5.0 out of 5 stars Triangle Laptops LLC Sells real Dell
Excellent alternative to Dell.com power adapters. Dell laptops will only work with real Dell power adapters. (off-brand chargers will power laptop but not charge battery) Triangle Laptops LLC sells real Dell brand, not knockoffs, at 30-40% lower price than ordering direct from Dell. I requested 2-day shipping and arrived on time.
Published on February 9, 2011 by N. Rodriguez

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Product
Published on May 11, 2012 by lancelot

5.0 out of 5 stars Triangle Laptops LLC Sells real Dell, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why people think this isn't OEM Dell?, December 23, 2011
Kefer (Irvine, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
First off, Dell chargers are known for not being very good quality and not lasting very long, but seriously I cannot figure out where people come up with the idea that this is a fake Dell charger. They must have got a different product than I did. If it is fake, somebody went to an incredible amount of trouble to fake something that they are selling for $25. Come on folks, think about it...we're talking a laptop charger for crying out loud, not a Rolex.

It is absolutely the same exact charger in every way as my original (including the cord...yes it has the same bend at the charger (my old cable fits and works just fine with the new charger), and yes the prongs are the exact same, yes it has the same rubber strap, and it has the same logo embossed on it and the same label in every single detail. It even came in the exact same box with the same bar code sticker on it that the original was packed in in my laptop's box!). One thing that is different is it has the blue ring at the connector end that lights up to show it is powered - this is a new Dell feature that was added since my computer was manufactured, and it's nice to see they sent the updated Dell charger.

So yea, it's a Dell charger for less than 1/2 the price. There is nothing wrong with it (that isn't wrong with every other Dell charger, that is) and it is absolutely not a fake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dell Power Adapter (90W), January 19, 2011
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
Dell makes terrible power adapters. But when you've already spent a few hundred dollars on one of their products and they don't want 3rd party adapters, you have to buy it. The design is slim and clever but flawed because when you're a college student like me or even anyone who moves and charges their laptops in a myriad of places, you have to wind the cable up. The cable on the adapter side is bent over and over again, and eventually it frays and rips.

That's the only reason I had to resort to buying another adapter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Product, May 11, 2012
lancelot (DREXEL HILL, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
After placing an order for a "New" OEM Dell 90W power adapter for my E6500 Dell laptop this is the rest of the story. The package arrived promptly and I was not expecting it that fast, a pleasant surprise! Opened the box, plugged it in. It appeared and looked good and I had no reason to believe or suspect it was refurbished, used or a reject. It promptly powered up my laptop and then within an hour of use my positive feelings turned to regret! This was my first experience with "AC Power" and depending on how quickly and effectively they resolve this problem will determine if it is my last. By the way, they weren't the least expensive seller for this item and their reviews for the most part were positive. I do take the time to research all of the items and sellers I purchase from on Amazon and am really surprised this happened. All for now...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Customer Service, March 5, 2011
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
My power adapter came quickly and was as advertised, however the seller had packaged the wrong AC cable. It wouldn't plug into the adapter. I emailed the seller who immediately sent me not one replacement cord, but a spare, as well. They extended my warranty on the item as a bonus. Good experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed After 2 Days, April 4, 2012
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
First problem was that I got an error every time I plugged it in to my Studio XPS 16 saying it wasn't the right supply. But it did charge the battery OK for a few days, until I noticed my battery was getting low, even though it was plugged in. The Status said "Connected but not charging." I purchased from a vendor that was fulfilled through Amazon so getting a refund for defective product was easy and Amazon paid the shipping and printed out a convenient shipping label for UPS.
Now I have to decide whether to try again with a different seller or order from Dell for $65 plus shipping.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the right adapter, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
This adapter may be good for its intended computer but it does not work on my Dell XPS 17 as advertised - It cost more to ship it back than it does to just eat it so it wasn't worth the trouble of returning it - also, the picture is a lie - the adapter I received was a CHinese knock off and not a Dell adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at this schlock!, March 16, 2012
Elizabeth Hunt (New York City, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
Very bad purchase. The adapter quit working after about 2 months and I have no idea why. One day, I unplugged my computer from it to work in a different room, and the adapter was not working when I brought the laptop back.

I guess it looks very similar to the OEM model, but it isn't the same.

I use the laptop as my primary computer and often have it plugged in. As such, the adapter in not relocated a lot. I usually just unplug it from the laptop and leave it plugged into a surge protector, taking only the computer with me.

I seldom travel with it, so that should not have been the issues. The wires are never wrapped around the body, it is not stretched nor plugged/unplugged a great deal. It was not abused in anyway, but it did not last.

I have no clue why it stopped working, so I assume that the product is defective.

For the months that it did work, it worked fine. If you need an adapter for a month or so, I guess this is a good choice..... Unfortunately, I was looking for a little longer life span.

1.0 out of 5 stars Adapter died after 2 days. Seller never responded to refund request., August 1, 2011
Patricia Kavula (Largo, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
I had this same adapter which came with my Dell Latitude laptop. My kids tripped on the cord one too many times, and the wire completely severed inside. I overnighted this adapter (seller Triangle Laptops), which worked great the first day. The next day I plugged it in, it worked fine, then suddenly stopped working. No signal to the computer, no "blue light" that indicates it's getting a current. No storms or lightning strikes. Just completely died after only 2 days. I found a local computer shop, and they verified it had no voltage and was completely dead. Ended up buying a third party adapter from the shop which has been working fine ever since.

I tried 3 times to contact the seller (twice by emailing, the third by going through Amazon's contact seller feature). First 2 were returned as undeliverable, and never a response through Amazon, either. I finally just clicked on "Return Item", and since it was fulfilled by Amazon, the return process appears to be pain-free. We'll see...

I have no ill-will towards the adapter itself. My first one worked for an extremely long time even though suffering abuse with wires hanging half out. But I would avoid this seller if you want to purchase one!

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY POOR PRODUCT, July 27, 2011
This review is from: Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt (Personal Computers)
When I purchased the adapter in April I expected it to last longer than only 2 short months (died in June)!!
The first request to the company for replacement of which I have had NO RESPONSE when asking them to stand by their return policy of replacing the item within the 60 day warrenty. But with still NO RESPONSE I would have requested a REFUND on the adapter of which I'm sure I will also have NO RESPONSE.

I do have to say I make purchases on Amazon often & have always received great service, but this item is to be returned to the Seller. I will NOT make the mistake of another purchase to where the Seller is responsible for warranty.

Dell - Power adapter - 90 Watt