4.0 out of 5 stars Great for international travel
Published 11 months ago by Bentogirl

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first trip out; Delsey won't back up product
The bright green color of my bag is beautiful (though it appears to no longer be available). The wheels spin dreamily. The TSA lock is smart and easy to use. But the bag got a big crack all the way through during its very first flight.

Published 8 months ago by knitter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first trip out; Delsey won't back up product, February 25, 2014

I contacted Delsey, which claims to have a very good warranty. They emailed back a list of exclusions, and I had to ask them what they intended by their reply. Here's the answer I got:

"Unfortunately, the warranty does not cover damaged luggage done by the
airport. You would have had to file a claim with the airport and have
them to take responsibility for the damages. Please contact our Consumer
Relations Department for more information on the options you have for
getting your back repaired or replaced."

So apparently Delsey will back up the luggage if you don't put it in any situations where it might get damaged, like on an airplane. Well, okay. This is the last time I spend money on a Delsey product, and I hope that if you purchase a Delsey product, yours doesn't break right away like mine did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fragile Bag, Useless Warranty, November 15, 2013
This is a great suitcase in theory. It's ultralight, so you can put more stuff in it without going overweight. On the other hand, it's ultra big, so it's easy to go overweight.

Worse, by far, is its fragility. My daughter's Delsey cracked on its first trip. When the receptionist at Delsey told me that the "10-year limited warranty" doesn't cover damage by airlines, I said, "What in the world???" She replied that they hear that every day from customers. So there are a lot of cracked Delseys and a lot of upset customers out there. Don't join them.

Polycarbonate spinners have started coming onto the market. This is the stuff they make jet cockpits and hockey backstops out of, so it's really tough. One of those might be a better choice than the Delsey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for international travel, December 21, 2013
I bought this on a whim, I needed a suitcase for a recent European trip that was looming and I'm glad I did. The things I looked for: lightweight, but at least 25", telescoping handle and 4-wheels. It rolled easily on the cobble-y streets of Vienna, it maneuvered easily from the hotel to the RATP (underground subway) in Paris back to the airport and up the 5 long flights of stairs in Munich when they didn't have an elevator. It made it over the gaps in the floor from the Zurich hotel elevator and everywhere in-between, so you can imagine on a smooth surface like an airport, you barely have to touch it to push/pull it. The shell is firm, but flexible and it didn't have a scratch on it after 10 countries! While it could easily expand another 2", I found that I didn't need to do that to easily accommodate all of the items in it, even when packed and at the 19kilo (42#) mark!

I purchased the purple suitcase as it made it extremely easy to identify which was my suitcase when it rolled off the belt in the airports (also it was less expensive than the other 2 colors and not being familiar with the line, didn't want to invest that much just in case). The telescoping handle is durable and accommodates two different heights which is a nice touch. It made pulling (which I rarely did) and pushing the suitcase a breeze!

It has a TSA lock system built in and it was incredibly easy to set my own combination with the included instructions (they were in the inner zip pouch). The suitcase is divided into two pretty equal halves when unzipped. The only improvement that I'd like to see is for the left half of the suitcase: it has a zippered component that when the suitcase is open, zips to the middle (or back spine) so you cannot sit it up on a travel stand without all of your items spilling into the other half. I had to lay my suitcase flat on the floor to work around this small flaw. The RH side has the clipping belt to keep items neatly secured like most suitcases have. All in all, really happy that I bought this for my travels!

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, April 14, 2014
This review is from: Delsey Luggage Helium Shadow 2.0 25 Inch Exp. Spinner Suiter Trolley (Accessory)
I don't typically write a lot of reviews, but I was so satisfied with Amazon's overall service that I felt it would be a disservice to not write one this time.
After seeing the luggage at a large department store with inflated prices, I ordered 2 of these from Amazon from my phone right then and there on a Saturday morning. Both pieces were delivered to my door the following Monday! Incredible times we live in.
The suitcases are sturdy and do not feel flimsy despite their extremely light weight. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see this material crack from being manhandled to and from luggage compartments. The wheels are excellent and offer a smooth maneuvering experience. The telescopic handle is also solid and has a nice grip. The inner finish of the suitcase is not topnotch, but it is practical, tidy and efficient.
Overall I'd consider this a solid value/quality balance for a mid-range purchase.
If you're looking to spend under $150 and aren't familiar with the brand, I'd definitely take the leap of faith. I think you'd have to spend well in the $400's before you see a noticeable change in quality in a suitcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great luggage!, March 10, 2013
Just took my new Delsey bag to San Fran and I love it! I like that the one side zips shut so that I can separate things. The small pouch is great for storing toiletries and the TSA combination lock makes this purchase a home run! I did a side by side comparison in a local store of the 2.0 version to the previous version and I felt that it was worth paying extra to get the helium shadow 2.0

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent piece of luggage, June 26, 2014
I stumbled over this luggage case at Bed, Bath and Beyond and I purchased it in purple. I recently went on a trip to Utah and Wyoming for 9 days and I wanted something that would accommodate extra items if necessary. This case was perfect, even though I could have gotten away with the smaller case I opted for this one. The body of the case is very light so you will think immediately it's flimsy, because it feels that way, but it isn't. The case is deep enough to hold lots of clothing and shoes as well as full sized products (if you travel like I do). I like that it has the combination lock and I felt good with not adding an extra belt to keep it from opening. Wheeling this case around for me was a dream, I'm 5'0" and I may have had about 35-40 lbs of weight in my case. Very pleased with this purchase and I am also looking to purchase the carry on in the same line.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to use and roll, June 29, 2014
I bought this luggage for a cruise because my old luggage was so heavy. It was easy to use and roll. We each had our own and it took minimal effort to transport. It held all of our belongings. It held up well in the airport, and we especially liked being able to lock up our things because of the TSA compatible lock. I would strongly recommend this luggage. The clothe-like texture on a hard cover make it both durable and flexible. I.V.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delsey Helium Shadow 2.0 25inch Spinner Suiter Trolley, May 10, 2014
Beautiful looking ! only wish there was more room inside and a bit more cushioning.Overall is very nice color and a good size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, February 28, 2014
Very durable and dependable. Very lightweight also. I would recommend this luggage to anyone. It exceeded my expectations. I'm satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super light and super wheels, February 23, 2014
Gosh, we purchased delsey aero and fell in love with it, and prompted us to replace another suitcase! This is great value for a very sturdy case, easy wheels and takes a lot of the strength off the arms, and onto the wheels. Not bad on carpets, but loved it when we were in the airport. Storage wise, plenty of room for one person, love the lock and just so light now that we are not carrying the heavy weight of a suitcase frame. We are fully converted to this new travel luggage! Compares just as well as all the more expensive versions.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›