We do not travel by plane much and use this luggage for camping/ overnight hotel trips. We love it for both of these situations.

The bag is very lightweight on its own (only about 7 lbs) There are many different pockets and I love that you have the optional expander for heavy packing (or souvenirs as the tags state)

The spinner caster wheels are...
Published 2 months ago by Mom22boys

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a true carry-on
Just FYI, the manufacturer's measurements does not include the wheels. Sadly, the wheels put it over many airlines max size for a carry-on. It is a great little suitcase, but as I purchased it for a carry-on, I will be returning it.
Published 8 months ago by Darla McDowell

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a true carry-on, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Delsey Luggage Helium Sky Carry-On EXP Spinner Suiter Trolley (Accessory)

1.0 out of 5 stars Sub-par product, no warranty support, apathetic customer service, January 24, 2014
After 9 months of decent usage (maybe 5 or 10 trips), the rubber coating on one of the wheels started coming off. This meant that it would no longer roll straight. Like a supermarket cart with a funky wheel, the bag is constantly trying to get away from me. The warranty is supposed to be for 18 months. 3 emails to the customer service later, they stated they would replace the item. 2 months later, trying to figure out what the delay was, I get nothing back. At this point the luggage is as useless as the company's customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for car / camping expiditions - Review the carry on guidelines for air travel, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The spinner caster wheels are fantastic. You can pull the bag behind you easily or roll it beside you and spin for easy conversion of either. We have not experienced trouble with ours yet. I will update my review if we do.

I based my star rating on how we use the bag.

However, if you are planning on using this luggage as carry on baggage review your airlines guidelines prior to boarding.

The measurements of this bag are as follows:
Height: 23" (including the wheels with the handle completely down) around 22" not including wheels
Depth: 9 1/2" (without the 2" expander packing space)
Width: 14"

I believe this exceeds most airlines (if not all) carry on measurements. I don't know (since I don't fly much) if you have "wiggle room" and can "get away" with having a slightly bigger bag or not. If not, you may not want to purchase this as a carry on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bag for Some Travel, June 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pretty suitcase with a handy adjustable handle when using its any-directional wheels. The padded carrying handles are conveniently placed and nicely recessed so they won't catch on things. There is even a convenient grabber on wheeled bottom/side and a reinforced kick plate for that spot you kick when positioning the bag to roll. The interior had sufficient pockets and strap-downs to keep your items in good order, and, there is a zippered 2-inch expander to allow for a bit more stuffing of items if you tend to overpack, which I do.

However, there is a big caveat to this bag! It is 23" tall including the wheels. If you travel via Airtran, Alaska Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Jetblue Airways, Southwest Airlines, or Virgin America, you can currently use this bag as a carry-on bag. If that is your intended use, then check with the airlines you fly to be sure it will work for you. According to my research online it is over the size restrictions for the other major carriers.

Other than the over-sized for some airlines issue, this is a great little suitcase. For any travel by any other mode of transportation, it is a dandy. For tossing in the trunk of the car and taking off for the weekend, it is perfect. It would be a good bag for the college student to use when visiting home for the holidays or that quick trip to the beach.

The only other caution I have about this suitcase, and one which applies to any soft-sided suitcase is it is very zipper dependent. If the zippers go, the suitcase would be useless, and suitcase zippers are very expensive to have replaced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Take A Trip, July 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the color of the suitcase as it is very easy to spot. When my family recently went away for a four day trip we could just toss it into the the trunk and go. What is great is the amount of space it has so we did not need to take any additional luggage which was a great relief. The extra pockets make it perfect to store things you want to get to immediately or are afraid you might not find as they get lost in some suitcases. This Delsey luggage has a fully lined interior with adjustable straps that tie down and the pockets are zippered.

The handles which are padded are recessed so this makes it easy to just pick it up and put it in the trunk and not worry about it catching on to something. The suitcase is lightweight and durable and just wants to be used more often then you might need to use it so start planning a short get away to try it out. I like the ten year warranty and would recommend it highly

5.0 out of 5 stars Delsey Luggage Helium Sky Carry-on EXP Spinner Suiter Trolley, Blue, One ....., June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of the finest carry-on luggage that I have ever seen. I was amazed at all the great features. It is easy to use with all kinds of pockets, hardware and room in such an average-sized carry-on.
Not only very useful for travel carry-on, I use it to carry books and other things for travelling around my city.
It is very useful for college students. I use this in the grocery store to carry products to my car. I can roll it to the inside of my house/apt. to put my groceries up. No more those darn grocery store bags. This is also great for the environment because the plastic grocery store bags are damaging our environment.
This bag is lightweight, durable, carry-on friendly and has large carrying capacity. If you have any medical equipment to tote around or a CPAP, this is for you. The fabric is not only strong, it is very durable and the adjustable handle is so easy to use. You will love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size luggage, June 27, 2014
Vivian Deliz (Stone Ridge, VA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had been looking for luggage that would be lightweight yet sturdy for travel. I also wanted 4 wheels for ease of maneuverability. The luggage weights less than 7 pounds empty which met my criteria. It also had the 4 wheels. It has 3 outside pockets for storage. The luggage is 21 inches with 2 inches for the wheels. This is the part that might or might not work as a carry-on. Depending on the airline it will include the wheels in the measurement.

The depth of the luggage is 11 1/2 with the 2" expander, which fits into most overhead bins. It also has more compartment on the inside and straps to hold your clothes in place.

Overall, this luggage seems to be fine for travel. I also liked the bright blue color (as most of the bags now a day are black), easy to spot in the carousel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel Made Easier..., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this bright, lovely blue carry-on luggage! It is lightweight, has more compartments than some luggage. The straps offer secure packing of clothes and personal items. It comes with a ten year warranty. It can expand two extra inches if needed. The pull handle has an ergonomic comfort grip which I can appreciate when on the go or in a busy airport. Also the easy roll spinner wheels makes tooling thru an airport or getting from car to hotel/house very easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to take this one on a trip!, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Upon unpacking this suitcase, I immediately wanted to fill it up and go somewhere and I didn't care where. I love it. Someone who travels had to have designed it. It is lightweight which means it won't feel as heavy when packed. It has two handles for either carrying it vertically or horizontally. It has a telescoping handle with two locking positions depending on how you want to roll the suitcase. It can go any which direction with no trouble. It has plenty of pockets, one on the front would be perfect for slipping your boarding pass inside assuming you don't carry a purse big enough to hold it. It has several zipper pockets on the outside including one that when you unzip it allows that particular pocket to expand an extra 2 inches. The inside of the suitcase has more pockets, straps to hold your clothing in place, some of the pockets made with mesh and others with extra fabric so they can expand easily. All in all a very efficient suitcase for traveling.I have a rolling suitcase that I have had for years, but this one I think would work much better than my old one. Now if someone would just send me a ticket to travel somewhere I'll be set to go!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you travel by car, it is just fine, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband and I rarely fly so this review is not really concerned with airline travel. We tend to go everywhere in our car. We had purchased a much larger, similar bag for me because I tend to pack a lot. My husband, however, is a very light packer and so I thought this would be ideal for him. Plus he loves blue. Even if we did fly, I need to check my luggage anyway as I don't pack light.

So this luggage is indeed just fine for a car traveler. This kind of use also does not stress luggage the way that airline travel does. No one is throwing the bag around on carousels and onto airplanes. So nothing on this bag has failed yet either. One reviewer here has had a lot fail and is very angry at customer service for the manufacturer. That reviewer does fly, however.

My husband is entirely satisfied with this luggage and I got it for him, the light packer who sometimes does buy a lot of souvenirs so needs the expandable feature.

Visit my blog with link given on my profile page here or use this phonetically given URL (livingasseniors dot blogspot dot com). Friday's entry will always be weekend entertainment recs from my 5 star Amazon reviews in film, tv, books and music. These are very heavy on buried treasures and hidden gems. My blogspot is published on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.

Delsey Luggage Helium Sky Carry-On EXP Spinner Suiter Trolley