Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon April 11, 2012
When you do a search for a 24" monitor, and you find dozens available in the $150-$200 price range, why in the world would anyone consider this monitor when it costs about twice as much? If you're just looking for a monitor that delivers basic performance, you wouldn't. But if you're looking for a monitor that will deliver a great picture, provide lots of desktop space for your programs, and backed with a great warranty, then you should definitely consider this monitor!

There are plenty of bullet point reasons to consider when comparing monitors:

- Most monitors made today are 1920x1080. This one is 1920x1200. Those extra 120 pixels can make a difference depending on what you are working on. Imagine the difference between viewing a PDF file a full page at a time instead of having to scroll. Imagine being able to see more of that photo of your kids that you're working on. More vertical height means that you can see more E-Mails at once, and less scrolling when reading web pages.

- Most cheap monitors are made with lesser quality TN LCD panels instead of higher quality IPS panels. This Dell UltraSharp has an IPS panel that delivers great color without oversaturation and its viewing angles are very good. With TN, you get color shifts depending on how you're looking at your monitor (especially vertically). Not so with IPS. While not capable of the wide gamut that the U2410 can deliver, that feature is only needed if you are editing files in the Adobe RGB color space. If you don't know what that is, you don't need it because you aren't using it. The more common sRGB color space is supported on this monitor, which is what most people would want to use.

- Most cheap monitors do not have height adjustments. This monitor allows you to move the panel vertically to get the right viewing angle. For most people, the best position is to have the top of the monitor line up with your forehead. With cheap monitors, you end up stacking your monitor on top of old catalogs or phone books.

These are just some of the things you should consider when buying a monitor. Whether they are important to you is your choice, but you should be aware of them and make an educated decision.

What would I change on this monitor?
------------------------------------
While it has two USB ports on the side, it would be nice if the monitor had a built-in card reader. Doing so would help reduce the clutter of having an external card reader or depending on having a card reader built into your PC or printer. This isn't a deal-breaker by any means, but it would be nice to at least have an SD reader available.

I like the fact that this monitor doesn't come with speakers built-in, but the AY511 soundbar that can be added is unnecessarily expensive and requires a power adaptor. There are situations where having very basic speakers would be very nice, and an unpowered speaker bar that was in the $30 price range would be a great addition. The AX510 seems like it should work, but Dell doesn't list it as being compatible with the U2412 monitor.

Overall
-------
I haven't yet fully calibrated this monitor with color profiles, and I'm not sure that I will go through the effort, as the controls allow for getting a pretty good picture without needing that extra step. I have it adjusted for a broad range of greyscale display and the colors are vibrant without being oversaturated.

I am very happy with the performance of this monitor, and while the price was higher than your average big-box store flyer special, it represents a great value in my opinion. Even though I'm using it for personal use, I would not hesitate to use it in a professional environment as well. It's an excellent business monitor, and after being fully calibrated, I think it would serve photographers and graphic designers very well. If you need Adobe RGB, you'll have to go up to the U2410, but many photo labs use sRGB, and this monitor does that with no trouble.

While this monitor is more expensive, I feel that it delivers what's important. A monitor is your primary interface with your computer, and if you care at all about image quality, you'll give this monitor very serious consideration before thinking that you can save money and be just as happy.
66 comments|366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2012
First off, please ignore all the comments about not for photography or it lacks the full color spectrum and all the complaints about the anti-glare coating. I will say right off the bat that yes you can see the coating but really only if your screen is showing pure white. It isn't as bad as most people say though. I like to call it the "Twilight Effect(tm)", it is a small rainbow shimmer that appears when your monitor is showing bright colors. It's not a strong shimmer and really only shows if you are up really close and are shifting viewing angles. However this coating does do a wonderful job at preventing any sort of reflections or shine even in super bright light which for me is a way better trade off because if you get glare it is going to be way more obvious and disruptive then a little "Twilight Effect(tm)" on your screen. If you're ever in a room with windows, in an office with bright lights, or even if you're ever mobile then glare will be far more of an issue than this shimmer will be. However if you're a graphics guy or something similar and never plan to have your monitor see the light of day in fear that it will melt under the bright sun rays (in true vampire style)then sure go get yourself one of those super shiny glass covered Apple displays.

