5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable - Does exactly what I need it to do
@ $519.99 I am pleased with this Desktop. I'm not a gamer or a techie - just a typical web surfing with a bit of email and word processing kind of guy. This PC handles everything I throw at it, no hiccups, no slow-downs.
Published on February 9, 2012 by homesweethome57

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Replacement for Old XP Unit
I know Microsoft is retiring XP this year so it was time to get my father into a new PC. His old one was a Dell Dimension 3000 (yes, that old) and he did fine with that so this was a natural replacement. I will tell you the unit arrived with defective memory and a hard drive with a large, bad spot on it so I had to immediately put in a replacement drive, reinstall the...
Published 23 months ago by Greg Brady

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable - Does exactly what I need it to do, February 9, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic computer, good price, March 11, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
My younger brother, TechnoMan, told me that this computer would be all I need for my basic computer needs and would not need upgrading. It has enough memory to hold what I need from my former computer and is easy to use. A very good product and a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home PC, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
One of the better home PC's I have purchased, this is the most connectable with all the card readers etc in the front where they are supposed to be. It is a fast responsive unit with the only flaw is the size of the tower. Dell has to learn that smaller is better.
An excellent value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review from person upgrading from old XP PC, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
This is a two part review. One part is regarding the system itself and how it stands on its own. The second part will be regarding those people moving from an XP based computer with IDE-Hard Drive to this modern Windows 7 with serial HD.
First, I'm impressed with many aspects of this AMD based Dell Desktop Computer. On boot up, it's so quiet I was tempted to hit the start button again. It seems as quiet as a laptop. Unlike my old desktop, this is also cool running with not much heat. The computer recognized all my components, including wireless mouse and widescreen LCD monitor without needing adjustments. The boot up was quick. The 500 Gig HD is more than enough for my needs. The sound was clean with full stereo grade frequency response and with no interrupts I used to get on my old PC. Video also sharp without pauses or hiccups. Hooking up the internet was just plugging in the DSL modem to ethernet port in back without needing adjustments in Windows 7.
Now for the issues going from an old XP based PC to Windows 7. First, if your old PC has an IDE hard drive and you wish to save register settings, bookmarks, etc. from the old to the new: Keep the old PC. DO NOT DISCARD OR DISCONNECT OR REMOVE THE OLD HARD DRIVE!! The reason is the Inspiron has a fast serial Hard Drive and no attachments for the older PATA-IDE. But, they do offer an app that allow you to move vital information such as your internet bookmarks, registry settings, etc. from your old computer to new provided the old PC still works. The app needs to be installed on both the old PC and new. My old PC was broke, but the Hard Drive was good so I thought just hook it up to new. It won't work although I was able to use an IDE-USB adapter to later transfer important files manually.
Once you get your settings transferred, you'll still need to reinstall your old programs to the new PC. So save your old CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs or remember where you got them from the internet.

Now, as for Windows 7 in comparison to XP, I like it. There are only a few differences and those are enhancements. So it should be a painless transition. What will be an aggravation are some of the commercial apps that sit on top of the OS when you boot up. But they are easy to remove from the control panel if you don't like them. There is also a taskbar ribbon named Dell Stage that allows all your media to be linked. But that too seemed unnecessary, so I removed that.
I also removed the default anti-virus program because it constantly had a nag screen for you to register and buy. I replaced that with the free version of Avast!

So for people moving from an old XP PC to this new faster, quieter Dell system, be prepared for some work, but the results will be worth it.
After the effort, I now have a desktop PC that runs much faster, quieter and better than my old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
This is my first computer that I have bought and is only for my personal use. It is a quite fast computer and has very good graphics. Very easy to set up. Does NOT come with a wireless card though. I'm using ethernet right now; I don't really mind. Otherwise, this is a very awesome computer!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
Does everything I need and much faster than the nearly 10 year old computer it replaced. Wish it had Outlook Express for e-mail instead of Windows Live Mail. They are similar but there are features Outlook Express has that are not available or, in some cases, not as convenient as in Outlook Express.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great computer, December 23, 2012
M.A.R. (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
I'd had my Dell Pentium 3 since 1999 & it was so slow, but I remained loyal to it. Finally hubby said it was time, so the computer search started. All I want is something to surf the net, download pictures & music & play games. This computer had all the space I would need & was a great price, half of what I paid for my older computer so long ago. It starts up very fast, which is great & it does everything I need it to. I like the memory card slots in the front also, makes things easier. My only regret is that I didn't get rid of the old computer sooner & get a newer one.

5.0 out of 5 stars dell i570, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
awesome comp great packaging dam fast awesome apperance very pleased ecelent price lots of storage plenty of usb and hdmi

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, December 7, 2013
John Schulz (GLENDALE, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
Great computer!!! using it right now to write this review, Delivery was good, CPU fast enough for my uses, reliable so far, and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i570-9114BK Desktop (Personal Computers)
amazing desktop it really gets the job done had it for quite sometime until i can upgrade and im satistied plus it has hdmi amazing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›