Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on January 21, 2012
Purchased this grill just after Xmas 2011. Used it for the first time last night and could not be more thrilled!! Marinated some chicken breasts in pineapple teriyaki overnight and just threw them on. They were absolutely delicious and everyone raved about them! Beautiful grill marks and carmelization of the marinade.

Manual says to pre-heat on high for 10 mins but my experience is that the pre-heat light goes off after about 6. Food does not stick at all (pre-oiled with (olive) oil as suggested in the manual) and cleanup was a breeze, even with a sticky marinade. Cleaned the grill and then cooked zucchini slices marinaded in balsamic and olive oil. Also delicious, and no transfer of teriyaki flavor from the chicken.

My oven, stove and bbq are going to be getting far less use. Seriously, one of the best appliances I have purchased ever. STRONGLY recommend.
review image
0Comment|141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2003
I got this grill about a week ago and I love it. First of all the cooking area is BIG.. and wonderful so that you can really cook. I also love how you can adjust the heat setting depending on what you are cooking instead of like my former George where it was 1 temp was supposed to cook all ( which burnt the outside of thick pieces of meat and chicken breast and left the inside way underdone)I also love how the fat drips down immediatly into the tray. On my George ( a big one) the fat would come sort of off one burger and then run into the other burger and stay there without ever going into the tray thing. Clean up is alot easier than George because I can stick all of it except the temp control into the sink or dishwasher to wash. I also like the lid that keeps the food from drying out while cooking and warm before it is served. I will admit it is not as fast as George but honestly the quality of food I cook is so much better b/c it has been cooked right and not just fast. This grill IMO is much more similar to cooking on an outside grill and the taste is better for it. I highly reccomed this product over it's competition, there is no comparrison! Move over George, YOU GO GRILL!
88 comments|349 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2006
I am very satisfied with this grill; I have also given it as a gift to a relative who also loves it and uses it frequently.

Some of the problems described here (not hot enough, etc.), in my opinion, stem from improper use. Like any grill, you have to let it warm up, before plopping quarter pound hamburgers on it. My daughter over-cooked chicken breasts on it(they looked great (grill lines, etc.) but they were dry)--so the comments here about the heating element not working are simply not true.

I love the glass top that contains spattering; I also line the bottom of the grill (when cooking) with aluminum foil to make clean up easier. The grill itself is something of a pain to clean, but I put mine in the dishwasher and it comes out great.

