4.0 out of 5 stars Very awesome!
Published 13 months ago by Dlillis

1.0 out of 5 stars BE WARNED -
Published on October 18, 2010 by W. Carter

4.0 out of 5 stars Very awesome!, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Dell Studio XPS 1645 Laptops pack the power you need for work or play, Intel Core i7-820QM Quad Core Processor 1.73GHz (3.06GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache), 6GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHZ, 320GB 5400RPM Drive, 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670, 15.6 inch Edge-to-Edge FHD Widescreen WLED LCD (1920x1080), Blu-ray Disc Combo (DVD+/-RW + BD-ROM), Back-Lit Key Board, Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit, 370 Bluetooth Module, WiFi Link 5300 802.11a/g/n Card, 9 Cell Battery, 2.0 MP Webcam, Black (Personal Computers)
I love my new laptop. They described it perfectly...as they said there are some scratches on the screen but the only time you can really see most of them is when the background is black. That doesn't happen very often. It runs great. I play Sims 3 on it which was one of the reasons I wanted it, and it processes things so much faster than I grew used to. It's way better and these sellers are honest and know what they are doing. It got here quick, too. I would certainly recommend trusting them and order from them again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy gaming laptop, July 20, 2012
It is a good sturdy gaming laptop. It has a lot of computing power. I have it for over 2 years now without any problem so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE WARNED -, October 18, 2010
Honestly, I wish that the motherboard did its job and booted when turning on the computer. This computer is sexy, fast and a joy to compute with. Each time I turned it on, it booted only after a hard shut-down. It never made it out of the Dell logo and blue progress bar. For $2300 it should do better. The exchange unit (which I cancelled) had inferior parts substituted. DUH! Like I wouldn't have noticed. And oh yeah, part shortages mean't waiting another three weeks. Let's see, ordered the laptop 9/6, received 9/16. Problem with the boot-up from the beginning. Stupid me. Waited until 10/2 to contact Dell Support. BTW: It is not award-winning support if you're told to disconnect the AC and remove the battery and then push the power button for 45 seconds, then put it all back together and turn it on and your troubles are gone. Hmmm, okay, being jerked-around for two weeks and then told mid-November replacement arrival time but we're not sure. So the laptop is not exactly "bricked" but not exactly what one would expect for premium dollars.
To recap: Dell built an expensive laptop for me with shabby quality control (faulty motherboard), battled with me for two weeks before offering an exchange (with inferior grade parts), telling me the queue for the exchange is 15 business days (3 weeks), and already I've made 1/12th payment to DFS and the next due in two weeks.

My best advice if you want this laptop: order but be prepared. Everytime you speak with Tech support, memorialize the conversation, ask for the rep's name AND badge number AND extension. Be professional and don't take it personally although it is your personal money :-)

Remember it is NOT your fault the computer is non-operative. It is the company you purchased it from - DELL.

The DFS people can help to cancel the order much better than Tech Support.

Although I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, it is pretty stupid of Dell Computer company to tell me to wait 3 weeks to get an exchange AND that then exchange is not the same - Like I wouldn't notice? So tonight back goes the laptop that I couldn't load programs and data onto, the laptop that I couldn't use for work (to make money to pay for the computer) and entertainment when needed.

All this to be insulted; to have made payments to DFS and have NO ONE say, can we at least offer you a gift card? Or, we'd like to hold your payments in abeyance until we resolve the problem to your satisfaction. We value you as a customer.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN and hope that there are no goblins in your laptop!

4.0 out of 5 stars Little complaints, February 15, 2011
I have to say, I have yet(Knock on wood), and hopefully will never experience anything wrong with my XPS 1645. Dell is GReat, and I have had problems with other laptops from them, but now I am very happy.
I would def buy Dell again, but I will be switching to Mac when ever this computer gets too old/slow.
so all I have to say is
I love Dell.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy A Dell XPS 1645!, December 6, 2010
I purchased a Dell XPS 1645 lap top as it was hailed as their best machine. I had constant problems with it crashing randomly. In order to save time, I paid a dell 3rd party service center to reformat the hard drive. Still the problems consisted. I kept calling Dell tech support. They kept trying things. Finally they sent out a service technician to replace all the insides of the lap top, the mother board, hard drive, everything. Still problems persisted. Random crashes continued. Finally I called them to ask for my money back as the lap top they sold me never has worked since the day I bought it. I thought I by being patient they would fix it. However, they told me that my 21 return window had expired and that they could do nothing for me. So, I have a $3,000 Computer from Dell that doesn't work and they won't take it back. They won't refund the two additional AC adapters that I purchased with it either. I will never buy another Dell again.