Designed for the super-fast mobile broadband speeds of T-Mobile's 4G network, the Android-based Dell Streak 7 is the ultimate entertainment hub for families and road warriors craving a rich multimedia and web experience both at home and on-the-go. It features a brilliant 7-inch WVGA multi-touch display made of damage-resistant Gorilla Glass that's ideal for Web browsing, streaming video, watching TV and movies, reading books and magazines, or playing games wherever you roam.
The Dell Streak 7 offers a vibrant 7-inch, multi-touch display (see larger image).
Powered by a screaming fast, dual-core 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, the Streak 7 is loaded full of entertainment and family-friendly apps--from Kindle for Android and Zinio magazines to T-Mobile TV for your enjoying your favorite shows on the go. The Streak 7 also helps you capture and shares favorite moments with the rear-facing 5 megapixel camera for high-definition stills and video recording and a front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera for video-calling over T-Mobile's network (as well as Wi-Fi) using the preloaded Qik Video Chat application.
Other features include a 16 GB internal memory that can be expanded via optional microSD memory cards (up to 32 GB in size), Swype virtual keyboard technology, full support for Adobe Flash Player, up to 4 hours of continuous video playback time, and up to 3 days of standby time.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the Streak 7 is specifically designed for T-Mobile's HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which delivers downloads at 4G speeds. T-Mobile's upgraded HSPA+ network currently covers 100 major metropolitan areas across the U.S. (read more about HSPA+ below). The Streak 7 also offers Wi-Fi networking as well as the ability to share its 3G/4G Internet connection with other laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
You'll be able to pay the way you want with prepaid and postpaid data plans from T-Mobile Pay As You Go (learn more about prepaid services below)
Enjoy a rich web and multimedia experience at home or one the go (see larger image).
Android 2.2 OS and Dell Stage User Interface
The Streak 7 runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The Streak 7 also features Dell's innovative Stage user interface, which provides a seamless and unified experience for accessing all your favorite content. Later this year, Dell will add syncing to Stage so you can keep your photos, contacts, calendars, and other personal content synchronized across your Dell Stage-equipped devices--from tablets to PCs--connected through your home network.
T-Mobile Entertainment and Content
The Dell Streak 7 comes preloaded with unique content and applications to entertain the whole family, including:
Includes a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chats on popular services such as Qik or Skype (see larger image).
- T-Mobile TV. Live and on-demand TV including live news, sports and full-length entertainment, plus on-demand full episodes of your favorite shows.
- Qik Video Chat. Connect with friends and family through both T-Mobile's 3G/4G network and Wi-Fi--unlike some other video-calling solutions that only work through Wi-Fi. With the Streak 7's front-facing camera paired with Video Chat through Qik, you can hold video conversations with those who have a Streak 7--or other compatible mobile device--and even broadcast your view through the rear-facing camera.
- BrainPOP: Animated educational content embraced by students and trusted by teachers and parents around the globe. BrainPOP brings learning to your fingertips.
- Zinio. The largest online newsstand, enabling customers to shop for, search inside, read, share and save digital content in new ways with more than 75,000 digital magazines from 26 countries.
- Kindle for Android. Lets you shop for hundreds of thousands of books in the Kindle Store, including New York Times Best Sellers and new releases from $9.99. Use Amazon's Whispersync technology to automatically synchronize your last page read, bookmarks, annotations, and more across your various devices--including Kindle, Kindle DX, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry and Android phones.
- BLOCKBUSTER On Demand Enables you to discover and download the latest movie rentals on the go. Blockbuster's first-ever video download application on a smartphone allows you to buy a movie on one device and watch on another connected device through Blockbuster's library.
- Let's Golf (Gameloft). Discover a fun atmosphere making golf accessible to anyone with 63 holes in 4 environments in 3D and 4 characters to customize. 63 holes in 4 distinct locations remodeled in 3D: Fiji Beach, the American Mountains, the English Countryside, and Scottish Lochs.
- Slacker Radio. With millions of songs from thousands of artists, Slacker is the best way to discover new artists and hear your favorite music. Listening to Slacker is as easy as selecting one of over 120 DJ-programmed genre stations or searching for your favorite artist or song.
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo) with over-the-air upgrade capability for future OS releases
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with voice-activated search, turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Wi-Fi Sharing allows you to use your phone's 3G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming.
- 5-megapixel rear camera with auto focus, multi-shot mode, and LED flash. You can share them with family and friends by sending them to any e-mail address, T-Mobile camera phone, or MyAlbum.
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chats (fixed focus) for face-to-face chats on popular services such as Qik or Skype
- HD 720p video capture (from rear camera)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with H.263/H.264, 3GP, MPEG4, WMV
| || |
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
Design and Hardware
- 1 GHz nVidia Tegra T20 dual core processor
- 7-inch capacitive multi-touch display (800 x 480 pixels) made of ultra-durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass with proximity and light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion.
- Built-in battery
Communications & Internet
- Easy access to favorite social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging with threaded messaging view
- Personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
- Instant messaging services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk
- Real web browsing with full HTML WebKit browser
- Support for Adobe Flash 10.1 makes sure that your favorite sites load and look their very best
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, and calculator
- USB 2.0 port with mass storage capabilities.
The Dell Streak 7 weighs 17.6 ounces and measures 7.9 x 4.7 x 0.5 inches. Its 2780 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of continuous video playback, and up to 72 hours (3 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+). What's in the Box
Dell Streak 7 tablet, rechargeable battery, charger, wired stereo hands-free headset, SIM card, quick start guide
T-Mobile Pay As You Go Prepaid Service
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can pay--and talk--as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a simple, direct way to go mobile. There are many ways to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Plan so that you can stay continually connected with the people who matter most, including via the T-Mobile Web site or using refill cards available at over 90,000 locations nationwide. You can choose from either a monthly postpaid plan (which includes convenient Wi-Fi Hotspot access) or prepaid plans that provide smaller set amounts of data usage. Monthly Plans
- $24.99: 200 MB (10¢/MB overage)
- $39.99: 5 GB (no overage)
- $10.00: 100 MB (7 days)
- $30.00: 300 MB (30 days)
- $50.00: 1 GB (30 days)
T-Mobile Network Features High-Speed Data Connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G/4G Network
This tablet is compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 3G/4G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. It's is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (4G, 3G, or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G/4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go. T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of February, 2011, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ 4G in 200 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--cover 200 million people across the country--with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range.