This grill performs very well, but you have to allow sufficient time for the heating element to get the grill hot and choose the correct heat settings in connection with what you are cooking--not exactly rocket science, but judging from the reviews here, some people obviously find this challenging.
44 comments|366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2006
I have had my grill for a week, we've cooked lean steaks on it, pork chops, and the other night we cooked hamburgers on it. This is my first indoor grill so when one review mentioned the "George Foreman" grill was a bit faster, I was amazed I thought the Delonghi cooked pretty fast!! Clean up was really easy and one MUST remember to preheat it. I gather some have not. And as to smoking I haven't had any but then I buy lean meats and put water in the bottom if I think the food will drip a lot of fat. Fat dripping into the large tray in the bottom is what burns and causes the smoke. I've only used water once, with the hamburgers (no smoking). This really is a great grill and large enough to be more than satisfying (actual cooking space is 15"x11"). Ease and comfort of use is amazing. I highly recommend it!
0Comment|216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2010
I just received this item today. It is fabulous. I made boneless chicken breasts with a marinade consisting of 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup dijon, 1/4 cup melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon of curry. I followed the directions to use the grill explicitly. I coated the grill very lightly with olive oil. I put some water in the tray and there was no smoke at all. I turned the heat up to 5 (the highest setting) for 10 minutes to preheat and kept the grill covered while it was heating. I poked holes in the chicken and basted them with the marinade. I put the chicken on the grill setting high for 3 minutes on each side, uncovered. Every time I turned the chicken I basted with more marinade. The chicken seared beautifully with grill markings on both sides. After 6 minutes on high, I lowered the grill to between 3 and 4, basted again, and covered for 6 minutes. I then flipped the chicken again, basted and cooked for another 6 minutes. They came out so delicious, juicy, moist - it was amazing. Chicken like this usually comes out dry but this was juicy and tender and the marinade which was a recipe I got from the internet was terrific. My kids both enjoyed it. Both are VERY picky eaters. I read all the reviews on this site and agonized over this purchase worrying about what was said in the negative reviews. I am not a cook at all. I am just learning but I followed the directions and I cannot reproduce ANY of the negative experiences stated here. It was also easy to clean. I followed someone's advice that said to place wet paper towels on the grill and then wipe it down with the paper towels. Just like that reviewer, my grill came out perfectly clean, as if it had come right out of the box. I hope this review helps someone. I may never grill outdoors again - this was so easy and quick and was such a great experience. I would give it 10 stars if I could.
11 comment|256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
I decided to purchase this indoor grill as I have totally changed my diet and wanted to grill chicken and fish now...but my past experience with charcoal and gas grills wasn't so wonderful (I may or may not have almost burned down the apartment complex when using the gas grill once). When I found out indoor grills that WEREN'T a George Foreman existed I was so excited. I am especially happy to have come across this grill in particular as it had everything I want. A removable grill plate and drip pan as well as a removable temperature control and a glass lid. Even better? IT WORKS PERFECTLY! Not only were my veggies and meats left with those beautiful grill marks, but the meat was cooked perfectly and tasted great, unlike when I'd use my G.F. and the meat would almost seem rubbery. I am honestly so thankful to have this at the apartment now and will probably be using it almost every night. I do cover the drip pan with foil for even easier clean up, but since the drip pan is removable if you decide not to use foil I'm sure it would be so quick and easy to clean it out. The grill plate is also very easy to clean, but maybe not quite as easy as I'd like...I find myself having to take a damp paper towel in between the little slots to get grease/juice/marinade out that didn't come out while rinsing and gently scrubbing. I would DEFINITELY recommend this grill for anyone who is looking for a healthy way to cook foods and aren't outdoor grill experts. This is also PERFECT for those who do love to grill outdoors, but can't due to weather.
on January 19, 2005
I am a big fan of grilled food, especially steak. I live in a small apartment in NYC so grilling on a gas grill is not an option. I have had a good experience w/ this company's previous indoor grill so I gave this one a shot.

Unlike some of the negative reviews I found that this grill heats up very quickly and is very hot. I cook my stakes Medium-Well like 6 minutes on each side and thats a wrap. To be honest I never use the glass cover, but it is nice to have.

One great thing about this grill is that the surface is indented. That means less grease flying off the grill and onto your counter top. It cleans as easily as can be expected. You just have to be careful not to scrath the cooking surface while cleaning it.

All in all this is a great product and I highly reccomend it!
on January 15, 2015
This grill worked really well, but after about four or five uses, the plastic housing around the plug shattered when I went to wipe down the grill with a damp paper towel (and I did wait until the grill cooled off, to avoid something like this due to a drastic change in temperature). While this should theoretically not affect the function of the grill, it was certainly disappointing. At this point, I think the grill will still get the job done, but I will have to be extra careful when plugging and unplugging it.
on March 10, 2015
This grill is a perfect indoor grill. I love grilling outdoors, but I can't at my apartment complex. This is the next best thing. So far, I've used it to sear and grill pork chops and chicken breasts. If you use the manual included, meats come out nice and juicy. Cleanup also isn't bad but it can get messy. I would recommend this grill to everyone.
review image review image
on December 31, 2006
I've had this grill for about 2 years now but I've only used it about four times. After using it the last time I noticed blistering of the grill non-stick coating (Teflon?). I was able to scratch this off in a few places with my fingernail to verify if the coating was blistering or if these spots were just imperfections underneath. I wasn't pleasantly surprised to find that the blistering came off easily and that this could be in my food the next time I use it (healthy grilling!). I had many flects of coating on the table after running my fingernail over the blisters exposing the bare metal of the grill.

I therefore cannot recommend this product to anyone. By the way, I've only used a soapy sponge to clean the grill and never used metalic utensils on in while cooking. The "blistering" of the teflon tells me that the metal of the grill was not primed correctly before the coating was applied. Has this happened to anyone else? Before I throw this grill away I'm going to try to contact the manufacturer and see if they can replace the grill element seeing how this looks like a manufacturing defect.
77 comments|178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse