Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 14, 2013
Bought this trolly to replace my old 2-wheeled fabric roller board to reduce the strain of pulling it and carrying it down the airplane aisle. Just got back from a business trip with the Delsey and am very pleased. It rolls easily in the terminal and plane. It holds a lot of clothes without looking bulky as many of the fabric ones can be when stuffed (which gets attention from carry-on size checkers). You can expand it if more capacity is needed.
I had some reservations before buying due to a review that indicated that it was not well suited (no pun intended) for living out of while at the hotel because of its book-like design. I was happy to see that it fit easily on the suitcase stands in hotel rooms when opened flat. You just have to place it on the stand like a book instead like a ....coffin I suppose.
The downside is that there is no external pocket to hold misc items such as receipts and spare change. I put those in my messenger bag now instead (which is usually sitting on the suitcase anyway). Oh, as it's plastic it will show scratches more, but I don't mind wear and tear showing...it just looks well traveled.
I have the same case in 29-in and in blue. For this carry-on size, I thought the Titanium looked better. Wished they made this in black for comparison.
Also bought the Samsonite Luggage Hyperspace Spinner 21.5 but returned it due to liking this Delsey better (looks better, looks bigger, and holds more without looking bulky).
Hope this helps someone.
11 comment| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
We purchased the Delsey Hilium Aero 29" Spinner Trolley first and then followed that purchase with this Carry-On Model. This luggage has all the right specifications and features to give you years of travel use. The hardshell is Polycarbonate so it is attractive but more importantly very durable and yet light weight. Each Luggage piece is Expandable so if you end up bringing home more than you left with you are all set. The TSA approved contemporary zipper lock is much better than having to mess with various purchased after market locks. The wheels glide effortlessly and the spinner design gives you a lot more options as to how to pull or push it along vs. the older two-wheel designs. The inside of this luggage is well appointed with various zippered covers and a pockets. The lift handles are quite comfortable and spring back flat against the hardshell case when you aren't using them. I have travelled with a Tumi 20" Carry-on for years, and this Carry-On is lighter, but actually holds more even when not expanded. We looked at way too many luggage choices and are very happy that we chose the Delsey Hilium Aero models.
66 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
Since buying this luggage, it has been on 4 international flight segments, multiple trains in Europe, and has fallen down a long flight of ancient stone steps. It has held up extremely well with no damage - just scuffed up a bit. The luggage is sturdy. This piece expands by 2 inches. For a 4 week trip in Europe, and doing some smart packing, I only took this carry-on. I am extremely pleased with this bag.
11 comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
Wife loved it. She used it as a carry on about 5 times without issue than she checked her luggage. After one trip through baggage handling the shell cracked. It must have either been thrown or had a bunch of weight on it but starting from the side handle a 8 inch crack to the corner. Now the fun part we only owned the case for 9 months and it has a 2 year warranty so i figure id try to contact the company. I wrote a nice e-mail through their contact us tab because there is no phone # to contact them I haven't heard back. Apparently as per their website if you don't register the suitcase they wont even speak to you. To make a long story short and confirmed by the airline this suitcase is not strong enough to be used as checked luggage
88 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
From American Airlines website:
"You can bring one small carry-on bag plus one personal item per passenger as long as the carry-on bag fits comfortably in the sizer without being forced and does not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length + width + height).

The maximum dimensions cannot exceed any of the following measurements: 22" long x 14" wide x 9" tall or 115cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm)."

United article:
Amazon removed the link, but you can Google. "Carry-on crackdown: United enforces bag size limit"

It is all about the airlines finding a way to make more money by not allowing you to carry on the bag you have been carrying and forcing you to check it. That...or buy a new one.

This bag does not fit those new limits...
33 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
We have only used this luggage on one trip /4 flights. So far we really like it. We bought both the 25 and 21 inch. Both hold a lot of stuff and if it is overstuffed can be expanded. The compartments hold a lot and use straps on one side to hold clothing in place and a zippered compartment on the other side for loose items. It rolls really easily, is surprisingly light weight . The 21 fits into an overhead compartment. The 25 is for checked in baggage and help up to the handlers loading. except for some scratches it seems fine. Also this has the new TSA lock so you can lock your luggage securely. I have some more trips coming up and will follow up with more once these have more miles on them. i gave it 5 stars because it did everything we wanted . Hope this review is helpful