As for all the ""Professional Photographers" that keep complaining about the color spectrum of this monitor, I must ask you why you are looking at an entry level budget IPS panel for you exactly matched color spectrum? You seriously think you are going to have a $300 monitor that will be able to display photos taken with your $3,000 lens. You're just looking in the completely wrong place with this one. You are going to have to do like you did for all that fancy Canon of Nikon gear and just bend over and take it and pay $1,000+ for a truly accurate professional level monitor. Seriously you didn't skimp out on any of your camera gear so don't skip out on your monitor either. I know there are a couple good ones around the $500 or so range but the true pro models that meet all standards are really expensive.

For all of you amateur/semi-pro photogs, this would include anyone that doesn't plan to print or intends to print at the drug store, this also includes anyone sharing your photos on a web site or saving images as jpg, png, or gifs, this means anyone that isn't shooting on a DSLR and with all the high end fancy settings options set or even if you are shooting on a DSLR but really only with your kit lens because it zooms to any focal distance you would ever dream of using, basically this means that 90% or more of users are either never going to get the chance to notice a difference or are just not going to really care enough to pay double the price for a monitor that can show more colors but no one else will see them unless you print them on a calibrated cmyk printer. As for everyone else on earth if you do happen to have gear that can work in these color ranges just remember that if you are not setting everything correctly along the entire process then it isn't going to make a difference. Or if you are going to share your digital images with basically anyone on earth then those missing spectrum colors won't matter. Not only will not show for them but it will actually mute and wash out the colors and if will look worse than ever.

If your someone who does photography as a hobby or on a small level or only digitally, if you edit your own videos or web shows, if you want something that will display way more colors while watching your dvds and blue rays and you don't want to sell a kidney to do it then this monitor is one of the best out there. If all of this same stuff applies but the 1920x1200 (16:10) isn't important to you and you are perfectly fine with 1920x1080 (16:9) then take a look at the ASUS PA Series PA238Q or the cheapest and nicest looking of the all the AOC I2353PH. They are both also very highly rated IPS panels for cheap. Just remember if you plan on doing video editing that the extra 120 lines of vertical pixels in the Dell monitor means you can view your footage full HD and still have a time scrub/ tool bar at the bottom of the screen.

Anyway before you can really make a good decision takes a little bit of time to think how you are going to use your monitor the most and then find something that fits your needs. Don't bash a monitor (really anything) because it doesn't do what you want it to do. That would be more your fault for looking in the wrong place or not spending the time to make sure it will suit your needs. If you open a box and you pick up your item and it falls apart well then that is something to complain about but deducting a star because a monitor doesn't have an HDMI port and you need an HDMI just means you did a really crappy job at reading the specifications line in the product listing. Seriously though you are obviously already online and it's not like they are hiding facts about their monitor to hope to dupe you into thinking it will have an HDMI port when it really won't (OH I can just hear the maniacal laughter now). Well anyway if you are not a professional and you want something that's still fairly high end yet still affordable then you won't be disappointed with the quality of this monitor and color of this monitor once you set it up properly.
3838 comments|743 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2012
I'm a photographer making the transition to video capture and editing (which will be my primary workflow). I shoot with Canon and exclusively use older Zeiss lenses. I process on a 2010 15" Macbook Pro duo-core i7 processor with 8gb ram. I recently purchased a Spyder 4PRO color calibrator for monitor calibration.

I'm not a video gamer, so monitor response time is not that much of a concern (if you primarily game, save $150 and buy a TN panel).

Okay, with all that in mind:
I researched monitors for a month prior to my purchase and decided that, regardless of the money, an IPS panel was critical for color gamut and angle of view. Of the IPS panels, Dell had the winning combination of video performance as well as physical ergonomics within a $500 budget. It became a question of the U2412 ($300 on Amazon) and the U2410 ($500 on Amazon):

Both monitors had a well-built feel. They had heavy, solid bases that prevented tipping within reason. The menus were intuitive and easy to navigate.

