Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP - 20.1" 1680x1050 resolution w/ USB hub
- Wide Screen Flat Panel
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|This Product Is EPEAT Registered|
EPEAT is the authoritative Eco rating system for electronics that uses a comprehensive and transparent process to evaluate a product's environmental performance. With three performance tiers - Gold, Silver and Bronze - EPEAT helps people identify products that are easy to upgrade and recycle, contain fewer toxins, and use less energy. Learn more.
Top Customer Reviews
The earlier models (Rev. 02) of the 2007wfp monitors had some problems with banding issues. These issues seem to be mostly fixed in the Rev. 03 models. There have been 2 different panels used in this monitor. S-PVA and S-IPS. The S-PVA panels are also very good, but have slightly different specs.
To find out what panel your 2007wfp has, you can go into the monitor setup menu:
1- Turn off your screen
2- Press simultaneously the 'Menu' and '+' button of the screen.
3- While holding the 2 buttons, press now the 'Power' button.
4- Once the screen in ON, unpress the 3 buttons.
5- Just press '-' button.
You can run a search on the panel code that is listed in the menu and find out what you received!
Best of luck!
The 2007WFP uses the S-IPS style of LCD ...some of the older 2007WFP's used either the S-IPS or S-PVA screen but the current lot are all S-IPS. The LCD screens are supposedly made by LG or Samsung and the screen is the same as the highly touted Apple Cinema series. If you do an online search for these types of display technologies, S-IPS and S-PVA, you will find them rated much better than the more prevalent and less expensive TN style of LCD. And finding an LCD with S-IPS or S-PVA technology is becoming more difficult especially at the Dell's price point. The 2007FPW monitor is replacing my aging Samsung Sync-Master 17 inch CRT. The image is beautiful and for basic PC operations (non-photographic or movie) this monitor is much better than my CRT ...the extra "real estate" on the 20 inch screen is great.
I am an amateur photographer and one of the reasons I bought this monitor was to be able to use it in photo editing with Photoshop. This monitor came up many times in online recommendations as a best "bang of the buck" LCD monitor for digital photography work. Is it the best? No, but then the best will run you well over a grand or two. To get the best image on any of these LCD screens, connect them using the highest quality signal available which for the 2007 is via a DVI cable (included in the box).Read more ›
The four corners of the monitor had bright spots like a light leak at each corner, and the contrast adjustments were insufficient to calibrate the monitor for photo editing, with shadows that were too dark. Reducing contrast so reduced the overall brightness that everything took on a grey muddy feel. After fiddling with it for a week, I returned the monitor and am back on the hunt.
Loved the look, the swivel screen, controls were easy to figure out, screen was nice and sharp and color was tasty, but this is not a budget alternative to a higher end display for anyone interested it using it for photo editing.
1. This monitor has extremely fast response times. I use it for gaming and there's no ghosting whatsoever.
2. The color is beautiful. With most LCDs, you have to tweak with the color a bunch to even get a somewhat decent picture. This monitor had no problems like this...I plugged it in and the color was great. I'm a web designer and one of my many criteria for a monitor was good color. This monitor definitely passed the test.
3. The size is great. With most 22-24" monitors, they take the same panel and stretch it out a few inches. The result? Take a small picture and blow it up to 1 1/3 its original size. It looks like junk. The 20" screen on this monitor has a perfect picture because Dell didn't try to fool anyone by making the screen bigger.
1. In general (not with my model) there are some problems with back lights bleeding through more in certain areas than others.
2. Banding. With fine gradients, looking closely enough will reveal that the gradient is not smooth, but has bands running through it. This is ignorable.
3. By default, the monitor has an "auto color adjust" thing. It changes your colors and brightness and just every time the screen changes significantly. This is extremely obnoxious, but can be turned off through the menu.
All in all, the best < 30" LCD money can no longer buy (except on ebay). If you have a chance to get one and don't easily get penis envy about monitor size, get it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Unbeatable value! With 4 inputs, this monitor is basically a TV, just without the tuner part! Exceeded my expectations!Published 11 months ago by pk45
Great product, had one already, needed another one for a two screen set up on a tow monitor stan, very pleasedPublished 17 months ago by Miguel Luciani
one of the BEST Dell screens. Love the adjustable height and i need more words.. so yeah.. it's an awesome monitor! I would get another, if I had more desk space.Published 23 months ago by Markus
Can't beat the value - work perfectly and in great condition. I use two of them as dual monitors and they look great.Published on February 2, 2014 by Robert J. Buechel
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.