on January 18, 2014
Bought this for my husband for Christmas. We just went on a 10 day trip to Barbados and he was able to get everything (except shoes) into this bag with no problems. His toiletry bag in there as well. gorgeous graphite color. We almost went with the black, but was so happy we chose the dark gray. Held up well on the airplane and it is super lite and spins on all four wheels, so no matter which way you pull it, it works and doesn't tip over. Wheels roll super smooth. Lots of room, and sturdy. Feels well made all the way around. There is a drop down front section which allows easy access for laptops, or tickets, boarding passes, etc. It will open fully if you need it to, but there are two zippers that meet in the middle at the top, so you can control how much that front panel drops open by taking the zippers halfway open. Very happy with this purchase, and now I'm thinking of getting one for my self. Very reasonably priced. You'll see that when you start shopping around for a hard case with a front section. Almost none of them have that feature. If they do, they're upwards of $400.
on July 29, 2014
OK, I own the matching but SLIGHTLY larger Aero 21" roller, BUT that one is a bit too big to meet some of the carry-on requirements, so opted for the International Carry On spinner given increased travel planned for coming couple of years. Excellent choice!

Recently packed it successfully for a week in Europe as my only bag (other than computer backpack). Did expand the Spinner to accommodate a week's worth of clothes (including one extra pair of shoes) and checked it anyway since my wife's bag was also checked.

Of course very light weight, super stable when rolling upright or inclined, stylish exterior, very good interior organizing features with zippered clothing compartment, open clothing compartment is the one that expands, retaining straps for clothes in both compartments, flat zippered storage on the flap that closes the one interior compartment, AND a small zippered storage that I use for body powder (keeps it off the clothes and out of my dopp kit).

Like others, I did NOT use the laptop compartment for my laptop, but rather packed my vitamins/meds and other flat-ish items in this compartment, worked fine. I could see packing my laptop in it in a sleeve for shorter (day or overnight) trips to eliminate my backpack, but only when using as carry-on, of course.

Survived the trip as checked baggage fairly well. Of course these do get scuffed, but they are very nicely designed and tough enough to still look pretty good as they wear.

I do use the TSA-approved locks, adds a bit of security as well when the bag is out of sight.

My favorite thing about this bag is it's combination of upright stability and mobility in a very compact but practical size.
on December 15, 2014
Pros:
+ Fits more than you would think! I just came back from a 5-day business trip; I managed to fit 9 outfits (including biz clothes), 3 pairs of heels, laptop, and everything else (toiletries, jewelry, etc.). I could have easily fit more if I expanded the bag.
+ The front pocket thing is genius. True, it is hard to fit much more than my laptop, charger, and bag o' liquids in it... but... I think that's the point of it. It makes going through security much less stressful.
+ Very lightweight
+ Prettyyyy (I got it in the grayish silver color)
+ The 4 spinner wheels - exactly what I was looking for. They spin very nicely.
+ The handle has 2 adjustable heights - the shorter height is perfect for me (5'2")

Cons:
+ This is a minor complaint, but my instinct when opening my bag is to place the bag on its 'back' (side with handle), unzip, and flip open the 'front' (side with logo). But when I do this, the stuff in the 'front' side falls out of place since it's only held in by straps. whereas the 'back' side has the zipped closed compartment. I say this is a minor complaint, of course, because the solution to my problem is for me to simply place the bag on its 'front' and flip open the 'back' when opening, and thus nothing will fall out of place. However, try as I might, I keep forgetting to do this because it goes against my natural instinct... Alas, I will soldier on somehow.
on November 29, 2013
I can see why some people like this bag. The design appears to be a good one as is the size. I'm traveling with it for the first time. As I suspected it already has a ding and scratches since it is a hard side. The wheels are wonderful as is the handle. However, the front laptop pocket is next to useless and the design is such that it is hard to get to items without letting the whole thing flop open. If you pack items internally they take up the room in the front compartment. It is one of those bags that looks like it has quite a bit of room and then turns out to be cramped. A good example is the internal pocket that runs the length of the case. It isn't much good for anything in terms of size. Perhaps after more use I'll like it better. But I have a Swissgear bag that isn't much bigger than this one and it holds way more.
on November 23, 2013
I packed for an 8 day trip with no problem. I was surprised at how little space it occupied in the over-bin section, and how easy it was to hoist up into the compartment. Having Dual handles is a plus and a MUST. Also, the EASE of gliding it through the airport, as I'm running to catch my next flight was amazing. BUY IT!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 28, 2014
I bought the Delsey Helium Aero International Carry On and the slightly larger Delsey Helium Aero Carry On Spinner (titanium color). I've used them both domestically in the U.S. and internationally. I needed quality cases and was willing to pay a bit more for something that would last (I am tired of cheap bags that make it through a trip or two), They are amazing luggage and I am so happy I bought them both. They've taken beatings from baggage handlers and being tossed around in general, they still look great and function perfectly. The expandable zipper is great to get as much in as you can (it also is great to unzip, pack it full, then sit on the sucker and zip back down to compress everything!).

The International Carry On has a zippered front pocket which is really useful, you can keep a laptop/ipad or other items that you need to pull out at security. I also travel with my CPAP machine and I put it in this front pocket, which meant that when I had to go through security, I just pulled it out with no need to open up my suitcase. The size for International one is perfect, I used it on EasyJet (which has the smallest carry on size) and was able to carry it on and stow it. I had no issues with Aer Lingus, EasyJet, and Air France carrying it on board.

