5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, Size and Value ...Perfect Checked Bag!
Published 21 months ago by John D. Wise

1.0 out of 5 stars 31" NOT 29" = OVERSIZED LUGGAGE FOR ALL DOMESTIC AIRLINES
The description states that this luggage is 12.5" x 29" x 19.5" inches or 61 total linear inches - that is WITHOUT adding in the height of the wheels; with the wheels it is 12.5" x 30" x 20" (not 19.5") which = 63.5" which is OVERSIZED for all domestic airlines.
This costs, on American Airlines, and additional $200.
I will never...
Published 6 months ago by Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, Size and Value ...Perfect Checked Bag!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Delsey Luggage Helium Aero 29 Inch Expandable Spinner Trolley (Accessory)
We reviewed so many luggage pieces that we were literally thrilled to have decided on this Delsey 29" Lightweight Hardside Spinner. It is the perfect choice for a checked bag in that it is lightweight yet is one inch shy of the maximum size allowable without having to pay "Oversized" charges by the airlines. This 29" Spinner is exactly 61" Total (1" smaller than the Max Standard). 29" x 19.5" x 12.5" This luggage is gorgeous and has a 10 Yr. limited warranty from the manufacturer. The wheels glide easily and the pull handle is very durable. The inside is well appointed with a full zippered cover piece on one side and a lock-strap on the other. There is also a zippered pocket inside for smaller items. The bag can expand 2" more if you happen to pick up too many bargains while traveling. The lift handles on the top and the side are also very well made and close flat against the suitcase when you are not using them. The hardside shell is polycarbonate, exactly what the doctor ordered for lightweight durability. We just ordered the smaller carry-on bag to match. Ours is the Brick Red which is actually more like the Toyota Mini-Van color, not a fire engine red. Love the TSA approved security locks, the kind where you just push a lever and snap the ends of the two zippers into the lock. We have done a number of cruise ship vacations and the 29" is perfect for carrying all you will need, yet fitting under the cabin bed for storage while cruising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds a lot and very nice, November 20, 2012
D. Hardy (Milford, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
We have only used this luggage on one trip /4 flights. So far we really like it. We bought both the 29 and 25 inch. Both hold a lot of stuff and if it is overstuffed can be expanded. The compartments hold a lot and use straps on one side to hold clothing in place and a zippered compartment on the other side for loose items. It rolls really easily, is surprisingly light weight . The 25 fits into an overhead compartment. The 29 is for checked in baggage and help up to the handlers loading. except for some scratches it seems fine. Also this has the new TSA lock so you can lock your luggage securely. I have some more trips coming up and will follow up with more once these have more miles on them. i gave it 5 stars because it did everything we wanted . Hope this review is helpful

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product -- Great Value., March 10, 2013
We just returned from a 14 day cruise to Hawaii. Since this is such a large piece, the 360 wheels were just the thing we needed for smooth maneuvering. I even had fellow passengers asking me for product info. The luggage is lightweight & held up very well through all the van-airport-cruise ship tranfers. Upon return home, I found a few scratches and scuff marks. Most of them came out when I wiped/rubbed it down with a damp cloth. Only two cons: 1. Better explanation on how to use the tsa lock. I had to go to the Delsey Website to figure that out. 2. I should have purchased two blue ones instead of one blue and one red. The scratches/scuff marks show up more in the red piece and were not as easy to remove. I'm looking forward to my next trip using these pieces. It was definitely worth the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Traveled 6km with me!, July 1, 2013
I was in Brazil, trying to navigate to the airport down the side of the highway (it was blocked off due to protestors). This lovely suitcase wheeled like a champion 6km, all the way to the airport! Sturdy, but light. Wheels are great. Large size.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality with a better price tag, February 28, 2013
Amazon Customer "cinobey6" (Spring, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I handle luggage from every aspect - traveler, handler, finder, deliverer. I absolutely loved the Rimowa's features and quality but had no intention of spending $600 on a bag. I spent $135 on a %100 polycarbonate, light weight bag with GREAT wheels and low-profile handle with a built-in lock and a 10 year warranty and so glad I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars 31" NOT 29" = OVERSIZED LUGGAGE FOR ALL DOMESTIC AIRLINES, February 2, 2014
This costs, on American Airlines, and additional $200.
I will never purchase another Delsey product again - any company that feels it needs to mislead the consumer about it's product does not deserve to be patronized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, July 1, 2013
It is lightweight. I can pack a ton and it withstands rigorous international travel. I highly recommend it. Although it gets some scratches, it shows no sign of deterioration.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fragile Bag, Useless Warranty, November 15, 2013
This is a great suitcase in theory. It's ultralight, so you can put more stuff in it without going overweight. On the other hand, it's ultra big, so it's easy to go overweight.

Worse, by far, is its fragility. My daughter's Delsey cracked on its first trip. When the receptionist at Delsey told me that the "10-year limited warranty" doesn't cover damage by airlines, I said, "What in the world???" She replied that they hear that every day from customers. So there are a lot of cracked Delseys and a lot of upset customers out there. Don't join them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., November 15, 2013
Whitney "Prime Fan" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Wow people are not kidding..this is huge! I have another 29 inch case so thought I knew what I was getting I to...nope! It's not just tall,it's fat! I am pretty sure I can overload this to waaaaay over 50 pounds. I do have to cart a lot if items along in addition to my clothes for quiite a few trips a year, , so I know I can use every inch. I like the inner compartments, I like the smooth glide and the weight. True it does not feel as sturdy as, say, a halloburtin briefcase, but I expected that, as this is my 2nd hardsided suitcase, so I know th feel. The only reason that I give four stars is that the outside (platinum) is not as shiny as the photos look ..i was hoping for a little bling, and the case has a texture to it. I am really sensitive to textures. If I run my finger over the outside, it almost sends a shiver up my spine, but I am sure that's just my quirk. I am not going to use this for every trip, this would be a lot of overkill for a weekend, and even for a week in a tropical climate. i do like it enough though, that I think I will buy the 25? 26? for summer trips. Once I found spinners about 5 years ago, I have never looked back. Really great case though..boots, sweaters, jackets, plenty of room and Great for winter travel for sure. Just not sure how to get it in the car alone. Huge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Biggest size that complies with airline regulations, November 6, 2013
It is great and light and moved around flawlessly. I have only used it once but it did the job. It looks good as well. The main reason I purchased this bag is that it was the largest bag that i found that still complied with the new baggage guidelines set out by the airlines. It is also one of the lightest for its size - so I can squeeze more in. I recently bought a Samsonite bag of roughly the same size and was disappointed by the overall apprearance (looked big and bulky), and was scared that the airlines might just start pull outthe messuring tape as i check in.

Delsey Luggage Helium Aero 29 Inch Expandable Spinner Trolley