It wasn't until I calibrated the color with the Spyder 4PRO that I noticed a potential problem for photographers using the U2412. The Spyder 4PRO is such a dream to use in this system configuration, and will actually show you how your monitor's color gamut compares within SRGB, NTSC, and ADOBE RGB color spaces.

THE U2412 FALLS JUST SHORT OF AN SRGB COLOR SPACE, AND IS ONLY 77% OF AN ADOBE RGB COLOR SPACE. If you want the option of viewing your images in an ADOBE RGB colorspace, the U2410 is capable of that color gamut - not the U2412.

The U2412 is a stellar in the image department, showing as much subtle mid-tone as my camera can capture. I will, however, note that blacks could be just a touch deeper. Again, it's easy to get neurotic with exacting measurement. It must be put into perspective that, for my line of work, web-based media is the future, as broadcast network tv is becoming dead as dead. with this in mind, even if I'm watching media on a "prefect" screen, the masses who will stream it are definitely watching it on wildly inaccurate monitors, so when all's said and done, where do you draw the line on critical performance perfection?

Out of the box, both monitors need to be calibrated (previous reviews about a blue/red hue are right on). Don't rely on the pre-fab video options for games, movies, etc. - they are not accurate. I personally can't fault a monitor for not being accurate out of the box - I understand that proper monitor calibration is a step that must be taken and is dependent on specific variables regarding monitor location, workflow, etc. I found the Spyder 4Pro to be a 10minute process from start to finish and was dead on the first time... because exact directions were followed.

Again, the U2412 is plenty of accurate monitor for the price.

!!! ADD-ON COMMENT !!!
THERE ARE NO HDMI INPUTS FOR THE U2412, ONLY THE U2410.

IF YOU ARE ON A MACBOOK, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PROPER DVI INPUT. MY MACBOOK REQUIRES A MINI DVI - STANDARD DVI ADAPTER... NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH A MICRO DVI - STANDARD DVI ADAPTER (EVEN SMALLER INPUT FOR IPADS). APPLE SELLS THE MINI FOR $40 AND THE MICRO FOR $20. AMAZON SELLS THEM FOR $5.

*** 6 MONTH FOLLOW UP ***

Monitor behaves just as it did out of the box. No problems of any kind to report.
2323 comments|223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
Be advised that it is just about impossible to obtain warranty service from Dell on this monitor, or any monitor 24" or less.

It turns out that Dell's website and its CSRs in the Phillippines and India refuse to even allow you to talk to (or chat with, or access online) any tech support or warranty info without a "service tag" number or "express service" number. As Dell's website makes clear, 24" monitors and smaller do NOT have service tag numbers, only serial numbers. Dell's reps repeatedly told me that they cannot transfer me based on a serial number, or a Dell order number. There was of course no Dell order number, either, because the monitor was bought from a retailer, not Dell. Ultimately, Dell said the warranty was the retailer's responsibility, which is patently false.

Eventually, after many hours of pleading with dilatory script-readers in India, one of them took mercy upon me and connected me to tech support, against policy, without the required number. The tech support person created an "order number" for my monitor based on the serial number, which order number allegedly I could use in the future to access warranty service and tech support. When I called back with this order number, the CSRs said it was useless to them and they need a "service tag" number. Total Catch-22.

Bottom line: if you have warranty issues with this monitor, be prepared to spend many many hours just trying to access Dell's warranty service.
55 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2013
This is one of the best monitors out in the market today. You can't go wrong with this monitor if you want to play video games, edit photos or just surf the internet. I am currently the owner of one of these monitors for the past year and have been so happy with it that I decided to purchase another. Well I read that many people had been receiving monitors revision A00 with build dates in 2013 that had a yellow tint. I believed that this yellow tint problem could be fixed by properly calibrating the monitor. It can't. Using Spyder and spending over an hour trying to calibrate this monitor I have been unsuccessful at removing or limiting the effects of this yellow tint. It is even more apparent when I compare my current u2412m Revision A03 to the new Revision A00 that I have just received. I also went to TFTcentral and downloaded their monitor color profiles for this monitor and these profiles also don't get rid of the yellow tint.

