Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on June 25, 2011
I am mainly writing this review to balance out some of the inaccurate statements made by other reviewers here.

First of all, you don't need a magnifying glass to enjoy this model. It is much bigger than a 'matchbox' car, although they do make much bigger BTTF models, this Delorean is about seven inches long (as stated in the product description). The detailing for a model of this size is decent.

Second, this model does not light up or make sounds (as one reviewer claimed). There is a larger BTTFII model that does these things, but this is not that model!

My only complaints about this model are as follows:

First, the Mr. Fusion component comes as an attachment (it is such a tiny piece and it never 'came off' in the movie, so I'm not sure why they would include it as an attachment and not just make it a permanent part of the car... I think the reason is based on the fact that the BTTFI model came with a detachable lightning rod; which made perfect sense because the lightning rod was an attachment in the film. I suppose the manufacturers just wanted to continue that tradition of having an attachment).

Second, the stupid license plate says "OUTATIME". This is what the license plate said in BTTF Part I, and even then it only said it until the first time we ever saw the Delorean travel through time (remember it spinning on the ground after Einstein went forward one minute through time?). In BTTF Part II, Doc gets a license plate from the future and its a barcode plate! They really missed the boat on this detail and its disapointing!

Many people complain that the wheels don't turn down on this model; that is a valid complaint, but it doesn't really bother me personally. I just accept it as a consequence of the size of this model. If you want the wheels to go down, you'll have to get the bigger model.
0Comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2012
The model is relatively accurate and enjoyable but has a few limitations.
Mr Fusion loading area is taped to the bottom of the box scene inside the box and must be installed.
1/24th scale is around 7 inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide

My kids have seen most of Back to the Future 1 and 3... I think 2 is too dark for a 4 1/2 and 7 1/2 year old. Fast forward through a few racy or violent parts and they love it. Needless to say they wanted a toy DeLorean after seeing the movie. We also have the Part III car.

PROS:
Gullwing doors open and close.
Detail is very accurate for the non super critical fan.
Axles are fixed with steering leading to less chance of breaking(also con)

CONS: (with a 4 1/2 year old playing with it I expect damage)
The Bonnet and Trunk do not open.
Fixed front axle so no steering.
Driver side Rear view Mirror was knocked off coming out of the box. Easily reinstalled with a small dot of glue.
Mr fusion broken off and re-glued twice.
Silver thing sticking up above the roof broken off and MIA.
on May 3, 2013
Bought this for my brother for his birthday, he's planning on putting it on his desk at work. Its got all the features you'd hope for in a replica; flux capacitor, Mr. Fusion, etc. My only problem is that it was hard to give away because I liked it so much.
on May 15, 2013
It has good details and seems sturdy. Not cheap plastic or anything like that. Son enjoys as a toy, but expect this to be display only. For geekie adults, like myself.
on January 6, 2015
This is a great little model of the Delorean. As many reviewers have noted it's not 100% accurate to the movie it's from but that doesn't take anything away for me, it looks very cool on my bookshelf!
review image review image
on December 27, 2015
I wasn't expecting perfection in quality at this price. But I was expecting a few key details.

Pros:
* Good shelf display size.
* Doors fold up. Though each may have their own issues. My driver side won't stay up.
* Solid feeling construction for this price level.

Cons:
* Wrong license plate. It is just a sticker, so there is no reason why it should be wrong. It should be a barcode, but it's the OUTATIME plate.
* Wheels don't fold to hover mode. Even at this price point it would be easy and cost effective to have hinged rolling wheels. I would rather have had them permanently in hover mode if they can't be hinged.
* Flux capacitor is impossible to see. Not only it is solid grey with zero paint, it is too far back. It should be right between the seats about flush with the seats. But it's way behind the seats. Even a sticker or painted Y in white would have helped make it visible.
* Windows do not have plastic in them. Which doesn't really bother me. But they also do not have the DeLorean mini-window pane. Which is an iconic detail of the car.

Other details are sufficient. While I don't know of a better model at this price range, it is certainly not perfect. Displaying it in hover mode with the barcode plate would be a great way to present the BTTF2 car and this fails at both.
on November 17, 2010
My eight year old loves this toy and I am very impressed with the quality and will probably buy a second as a Christmas present.
on February 21, 2013
my cousin got me this model car for my brirthday and me being a huge back to the future fan i never owned the car before so i love this little car...any fan should have one of these in their collection at their home or office...its not the best car out there but its def nice to have especially if you a fan like myself...plus is not that expensive..i your looking for something more detailed or that lights up or something look elsewhere and be ready to spend 100 bucks for that one but for those looking to not spend so much and still have a delorean in their home(atleast untill we can afford the one that lights up or the real delorean) then this is the right car for you..also good for kids over 5..
on November 21, 2015
Can't give it five stars. Small middle component on the bar that stretches across the top (just behind the doors), it was lopsided. I had to remove it and then glue it on straight and hope it'd stay put. Also, the Mr. Fusion on the rear is FLAT, not round. I mean, would it have cost that much to make the thing the correct shape? They've got the rest of the car in its correct dimensions! Still, nice to look at the thing and see the doors open. Nice reminder of the films. Finally got one, and glad I did, but just be aware mine was made with a few serious flaws, and yours likely will be too.
on May 9, 2013
FANTASTIC. Exactly what I wanted! This looks great on my desk at work, and my cube-mate actually asked if I would put it on the cubicle wall so we can share it.

Only 2 Cons:
As other reviewers have mentioned, the Mr. Fusion attachment comes unassembled and you have to "plug" it in...and afterward it is a bit loose.
The license plate says "OUTATIME" instead of having the more accurate reflective barcode, but it's more iconic this way.