5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good
Published on April 9, 2012 by cali563

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept but...
Published on May 31, 2012 by T. Bates

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Concept but..., May 31, 2012
This review is from: Delsey Luggage Helium Colours Lightweight Hardside 4 Wheel Spinner (Accessory)
I purchased this luggage for my wife based on her need for a hardsided spinner to replace an old 2 wheel soft sided Samsonite. The plastic cracked near the hinge the first time she opened the case. Additionally, the overall design of the luggage is difficult. For example, the case opens from top to bottom with the hinge near the wheels. This configuration does not allow the suitcase to open and lay flat on a bed, thus, as you are packing the suitcase rocks back and forth at a strange angle placing a lot of strain on the hinge (I believe the reason for the crack near the hinge). Additionally, while the design of a no-zipper bag with locking clips seems nice, in reality the case rarely lines up and my wife always has me do the locks because she cannot get the top and bottom halves of the case to align correctly (the secret is to check near the hinge for overlapping plastic that prevents the case from closing, much like a pizza box lid). While my wife loved the bright pink coloration, she hated that the inside (which is not pictured in the photos) lacks any organizational pockets, mesh, or flaps like many other spinners, instead having only 2 bands which can hold clothes into the pockets. While the plastic to me felt cheap, it was very light and the spinning wheels were effective. Additionally, the handle locks in several positions which allowed for easy transportation. Overall, while it serves its purpose, it is not very utilitarian and whenever we have to use it (about once per week as we travel often) my wife expresses a desire to throw it out).

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, April 9, 2012
I've just recently purchased this luggage and so far things are looking good. I've used it for two trips where I had two flights each trip. The planes ranged from a 777 to a regional puddle jumper. The luggage seems to be holding up well. There are no dents but of course there are a few scuff marks. The wheels are still working just like new and I've wheeled the luggage on a variety of surfaces including rough pavement and bricks. The color, I have the green one, stands out nicely. The TSA had no trouble opening the lock and inspecting the bag. The latches seems to work well. I've loaded the bag to about 30 or 35 pounds each trip and there was a little room to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Travel Case, December 9, 2012
Nice and light, with easy lock and latches. Good protection with it's hard outer shell. Wheels easily on 2 or 4 wheels.
This case will actually secure your items, as it has NO ZIPPER which can easily be unzipped by anyone with a ball point pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come Fly with Me, May 31, 2013
Just like the description,lightweight,easily maneuverable. The color screams "here I am !",as it comes through the luggage carousel. Size adequate for my travels. Holds a fair amount without cramming.Latches for closing-3- easy to use. Some battle scars from baggage handlers,black marks, a few scrapes. Most came off with gentle scrubbing. No dents,thankfully. Excellent price for the value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great traveling luggage, July 26, 2013
I purchased two of these bags for an European vacation. I just ordered another one when I returned. The size is perfect for the weight requirements by the airlines. It is solid and can be packed full and not exceed the weights. I don't like paying the overage fees. Easy to handle and held up to 3 weeks of abuse by planes, trains and automobiles.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken in Arrival, April 1, 2014
There was a crack in it before I even got to use it ok my first trip. Was disappointed! Sending it back ASAP!

5.0 out of 5 stars Prciey, but stands out!, January 19, 2014
I traveled to India with this luggage on a total of six planes. My newly-wed brother liked it so much that he then traveled with it on four more flights. That makes it 10 flights soon after my purchase, and it looks new as ever. Best part is it is easy to spot on conveyor belt. It's hard case is not as hard as on my 10-year old American Tourister luggage but it is much superior than the very cheap ones that seem to be out there a lot nowadays. Another good part about it is TSA lock. So, you don't have to keep it unlocked like have to do with my American Touristers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 24, 2013
I bought these because I needed a piece of luggage to take me to Europe for two weeks. It fit everything well and was not super heavy. The only wish I have is that there was a way to zip in all of my stuff on one side. The straps are nice, but if you roll your clothes (like I do), they fall out when you try to close it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really satisfied with this product, July 11, 2013
I found this bag to be smaller (less capacity) than other 26" bags I have. The lock is cumbersome, I find the zipper to be simpler. It is simply inferior to other Delsey luggage that I have purchased before

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy just because it's a pretty color, March 31, 2014
I went on one air flight and it came home with it's first crack. I like the color and lightness. The spinning wheels are good. It is missing on the durability factor. It only has one strap on each side to hold your clothes in place. So, not good for air travel! I won't be buying this brand again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›