Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 6, 2011
This docking station was inexpensive, relatively speaking, and worth every penny. What Amazon doesn't tell you is this has VGA and DVI out as well. I have a dual monitor setup in my home office and am running a 27" 1080P display no problems. I love the fact it comes with its own power adapter you can always leave hooked up, and keep the other in your travel bag when you do decide to undock. It has plenty of USB ports, 3 being on the side for easy access. Also has audio out I used to plug my speakers into. Super convenient to have your home office setup with a standard keyboard and the works, but ability to packup and go without plugging and replugging 10 cables every time, getting under your desk to get your A/C adapter, etc. If you move this once every other week, this will save you, let's say, 1000 minutes per year. That is like 15 hours. How much is your time worth? My time is worth much more than $7 per hour, especially when that is extra time with the family.
on July 3, 2010
Got one for the office and will now probably get one for home. I constantly go back and forth between my home office and work. I use multiple monitors and have many things to connect at each location. Now I come in, drop my laptop on the docking station and am good to go. I don't have to get under the desk to find those cords that have fallen so i can plug them in anymore.
on October 25, 2011
I long resisted switching from a desktop to a laptop because laptops are a hassle to work on. A docking station can change all that. I have a flat-screen monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers hooked up to the docking station. Poof--like having a desktop, but I can still easily grab my laptop and go. The docking station doubles as a charger, so you can leave your power cord in your laptop bag and avoid wasting putting it up. Even with all the above hooked up, I still have USB ports to spare, but it's nice that you can still use the ones on your laptop. The docking station slightly raises your laptop to lower temperatures a bit.

On the downside, if you don't "lock" the laptop in it sometimes pops off. Moving your laptop on and off of the docking station will cause your laptop to freeze for a few seconds. The docking station is a little bulky and collects dust.
on January 9, 2013
At first, a wrong cord came with it. Mistakes are easy in the IT world, but what REALLY impressed me was the way eDealer dealt with the problem and resolved it very quickly and to my complete satisfaction. Personal, direct and efficient customer service is truly priceless in today's ecommerce world. eDealer definitely does it as well as anyone I've ever dealt with on or off line.
on April 12, 2013
If you travel or take your laptop home, you need this. No more unplugging keyboard, mouse, power, and monitor every time you need to take your laptop. It also comes with a spare power cord, which is key. You keep one power cord at the office and one at home or in your laptop bag. This means you never forget your cord.
on April 2, 2013
I bought this to allow me to hook extra USB cords up to my computer, but still be able to take the computer home when necessary. This does the trick. I was also able to hook up a secondary monitor. This does what it is designed to do and does it very well.
on May 4, 2010
Decent price and this does exactly what was advertised. I have this hooked up at work and just drop my laptop on it and press the power button. Keyboard, mouse, speakers and mouse all run thru the docking station while charging my laptop. As advertised!
on October 17, 2015
I installed this at my work when all they would give me is a laptop but I wanted a desktop. I feel good about it because the computer feels more "permanent" which is good for me because it is checked out in my name so apparently if it is stolen off my desk, it is my responsibility to replace it! I have a job that has me in and out of public schools all day long so I have no desire to tote around a laptop. This docking station not only offers enough extra usb ports to connect all my peripherals but also a charging cord for my phone. Perfect! Yay!
on May 16, 2014
I bought this to use with my Dell Latitude e7440. I got the refurb one from Data Sales Co. for $30... and it was Prime. Came in one day (must be close to where I live).

Out of the box, it looked brand new. Cords were sealed in plastic and wrapped with twisty tie, and actual docking station was in bubble wrap. Doesn't look like anyone used it before? No dust on it and no signs of wear.

Came with a manual (although it doesn't take a genius to know how to 'dock' your laptop). :)

It's all hooked up and I'm entering this review on it now, so all is well :) The power supply with it is a little bigger than what came with the laptop and has a higher AMP value, but I'm guessing that is because it supports more devices?

Also, as an FYI, the only awkward thing with this is that the e7440 has it's docking part at the rear back, so it doesn't fit against the docking station... not a problem as I have a big desk and it all fits... but just know there is like a 2 or 3 inch gap between the laptop and where other laptops must rest against the back of the docking station. It does fit snuggly down onto the dock though, so no worries there.
on March 16, 2016
I use one of these at the office but I work from home a lot. Instead of "borrowing" one from work, I found one on Amazon at a low price. This works great. I have my keyboard, mouse and one monitor (via VGA) attached to a KVM swich, which is then plugged into the docking station and my desktop. I can easily go from my home desktop to my laptop with the push of a button. My second monitor is also hooked up to the docking station via DVI (and also to the desktop via VGA using a VGA to DP adapter). I use the source button on the front of that monitor for switching back and forth. The docking station came with a new cord and power brick and works without issue. I push my laptop into place, press the power button and I now have dual monitors, mouse and a full keyboard.