for repairing the projector. They did not have any other solution other than purchase a new projector. I logged on to their "Projector Support Forum." There are multiple posts regarding issues; none of the posts for help have been​ responded to by Dell. They are not providing support by phone or online for this product.
on August 20, 2015
Ok got this through CL for $160.00 the guy who sold it to me said it was new-I figured new he meant 2-3 months worth of use-its CL and with all honesty ITS NOT AMAZON-at least here you get what you pay for and they send it quickly! In short to my surprise ZERO hrs of operation-for the price it was a MAJOR blessing. Review 45 lumens in truth is not to bright-if your doing presentations in an office like I do MAKE SURE its darker than usual-HOWEVER-colors and sharpness are AMAZINGLY CRISP! In all truth-for $160.00 YEAH BUY IT but for $300+ with presentations in semi-dark rooms get yourself a projector with higher lumens because the farther back you go-the darker the picture gets-and yes YOU WILL NOTICE IT! With my presentation-(I teach DUI classes so I bring it pretty close to the white board and it looks BEAUTIFUL-(with its DLP you can't go wrong) but I know anything further back will not look great. Conclusion it has great spec-EXTREMELY LIGHT shuts off in 2seconds, HDMI quick connect, wireless through wifi, tripod mountable-its great for the price I purchased it for!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2016
Comes with a CD and a cable for a computer from 2001 not 2015. It should come with everything you need to install and use on a laptop from this decade.
on November 25, 2014
Does mostly what it claims. I had problems with the sound on multiple files that were encoded with H.264 and variable bit rate sound, the sound was very clearly "warbling", enough to make it unusable (the picture was just fine). When I tried other files e.g. MP4 with fixed bit rate it worked very well. When I tried the files that didn't play properly on two over devices they played just fine. It could be that it needed updated firmware. According the the manual H.264 at 1080p with variable bit rate up to 300kpbs is supported. Would benefit from a lens cap. There is a carry bag, but I intended to power it from an external battery pack, making the carry bag (which is intended to carry device, power block and cables) some extra bulk that I preferred not to carry - which is where a lens cap would be useful.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse