Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Delsey Luggage Helium Shadow 2.0 25 Inch Exp. Spinner Suiter Trolley, Platinum, One Size
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 15, 2013
This is a great suitcase in theory. It's ultralight, so you can put more stuff in it without going overweight. On the other hand, it's ultra big, so it's easy to go overweight.

Worse, by far, is its fragility. My daughter's Delsey cracked on its first trip. When the receptionist at Delsey told me that the "10-year limited warranty" doesn't cover damage by airlines, I said, "What in the world???" She replied that they hear that every day from customers. So there are a lot of cracked Delseys and a lot of upset customers out there. Don't join them.

Polycarbonate spinners have started coming onto the market. This is the stuff they make jet cockpits and hockey backstops out of, so it's really tough. One of those might be a better choice than the Delsey.
55 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2014
The bright green color of my bag is beautiful (though it appears to no longer be available). The wheels spin dreamily. The TSA lock is smart and easy to use. But the bag got a big crack all the way through during its very first flight.

I contacted Delsey, which claims to have a very good warranty. They emailed back a list of exclusions, and I had to ask them what they intended by their reply. Here's the answer I got:

"Unfortunately, the warranty does not cover damaged luggage done by the
airport. You would have had to file a claim with the airport and have
them to take responsibility for the damages. Please contact our Consumer
Relations Department for more information on the options you have for
getting your back repaired or replaced."

So apparently Delsey will back up the luggage if you don't put it in any situations where it might get damaged, like on an airplane. Well, okay. This is the last time I spend money on a Delsey product, and I hope that if you purchase a Delsey product, yours doesn't break right away like mine did.
77 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2013
I bought this on a whim, I needed a suitcase for a recent European trip that was looming and I'm glad I did. The things I looked for: lightweight, but at least 25", telescoping handle and 4-wheels. It rolled easily on the cobble-y streets of Vienna, it maneuvered easily from the hotel to the RATP (underground subway) in Paris back to the airport and up the 5 long flights of stairs in Munich when they didn't have an elevator. It made it over the gaps in the floor from the Zurich hotel elevator and everywhere in-between, so you can imagine on a smooth surface like an airport, you barely have to touch it to push/pull it. The shell is firm, but flexible and it didn't have a scratch on it after 10 countries! While it could easily expand another 2", I found that I didn't need to do that to easily accommodate all of the items in it, even when packed and at the 19kilo (42#) mark!

I purchased the purple suitcase as it made it extremely easy to identify which was my suitcase when it rolled off the belt in the airports (also it was less expensive than the other 2 colors and not being familiar with the line, didn't want to invest that much just in case). The telescoping handle is durable and accommodates two different heights which is a nice touch. It made pulling (which I rarely did) and pushing the suitcase a breeze!

It has a TSA lock system built in and it was incredibly easy to set my own combination with the included instructions (they were in the inner zip pouch). The suitcase is divided into two pretty equal halves when unzipped. The only improvement that I'd like to see is for the left half of the suitcase: it has a zippered component that when the suitcase is open, zips to the middle (or back spine) so you cannot sit it up on a travel stand without all of your items spilling into the other half. I had to lay my suitcase flat on the floor to work around this small flaw. The RH side has the clipping belt to keep items neatly secured like most suitcases have. All in all, really happy that I bought this for my travels!
on April 14, 2014
I don't typically write a lot of reviews, but I was so satisfied with Amazon's overall service that I felt it would be a disservice to not write one this time.
After seeing the luggage at a large department store with inflated prices, I ordered 2 of these from Amazon from my phone right then and there on a Saturday morning. Both pieces were delivered to my door the following Monday! Incredible times we live in.
The suitcases are sturdy and do not feel flimsy despite their extremely light weight. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see this material crack from being manhandled to and from luggage compartments. The wheels are excellent and offer a smooth maneuvering experience. The telescopic handle is also solid and has a nice grip. The inner finish of the suitcase is not topnotch, but it is practical, tidy and efficient.
Overall I'd consider this a solid value/quality balance for a mid-range purchase.
If you're looking to spend under $150 and aren't familiar with the brand, I'd definitely take the leap of faith. I think you'd have to spend well in the $400's before you see a noticeable change in quality in a suitcase.
on November 24, 2014
Purchased two of these suitcases for travel across USA and Europe.

Good news: Ultra light weight,very high internal capacity compared to external size, easy to pack and close. Once of the most efficient and easy to pack suitcases I've ever owned.

Bad news: very, very fragile.... On one trip, my suitcase developed a long crack extending from one spinner wheel up along edge of case and is a complete loss. Luckily the internal fabric liner prevented the contents from spilling out. It was never loaded to over 45 lbs and I never carried another bag on top of it. A second suitcase (belonging to my significant other) is on its way out, too. This second case is often loaded to 50 lbs and is wheeled with a second bag on top of it. One spinner wheel now routinely collapses into the case which is beginning to crack. Both cases lasted a couple of trips, then failed.

The case is so light and efficient because the polycarbonate shell is very thin and light. It does not weigh much, nor does it occupy much space. But in my experience, the shell is also way too thin (and hence too weak) to withstand the stress of routine baggage handling by airlines and simple stresses of users wheeling it around terminals. I now think of it as disposable luggage - it may last one or two trips, but like thin high density plastic supermarket shopping bags, it really will not work well for repeated use.

Propaganda about the case being made of the same material as fighter aircraft windshields is misleading - it implies strength. But no matter how strong the material, if there is too little of it, the end product is weakness. And I've found this case to be very weak, indeed. If you have this case already or are going to buy it - I suggest that you inspect it after each trip leg for cracking and buckling, or risk losing the contents.
on March 10, 2013
Just took my new Delsey bag to San Fran and I love it! I like that the one side zips shut so that I can separate things. The small pouch is great for storing toiletries and the TSA combination lock makes this purchase a home run! I did a side by side comparison in a local store of the 2.0 version to the previous version and I felt that it was worth paying extra to get the helium shadow 2.0
on January 26, 2015
I have had the grey and purple of this luggage for 2 years, used on many trips now and am still absolutely in love with it! It is very light, rolls great, has a very easy combination lock on the side and is super durable. I was contemplating getting something even bigger but this size has been perfect, and expands if needed. Any bigger and I would have problem with the 50 pound weight limit. I would recommend these pieces and amazon delivery is quick!
on April 17, 2015
Luggage has come a long from my Snoopy Suitcase. I researched a LOT prior to purchasing this piece. I'd always had top brand soft luggage in the past, but it was destroyed (long story) and I had to invest in a new go-to case for travel. I actually went to a luggage store to lay eyes and hands on several choices. The clerks there knew I was not making a purchase, but they highly recommended the Delsey Helium Shadow line. It is extremely lightweight. The casters make it a cinch to roll anywhere with little to no effort, even full. The texture of the shell is a diamond cut, and will not show scratches like the glossier styles. I will purchase a smaller piece in the same set for shorter trips as well, and I expect this set will last a good long time.
on June 9, 2015
I bought this bag because it had the best reviews, but was a complete disappointment.
On the first trip is broken handle side and now becomes very uncomfortable take on that side because the wires are out.
review image
on February 16, 2015
My husband travels for work and used to go through suitcases like crazy. This one seems to be working out and is very tough. It can hold his clothes and work gear, including boots, for 1 week.
It's very easy to roll and maneuver through the airports and my husband is 6'5" and the handle works just fine for him.