I will say, this is a small case, I used it with the Carry On Spinner from Delsey and for the two of them, I had enough for three weeks in Europe, travelling from Scotland to Madrid and the weather changes that implies. But these are small cases and you need to pack well (I used the Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Specter Cubes and it made packing these really easy and got a lot in them).
on May 2, 2015
This is a nice-looking bag--quite handsome in the titanium color, which is actually a medium to dark gray. As others have already noted, it is compact and holds more than you might think. The laptap sleeve is quite handy as well, although filling the front pocket does mean you lose space on the flip side of that half of the bag. The expanding ability is also a nice feature. I didn't mind the fact that you have to open the bag from back to front in order to avoid spilling loose contents, but you do need to remember this or you will spill, unless you pack only very bulky items like jackets, or unless you use packing cubes on this side (probably a good idea). The entire bag is well made and sturdy (so far; I've only had it since February). It is most definitely a carry on rather than checked bag--I had to check it on my international flights and while it held up, the shell was definitely scratched from being thrown around, so I'm not confident it would stand up to more checking--but if you are going to buy a lightweight piece of luggage, this is to be expected. Which leads me to why I am giving this four rather than five stars: I bought this specifically for a international business trip with the intention of carrying on, and it was not allowed on the plane. When I boarded, I could see why--it was a bit big for the overhead bins, which were pretty small. I flew Air France, Alitalia, and KLM on this trip and I don't think this would have fit the bins on any of those planes. So be warned--it's a great bag and will definitely work for domestic carry-on, but is definitely NOT assured for international travel. If you want to be absolutely sure of carrying on internationally, I suggest you find something smaller and less thick--both in width and height it was just an inch or so too large. Or give up wheels and carry a soft duffle (not an option for me since I have a bad shoulder).
on January 15, 2015
This is the best carry-on I have ever owned because of the dual access hard-sided pocket. I wanted a hard-sided case that i could slip my laptop in and out of quickly when going through security at airports, and also when my case is in the overhead locker (I can remove the laptop without moving or opening the case).

I specifically researched all hard sided cases with the dual access and the Delsey came through simply because of the size and style of the front pocket. The size of the pocket, and the way it opens, means there is NO fumbling around or needing to angle the laptop to make it fit - it simply fits - slide in/slide out. As well as the laptop, I can fit my bag of liquids/gels easily (in a separate compartment) and my documents if I wish (again a separate compartment to the liquids etc). I could even fit a cardigan, scarf, change of top, socks etc. My laptop is a 13 inch, but we tried my partner's 17 inch and it fits easily as well.

I was willing (and expecting) to purchase either Rimowa or Tumi to to get the best hard-sided, dual-access case, and I researched many other brands as well and really took my time. I found Tumi's dual access international carry-on case to have only an 8 inch wide dual-access pocket, which meant I would have to angle the laptop to get it in, and also keep the inside contents very flat and minimal. The Rimowa version has a soft-sided front pocket which is not suitable at all for sliding a laptop in /out and keeping it safe. So in the end I bought the Delsey and I seriously could not be happier. I expect it may only last a quarter of the lifetime of a Rimowa, however I can easily replace it in a couple of years before it starts to break down or weaken and I'm still coming out on top financially, and best of all, I have the perfect dual-access hard-sided pocket that I need for travel.

The dimensions of the case fit with the maximum allowance for international carry-on, particularly since 3 major US airlines have now changed their limit to be a maximum width of 14 inches (it used to be 15) and I hear they are being strict on it too. It's nice not having to worry about this.

The hard side seems as durable as any of my other hard-sided cases, none of which have ever been a problem. The wheels seem very good and have so far supported very heavy weights easily, still managing to be wheeled on all fours without any pulling. The handle seems very strong and well made, as do the zippers.

This Delsey carry-on should be the new standard in hard-sided carry-on luggage due to the absolutely perfect dual-access front opening. I'm 100% happy with it and highly recommend it for anyone who travels with a laptop.
on December 3, 2014
First and foremost make sure this bag will be large enough. map out the dimensions on your table and see what you can get in that space. As the title says this is an international carry on which is a bit smaller than the U.S. maximum. Its a great looking bag and is very portable and light.

The side zip laptop compartment is a bit strange in design but was easier to use than anticipated. The key is to use two hands to unzip both sides at once and it opens and closes quickly. The zippers were a bit sticky but barely worth mentioning.

The four spinner wheels made it extremely easy to push around the airport. I will never go back to two wheels again even with the loss of space. I could push along side with one finger. no pulling behind giving you a back ache. It also glides easily down the aisle in the plane.

This is what fit in my bag and it was crammed full. If you do laundry this may suit your needs for longer trips.

Main compartment
1 pair dress shoes
1 pair jeans
1 pair dress pants
1 dress shirt
4 pair of socks and underwear
3 t-shirts
1 lightweight fleece pullover
carrying case for electric toothbrush
deodorant
in the small slim zip pocket I stowed my toiletries - razor, shave cream, comb etc...

Side laptop compartment (has a fabric divider so if you cram main very tight it pushes a bit into side compartment.
1 13 inch macbook pro inside a neoprene sleeve
In the large bottom mesh pocket I stowed the power cord and a couple of other charging devices for phone.
in the top small mesh bag I stowed the liquid ziplock bag for liquids and a medium paperback book.

If you bring a small shoulder bag and carry or wear your jacket this bag may be all you need.

Oh, and it does expand but then it will be too fat for the overhead but you may be able to get it to fit. I didn't want to chance it.

All in all a great bag.
on January 9, 2014
Wonderful colors, compartments, and flexibility with the piece of luggage. You can pack a weeks worth of clothes in this case providing you pack one outfit per day. The rich colors make your bag distinguishable from the other thousand black bags in the airport. Price value relationship is excellent.