A compact and powerful companion that helps expand your ability to access your digital life on the go, the Android-powered Dell Streak for AT&T is both a tablet PC and a smartphone. Offering a 5-inch touchscreen display, the Wi-Fi-enabled Streak is ideal for on-the-go Web browsing, e-book reading, gaming, and watching downloaded movies and TV shows. Additionally, with its 3G connectivity via AT&T's fast HSDPA network, the Streak allows you to make phone calls as well as send texts and tweets just as you would with a smartphone.
The Wi-Fi- and 3G-enabled Dell Streak.
Powered by a screaming fast 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and running the Android 1.6 operating system, the Streak brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. It also offers integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views, and access to the Google Maps with Navigation beta app via the Android Market with text-to-voice functionality.
It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service (via a downloadable app) for turn-by-turn directions.
On-the-go students, mobile professionals, and active families will find Streak's web-browsing capabilities as natural as a laptop. The 5-inch multi-touch screen is large enough to present Web pages in their natural format, create a comfortable viewing experience, and make turn-by-turn navigation simple and safe.
With built-in Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity, the Streak brings easy access for downloading and listening to music, updating social networking status in real-time, and staying connected to friends and family through e-mail, text, IM, and voice calls.
Is it a tablet or a smartphone? Get the best of both worlds with the Dell Streak (see larger image).
A full screen browsing experience with a 5-inch capacitive multi-touch WVGA display (see larger image).
The Streak features a high-resolution 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and dual-LED flash, plus a VGA front-facing camera for use with compatible video chat apps. And it offers easy uploads to your favorite photo and video sharing sites, like YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, and more. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 2 GB of internal memory, microSD memory expansion (up to 32 GB), HDMI output for connecting to compatible HDTVs, and a 1530 mAh rechargeable battery for long life on the go.
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 1.6) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Multi-tasking capabilities allows you to switch freely between applications, browse multiple windows. Operate multimedia, navigation, and telephony simultaneously.
- Synchronized address books via Google Contacts, Facebook, and Exchange Client. Start conversations with contacts via phone, SMS, IM, or Facebook.
- Integrated GPS with a choice of navigation apps:
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say "Navigate to [your destination]" to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device.
- AT&T Navigator service is downloadable via Android Market and includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
Powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 1 GHz processor
(see larger image).
- 5-inch multi-touch display made of damage-resistant Gorilla Glass (800 x 480 pixels) with ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer
- Widescreen virtual keyboard with haptic feedback
- 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus lens and dual LED flash
- User-facing VGA camera for video chatting
- Multi-format media player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+ audio files and H.263/H.264, .3GP, MPEG4, and WMV video files. Dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Memory: 512 MB ROM + 512 MB SDRAM + 2 GB non-user accessible microSD for system and applications files only
- HTML Web browser (Webkit)
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Dell Streak weighs 7.7 ounces and measures 6 x 3.1 x 0.4 inches. It comes with a removable 1530 mAh lithium-ion battery. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) and 2100 MHz international 3G networks.
What's in the Box
Dell Streak, rechargeable battery, charger, stereo headphones with microphone, USB cable, carrying pouch, quick start guide
| ||High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries and wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries--as well as access ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
| ||The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |