Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Delsey Luggage Helium Aero Expandable Spinner Trolley (29")
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 4, 2012
We reviewed so many luggage pieces that we were literally thrilled to have decided on this Delsey 29" Lightweight Hardside Spinner. It is the perfect choice for a checked bag in that it is lightweight yet is one inch shy of the maximum size allowable without having to pay "Oversized" charges by the airlines. This 29" Spinner is exactly 61" Total (1" smaller than the Max Standard). 29" x 19.5" x 12.5" This luggage is gorgeous and has a 10 Yr. limited warranty from the manufacturer. The wheels glide easily and the pull handle is very durable. The inside is well appointed with a full zippered cover piece on one side and a lock-strap on the other. There is also a zippered pocket inside for smaller items. The bag can expand 2" more if you happen to pick up too many bargains while traveling. The lift handles on the top and the side are also very well made and close flat against the suitcase when you are not using them. The hardside shell is polycarbonate, exactly what the doctor ordered for lightweight durability. We just ordered the smaller carry-on bag to match. Ours is the Brick Red which is actually more like the Toyota Mini-Van color, not a fire engine red. Love the TSA approved security locks, the kind where you just push a lever and snap the ends of the two zippers into the lock. We have done a number of cruise ship vacations and the 29" is perfect for carrying all you will need, yet fitting under the cabin bed for storage while cruising.
88 comments|382 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
We have only used this luggage on one trip /4 flights. So far we really like it. We bought both the 29 and 25 inch. Both hold a lot of stuff and if it is overstuffed can be expanded. The compartments hold a lot and use straps on one side to hold clothing in place and a zippered compartment on the other side for loose items. It rolls really easily, is surprisingly light weight . The 25 fits into an overhead compartment. The 29 is for checked in baggage and help up to the handlers loading. except for some scratches it seems fine. Also this has the new TSA lock so you can lock your luggage securely. I have some more trips coming up and will follow up with more once these have more miles on them. i gave it 5 stars because it did everything we wanted . Hope this review is helpful
11 comment|198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
I was in Brazil, trying to navigate to the airport down the side of the highway (it was blocked off due to protestors). This lovely suitcase wheeled like a champion 6km, all the way to the airport! Sturdy, but light. Wheels are great. Large size.
0Comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2015
Be very careful about buying ANY of the Delsey 29" spinner luggage. I just purchased the Helium Sky set and discovered as others have that the 29" does NOT include protruding spinner wheels which add about 2" to the dimensions. That puts all those pieces over the standard 62" limit used by most big airlines. I talked to Delsey this morning who was in no way helpful. Said that they have a fine-print disclaimer that wheels and handle are not included in the measurements. Also said they have only had a "few" complaints about that. I talked to customer service at American Airlines who looked up their policy manual. It states handles and wheels are not included UNLESS the wheels protrude......which all spinner wheels do. They were apologetic but said the agent checking in the bag could notice and charge the oversized baggage fee of several hundred dollars. That makes check-in a crap shoot. I am trying to decide about sending the bags back.
66 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2013
We just returned from a 14 day cruise to Hawaii. Since this is such a large piece, the 360 wheels were just the thing we needed for smooth maneuvering. I even had fellow passengers asking me for product info. The luggage is lightweight & held up very well through all the van-airport-cruise ship tranfers. Upon return home, I found a few scratches and scuff marks. Most of them came out when I wiped/rubbed it down with a damp cloth. Only two cons: 1. Better explanation on how to use the tsa lock. I had to go to the Delsey Website to figure that out. 2. I should have purchased two blue ones instead of one blue and one red. The scratches/scuff marks show up more in the red piece and were not as easy to remove. I'm looking forward to my next trip using these pieces. It was definitely worth the purchase.
0Comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2016
Ok - I have this suitcase for about 2 and half years and I fly a lot - almost every month with it - I think I can give a legitimate review here - quality should really be improved over time - the chrome painting on the handle have been peeling away since day one almost - overall body of the Suitcase can be push In a bit too easy ( see picture ) mine has been beat up and push in so many time now - I come home and use a hammer and bang from the inside to push back out ( like a body shop work :)
The handle finally broke today - I am far away from home but I will manage - thankfully the wheels are strong enough and survived many abuse.
Overall , Delsey should improve their plastic quality , it used to be way better 20 years ago
Price of this suitcase is reasonable , I wouldn't mind paying and extra $50 and get better quality
review image review image review image
on February 28, 2013
I handle luggage from every aspect - traveler, handler, finder, deliverer. I absolutely loved the Rimowa's features and quality but had no intention of spending $600 on a bag. I spent $135 on a %100 polycarbonate, light weight bag with GREAT wheels and low-profile handle with a built-in lock and a 10 year warranty and so glad I did.
11 comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2014
I received my bag and within one week took it out to use it for vacation As I was was pulling it out of the car at the airport (on this first use) one of the wheels fell off. Attempting to put it back, with no luck we limped around on our vacation with 3 wheels. I immediately notified the seller (within 7 days of purchase) they refused to help me resolve the problem, referring me to the manufacturers warranty. It obviously came to me from the seller defective and it is my opinion that they should have helped. I fly about 50,000 miles a year minimum, around the globe. I am a frequent amazon customer who has never had a complaint with any other seller.
44 comments|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2015
So far, so good! Survived a lot of flights thru multiple countries with just a few scuffs. Wheels are great and zippers all work well. 4 stars because the lock on mine seems to be a little weird... I have to jiggle the zippers around inside the lock before it will actually lock or unlock. Other than that small quirk, awesome suitcase and the dark blue looks nice in person
review image
on November 6, 2013
It is great and light and moved around flawlessly. I have only used it once but it did the job. It looks good as well. The main reason I purchased this bag is that it was the largest bag that i found that still complied with the new baggage guidelines set out by the airlines. It is also one of the lightest for its size - so I can squeeze more in. I recently bought a Samsonite bag of roughly the same size and was disappointed by the overall apprearance (looked big and bulky), and was scared that the airlines might just start pull outthe messuring tape as i check in.