I am very disappointed, if you can makes sure when purchasing that you are going to get a monitor that is Revision A03 or better.
44 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2014
UPDATE: 07.30.2014

So I wanted to do a quick update on my review. I work for a new company now and we recently ordered 13 Dell U2412M monitors for the office. Yep that's right, 13 of them. Strangely enough all of them now say REV A01 on the back and are manufactured in 2014. They also do not have the weird yellow tint issue that I was getting on the REV A00 models that were manufactured in late 2013. My company ordered these directly from Dell. This could be a fluke or Dell might have fixed the yellow tint issue. I am still kind of scared to try to order another one for home use.

I have updated my review title.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 01.22.2014

Well my replacement U2412M came in from Dell today and guess what! It has the same yellow tint issue as well! So far I am 3 out of 3, all having the yellow tint issue. I was hopeful that this one would be better considering it said "Manufactured December 2013" while the other two said "Manufactured November 2013", but nope it didn't matter. Like I said, they must either have changed the panel they put in them at the manufacturing plant in China, or they are selling their old defective stock and relabeling them to look new.

So the one I ordered from Amazon had the yellow tint issue and the two I ordered directly from Dell. I AM DONE. I am returning this one as well and just getting my money back.

FYI: If you only have one of these hooked up then you might not notice the yellow tint as bad, but if you compare it to a close by laptop screen or other monitor that has normal colors you will notice how jacked up it is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL REVIEW

I highly recommend staying away from purchasing a Dell U2412M, mainly because all vendors including Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect and even Dell themselves are selling a version of this monitor that has a horrible yellow tint to the screen. There is nothing you can do about the yellow tint. Even the most advanced screen calibration can not make the colors right. Obviously Dell is either selling an old recalled version of this now trying to get rid of old stock, OR they are now putting a cheaper screen in these monitors.

It's such a shame because I already own one of these and use two more at work and they are perfect. I would totally give them a five star rating. But NOT the current one getting sent out to customers!

Here is a little back story. I purchased a Dell U2412M for home use back in late 2012 directly from Dell. I opened her up and it was one of the best monitors I have ever used. I mainly use it for Web Design and Development. I even recommended this monitor to others at work and my company ordered over 10 over them for everyone in my design team to use. All 10+ of the U2412M monitors were perfect and all ordered in late 2012.

Fast forward to today. I have been using dual U2412M monitors at work for over a year now and had been using a single one at home, so I decided to upgrade my home workstation to dual U2412M monitors as well. So I ordered one from Amazon (shipped and sold by Amazon) and when it arrived I noticed that it had a HORRIBLE yellow tint to the screen compared to the one I already owned and compared to all of the ones I use at my company. I checked the back and it said REV A00 and it was manufactured in November 2013. The U2412M that I have owned since 2012 which is perfect, says it was manufactured in May 2012 and is REV A03. I checked all of the ones at my company and they all say REV A03.

I did a little research and come to find out, when this monitor first released all of them said REV A00 and that revision of them got recalled for yellow tint issues.

So I ended up returning my new U2412M back to Amazon who promptly gave me a refund. I then contacted Dell and asked them what revisions number they were selling, and if it was REV A03 or higher. Dell could not give me a straight answer, but they said the REV A00 version of the U2412M was recalled and revised. They also assured me that if I ordered a U2412M directly from Dell that I would get the latest version/revision.

So like an idiot I ordered one directly from Dell and guess what? It's another REV A00 and has the horrible yellow tint issue!! I immediately called up Dell and after talking to five different people they are now sending me out a replacement. My fingers are crossed that I get a good work version this time. Maybe third time will be the charm!

Oh yeah, and it's just not Amazon and Dell that is sending out the REV A00 versions with the yellow tint issue. There are people reporting that the same thing is happening with U2412M ordered from Newegg, TigerDirect and everywhere else.

So like I said earlier, either Dell is trying to get rid of their old stock of REV A00 versions of this monitor, or they have completely changed the screen they are putting in these to a cheaper and very yellow screen.

I will update this review when I get in my third U2412M.