update; aside from a few scratches from the rough handling at the airports, the luggage still looks and works great.
33 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2015
I love this suitcase. I've taken it on several trips and have not had any issues getting it into the overhead compartments on several United and Virgin America planes. No issues at all. Smooth wheels and great handling. Robust construction and great aesthetics. I love the TSA lock features, VERY easy to set (not sure why other people have issues, it's pretty clear). Love the handle and the tough zippers. I LOVE that they made the "expansion" zipper red, so I don't accidentally pull it when I try to open the case. I feel like a superstar walking the terminal with this thing. My ONLY issue goes with THIS TYPE of suitcase (four small wheels)...it can be loud on pavement (not concrete). But that goes with ALL suitcases in this class/design. As expected smaller wheels handle differently. IN the terminal OR on smooth concrete...this is a FANTASTIC suitcase. Going down the aisle on the plane has NEVER BEEN EASIER!!!! I love it!

If you found this review helpful, please click below! Thanks!

UPDATE: I've had this suitcase for several months now and I like it even more than the first week. Yes, it can be a bit loud on rough surfaces. BUT I have noticed an advantage...it helps signal people in front of me that I am coming. :-) So a lot of times people will hear it and move over. Great when I'm in a hurry to get to the airport. It has gotten some light scuffs, but nothing too bad. The smoothe surface is great for cleaning and I've used Goo-Gone to get a valet sticker off. I have not yet checked it. It has fit in EVERY compartment I have flown with so far...Virgin America, United, and JetBlue.
on June 19, 2013
I read the reviews before I bought it and except for one they were all positive. I was excited when I got home today and it was on my porch! I really love the use of interior pockets to maximize the available space, the four separate wheels that can move independently, the hard shell and TSA approved locks. As I said I was a little concerned b.c of the other rogue review but after pulling out my tape measure to verify size: 10 x 20.5 x 14.5 inches which equates to 45 linear inches (the exact maximum allowed for carry-on luggage) I am greatly pleased! I bought this so that I could use it for my big trip to Europe this fall and I feel like it will be perfect!
on January 7, 2015
I recently purchased four sets of luggage for our family - two of Delsey Helium Aero and two of Delsey Helium Titanium. First of all let me say that we are very, very happy with our purchase. The Delsey luggage is very lightweight and of very high quality. The wheels, zippers, locks, and almost everything else work wonderfully. My only complaint is that while the non-retractable handles feel great they sit flush against the case and are a bit stiff when you try to pull them out to carry the bag. Our hope/expectation is that they will loosen up over time.

If you are considering getting the set - 29", 25", and (20") Carry On Spinner - they DO nest for storage.

The Aero is more refined - my wife likes it better. The finish is glossy, the zipper handles are rubberized, and the interior fabric is more cloth-like. The Titanium has a textured finish, the zippers are all metal, and the fabric is more nylon-y.

The Aero's locks are more finicky requiring two hands to lock and have smaller, harder to read number wheels. On the Titanium the zippers click easily into the lock and the lock has more standard, larger number wheels. The retractable handle slides in and out more smoothly on the Aero but also wobbles back and forth more when fully extended. But this is only really noticeable on the Carry On - we extended the handle one click on the 29" on two clicks on the 25".

When travelling the Aero shows dust immediately and the Titanium hides it better...which can be a plus or minus depending on your point of view. Also, scratches show more on the Aero and the stickers that hotels and others have taken to using are harder to get off the Aero's smooth finish (but do come off with a bit of elbow grease and goo-gone).

All in all it's been a long time since I've bought luggage so there was a good bit of 'sticker shock' when I made the purchase. But we have been really pleased thus far. And lastly, an unforeseen benefit our purchase was the recognition value. On a recent cruise two of our bags were misplaced and I had to contact the purser to track them down. He asked for a detailed description of the bags and I said their color, that they were hard-sided, they were Delsey, they were...and he cut me off and said, 'Oh...Delsey. hard-sided, red and silver, I'm on it...' They were found more or less immediately.
44 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2014
Let me start by saying this is a great piece of luggage. It looks nice (though has gotten scratched up through use - I take about 100 flights/year), and is very functional. I like that each half when opened operates as a separate compartment, which makes it easier to pack efficiently. Other reviews have done a nice job covering the pros and cons, but there are a couple things worth calling out so purchasers know what they're getting:
(1) there are no outside pockets, which makes sense given the design, except if you need to have easy access to liquids for airport security then this isn't the bag for you.
(2) there's nowhere on the outside to put a business card or other identifying information. You can always attach a separate business card holder or similar.

Overall, still a great bag.