4.0 out of 5 stars Dell Studio 1535 won't charge this
When this battery is plugged into my Dell Studio 1535, the battery indicator lights flashes alternating amber and white and the laptop refuses to charge the battery. The BIOS basically states that the battery can't be "verified", but it does give you an option to boot into Windows anyway.

Considering this, I'm fairly surprised with the large amount of positive...
Published 18 months ago by Jothdu

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time...NOT a Dell battery
NOT a "new Dell" battery as described/titled, so that's misleading. It's a generic battery made in China (surprise, surprise!). I have a Dell Studio 1535 and the battery did not work, was not compatible. As soon as I inserted it, I got an error message - the battery won't charge...so in other words, it's completely useless.

Dell charges over $110 for...
Published 18 months ago by Paul Clement

4.0 out of 5 stars Dell Studio 1535 won't charge this, March 8, 2013
This review is from: New Dell Studio 1555 1535 1537 Laptop Battery, 56Wh (Electronics)

Considering this, I'm fairly surprised with the large amount of positive reviews, and at the time I didn't give ordering this battery a 2nd thought. I'm thinking that I may try downgrading my BIOS version because I think it's unlikely that I just have a "defective" generic battery. I'll update my review if I find a fix, but I have no choice but to rate this a 1 otherwise. At the moment, this is just a really expensive alkaline battery =)

UPDATE: My Studio 1535 was running BIOS version A06 when I initially tried this battery, which is the newest release. I downgraded to A02 and the laptop now charges the battery. I also downloaded A03 and A05, but it looks like A03 is where Dell starts to implement the battery validation. I'm upping my review to 4 stars since it's not the batteries fault that Dell wants to force their customers into buying batteries at 5X the price. If anyone else has the issue I had, downgrading the BIOS version seems to be the fix.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time...NOT a Dell battery, March 20, 2013

Dell charges over $110 for a replacement battery, which seems very high so I thought I'd take a shot at a cheaper alternative. Turned out just to be a big waste of time. Now I need to return for refund and still find a new replacement battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery replacement for Dell Studio 1555 is great!, June 18, 2012
This product is better than great, actually. It in fact has given me a longer charge with less time charging than my OEM battery that came with the laptop originally. The OEM claims about 6 hours of life max depending on usage, but even just letting my laptop sit idle with the lowest setting for screen brightness is never even reached 3 hours. With this battery, I use my computer to the max setting for brightness, can use my anti-virus to search for viruses in my system, use the internet, play music and download movies and still get closer to 3 hours out of it than I ever did with the original. If left idling, the laptop stays on up to 4 hours without dying, but that's without touching it and no downloads or programs running. The only thing this battery could do better is survive longer on one charge but with the fact it charges so quickly I don't mind it because within an hour its fully recharged and holds the charge for days when the computer is off so it is ready to use whenever wherever. Just be sure to either have a backup battery or charger with you on the road. I use mine primarily at home, therefore it is fine for me. However, on the road ot does not last that long, especially searching for wifi terminals. Wifi kills the battery charge more than anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, December 26, 2011
This battery was purchased for my Dell Studio 1555 laptop that I purchased back in 2009. The battery wore out, and I bought this as the replacement. Truly, it's been with me for almost 2 weeks and I couldn't be more than satisfied. It holds the charge for longer then 2.5 hours on average, and was very reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and works well, December 7, 2011
Man its nice to have a battery that lasts more than half an hour again. This battery works great and heck, what a price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed to work, May 24, 2013
I order this specific replacement battery because it was for my model. nfortunately, it didn't work and I wound up returning it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Transaction - An Asset to Amazon, June 17, 2012
First off, I purchased this battery online -- very easy and smooth transaction. Secondly, the postal tracking had it scheduled to arrive a little over a week later; however the battery was in my mailbox after only three days. Lastly, I have had the battery for a little over a month now, and I have relied on it often. It works absolutely perfectly! It is like having a new laptop again! I would highly recommend this seller and this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, July 12, 2013
I just purchased this battery and it only worked for maybe a week. Horrible!!! Not a good product. Would not purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars replaced battery in dell computer, May 22, 2013
I looked at batteries from Dell for my computer - they were close to $100!!!!!! I wasn't about to pay that much to replace my battery, so I looked on Amazon and found this battery for a more reasonable price. seems to work fine. no issues

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, and fast service, December 4, 2012
I wanted to try this battery vs. buying one from the Dell site for $130. I've had the battery for a week, and it's working great. I received the battery in the time promised. I'd buy from the supplier again. Thanks!

Rate and Discover Movies