PROS:

-If you get a good one, it is an awesome monitor!
-16:10 aspect ratio for a full 1920x1200 resolution
-LED lit so the brightness will stay bright for a very long time
-Great colors and viewing angles
-Text looks great for writing code or documents
-Nice sturdy and adjustable stand
-Rotatable screen
-Easy to use menu
-USB 2.0 hub built-in
-Decent warranty from Dell

CONS:

-HIGH chance you will get a defective one with a yellow tint issue (If you get one this monitor is horrid)
-IPS glow/bleed when on dark screens (however this is common with IPS technology)
-No HDMI port
1212 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2014
Please note: If you average out the reviews during the most recent 15 month period the average customer review falls well bellow it's lifetime average of 4.5 stars. The monitor went through a redesign and is no longer the monitor it once was.

We just received 2 Dell UltraSharp U2412M monitors at my company (Rev A01). One has the yellow background tint problem that many reviewers have referred to and the other does not. These were purchased through a corporate supply chain contract and not through Amazon. Thus, the yellow background tint problem is not specific to Dell Monitors supplied by Amazon. We have done some side by side comparisons of older monitors versus newer ones. The older monitors that we purchased prior to mid 2013 are sufficiently bright when set at 67-77 depending on the external lighting. The newer monitors that we have recently received need to be set at 95-100 in order for the brightness to be sufficient. This is with or without the yellow background tint problem. Dell clearly changed the design specifications on this model by designing-out components and reducing the brightness in the process. The yellow background tint is most likely an unintended consequence of lowering those specifications. A relatively easy way to save money if you're a design engineer at Dell but not even close to the monitor it once was if YOU ARE A REPEAT CUSTOMER and can make side by side comparisons of old versus new. Or should I say WAS A REPEAT CUSTOMER. We are returning both of these monitors and will not be ordering any more of them. We order dozens of monitors each year and so I hope Dell takes notice. You can reduce costs thus impacting image quality. Maybe for those who don't have any of the older monitors in front of them it's not apparent. But in the case of our company we have many of the older monitors and when placed side by side with the newer ones it is very obvious that this is not even close to the monitor it once was.

NEC MultiSync EA244WMi: If you can afford an extra $100 the NEC MultiSync EA244WMi is the monitor to get. You can get it for around $365. It's got excellent contrast and instead of a matte finish like the Dell the screen has a semi-gloss finish. The semi gloss finish is more than enough to eliminate screen glare while there's less grainyness and thus a sharper picture than the Dell. You will especially notice the difference if you read a lot of text. Read the reviews on B&H photo in addition to those on Amazon. PCMag rates it the top 24" monitor for 2014. It's superior to the Dell. Additionally it's got a 3 year warranty and NEC stands behind their warranty. Many reviews have had problems getting warranty service for Dell products purchased through Amazon. You won't have that problem with NEC. Their warranty is legit and they have a good reputation for honoring it.

The ASUS PA248Q is a fine monitor if text sharpness is not as important to you. However, if you will be reading a lot of text you will find that the text on the ASUS is a bit fuzzy compared to the Dell. As previously mentioned, the best of both worlds is the NEC MultiSync EA244WMi: Sharper text, better colors, web pages are sharper. Just all around the NEC is the one to get if you don't mind paying the extra $100.
on November 16, 2011
Beautiful image set in a good, unobtrusive matte bezel. I replaced a deceased TN panel with this, it's wonderful no longer having viewing angle or a photo's location on-screen affecting brightness and contrast when I process things. The stand seems sturdy and has nice tilt, rotation and height adjustments.

Out-of-the-box default settings had the panel WAY too bright and it seemed to have a bit of a cold cast; if like me you don't have calibration equipment TFT Central makes available a color profile you can try. That plus the brightness brought down to 35 worked well enough for me and images are beautiful, without their ICC I'm not sure I could've tuned it well "by eye" (it's amazing how quickly our eyes adjust to compensate for color casts).

I'm glad they kept the 16:10 Aspect ratio instead of 16:9, 1920x1200 has lots of real estate, and the only reason I'm not giving this 5 stars is that Dell is a pain to deal with if you haven't purchased directly from them. I had to call them three times (and ignore a thread in their forum where their "liason" misinformed me) before getting an employee who would deign to entertain my questions without an order number or service tag, finally a tech rep acknowledged for me that yes, the manufacturer's 3-year warranty (from time of manufacture at rear) remains valid despite my inability to obtain an order number.
1111 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
As a long-time techie, I've had a problem with Dell since their inception. Bad service, bad products, everything you wouldn't want in a company. I've always avoided their products over the years.

So it pains me to say that these monitors are top notch. The manufacture date is Sept 2012, not some random month last year. Initial product launch was early last year, so I was hesitant of getting something that has been sitting in a warehouse for almost two years. Five stars to the seller for this.

The reviews here are what swayed me (that and Dell uses the same panels as other big names like Sony/Samsung, etc.), so I figured...the resolution is what I wanted, the price point is what I wanted, and looking at unrelated Dell products, the reviews have gotten a lot better, so I went for it.

Crisp, clear, no dead pixels, they look fine out of the box compared to my two 24" Samsungs that I've calibrated. I'll still have to go over the settings, just like any other monitor. Bezels are clean and slim. Solid construction throughout. Packed well. I bought two, and mounted them on a dual monitor stand I picked up [...] (5 stars to this product too, by the way)

These monitors are for programming, so the 8ms G2G is not a concern. No photo/video editing, no games.

_________________
Update 2/16/2013: I bought these last November, and I've had them on 24/7 (with sleep mode). Every day I look forward to working on the computer with these monitors. They are just fantastic. I'm adding a user-photo to show them installed.
review image
on January 3, 2012
Excited to get the new monitor I had it plugged in within the hour. Nicely stylish, and very sturdy I was sure I had made a good choice. I am a photographer and while on a budget I DO need something that is accurate that I can count on. This is my third IPS monitor and is replacing an excellent (expensive) 8 year old 16 X 10 24" HP that gave out. Here is how it fared.

Turning it on I LOVED the extra real estate that a 16 X 10 monitor gives the viewer. I couldn't imagine editing photos with anything less. Viewing angles are great. When sitting at a dual monitor setup you are never really lined up to be square with either monitor. The wide viewing angles offered by IPS are fantastic. Plenty of ports on the back and side for anything you are doing. I just use the DVI so I didn't test anything else. Convenient control placement.
But, I noticed (side by side) that the colors did not match my other smaller IPS monitor (LG). Not even close. The LG took a little tweaking to get it right so I began to set it up. The LG was close out of the box, in fact, all I had to do was turn down the brightness. Not so the Dell. The colors were all slightly off out of the box. First of all it comes too bright... this is common and a simple test to achieve the proper brightness is to peer at a gradient and adjust till it you see the differences between black blacks and white whites. You can accomplish this by visiting any number of sites or by using the Windows excellent "Advanced Color Management" tool in control panel. Once that was done I still had colors that were off and dull compared to what I was used to. Plugging in a Spyder 3 finally did the trick. It took the Spyder about 5 minutes and the screen colors matched (very close at least). Colors are bright and seem to be accurate. When something is printed at the lab I use it is right on so....
Here is the conclusion.
While much better than any tn monitor it still falls short of the full IPS experience that I had from my previous IPS monitor (I assume that much of this is caused by the 6 bit panel instead of 8 bit). It will have to do for now as I cannot afford the $1000 replacement cost of the previous monitor. It is sturdy and built well. Controls are well thought out and easy to navigate. Lots of connectivity. All things that add to its value.
Is it worth its price, absolutely. Does it it rate 5 stars unfortunately not.

PROS
16 X 10 Native format (lots of extra real estate from a 16 X 9)
Lots of ports- 1 DVI-D with HDCP, 1 DisplayPort 1 VGA,1 USB upstream port 4 USB downstream ports, Dell Sound bar
Budget priced for an IPS
Great wide viewing angles
Accurate colors once calibrated

CONS
Factory Settings without hardware calibration are going to be disappointing.
6 bit color not 8 bit so to achieve 8 bit color it needs to dither. (I knew this before I ordered but if you didn't...)
only standard RGB gamut not wide gamut. Even then falls a little short of the full RGB spectrum
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse