5.0 out of 5 stars Bicycle hoist works well, screws are OK!
I recently purchased and installed the Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist for my mountain bike. After reading the the reviews of other hoists from Rad and Racor, I chose the Delta because it had the least negative reviews.

Most of these negative comments were related to the supplied mounting screws. The screws are typical Asian-made hardware, not the best in the...
Published on October 5, 2009 by Richard Fallstich

3.0 out of 5 stars Product has changed
I purchased the Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist in 2009, mounted it in our garage, and it has worked perfectly ever since. However, I recently purchased another and the product has changed significantly. The mounting plates are about half the size of the original and although the pully mechanism appears to be the same, it does not operate as smoothly. Even with all of the...
Published on April 21, 2012 by Daddyjohnboy

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Was delivered quickly, and installed in a snap., May 21, 2011
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
I looked a few of these on-line, after seeing overpriced models in a SkyMall magazine. Settled on this one due to price, and favorable reviews. So far, so great. It was delivered quickly, and I installed both of them (one for my bike, and one for my wife's) in a couple hours. Would have been quicker, but I modified the install directions a little bit, to get the bikes up just a bit further, for more clearance. Great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, but you will definitely need to buy screws, August 12, 2008
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
My husband and I recently purchased two of these pulley systems to store our bicycles with. The whole system is very easy to use and install. As many other people have mentioned, the screws that come with the kit are really low quality and I definitely recommend purchasing better screws.

We mounted both kits to the ceiling of our garage and they work beautifully. We are able to store our bikes above head level so that they are out of the way and not taking up any floor space.

I highly recommend this product as long as you remember to buy better screws.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "super" hoist, February 8, 2008
Amazon Customer (Bellefonte, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
I bought two of these and used them to hoist my two kayaks up to the garage rafters. They went up slick and easy -- and out of the way. Great product. I'd recommend them without reservation.

Mike Brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ordering my second one, May 7, 2013
R. Brogan (Saint Paul, Ks) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
Ordered one of these a couple of months ago after some concern with some of the reviews. After installing and using for about two months I just ordered a second on for another bike. Comments are:

Like others have said, the rope that comes with it is not of great quality. I will have to replace it before long. On the other hand they give you plenty of rope for a high garage ceiling. Our ceiling is about 10-1/2' and I had rope left over.

Unlike some comments I had no problem at all with the screws. I did pre-drill the holes using a bit about equal to the minor diameter of the thread and they went right in with help from a little paraffin.

The lifting hooks are a one size fits all arrangement. They fit the handle bars of my road bike just fine, but I had to improvise a bit to fit the seat, but it worked. If you have a bag mounted beneath your seat you might have to use the rear hooks on the front of the seat or both on one side. BTW - they are tempered steel and not that easy to bend.

Operation couldn't not be simpler. There might be a slight tendency to lift one end or the other but slight hand pressure on a tire levels things out. The clutch that keeps the rope from pulling back through during lifting seems to work well. For the money this lift system works just fine. I did subtract a star for the flimsy rope - they coulda' done better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
Fair for the investment.Installs easily. Ropes will fray immediately, so how long they last will depend on have often you use. Makes storage better and lifting the bikes is no longer a chore.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hoist control flimsy, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
You better have enough space and a clear straight shot at the assembly if you want to use it without too much difficulty. The product design leaves to be desired and I need to return the second one I purchased. You are better off going to a boat store and purchase the parts that will meet your needs, both in function and quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for kayaks, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
Great solution for kayaks at a great price. Storing the kayaks near the garage ceiling frees up other space in the garage. It does take a little work to install and the cord could be a heavier quality, but I can't complain for the price. You can always replace the cord when necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with hoist., February 18, 2011
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
I purchased bike hoists to lift my bikes up 14ft to the recessed area in front of my a/c unit. Everything worked perfectly; from the latch system to the bikes lifting evenly on both ends. The only frustrating part of mounting the hardware, was the fact that I did not realize that the hardware is hollowed out on the backside of the pulleys and I was mounting both hardware pieces to same beam. So, instead of using a sold piece of wood between the two hardware pieces and be exposed. I had to cut two pieces of wood to fit under the hardware only and mount them to the ceiling first then mount the pulleys to the ceiling. Everything works great and the bikes are holding strong 1 month later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delta Ceiling Hoist a good product, December 10, 2010
Ira E Power (Libertyville, Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
Received the 3 sets on time and in good shape. Installed with out any problem for three bycicles. I used the ropes. For now they are fine. I rope is avarage. But system is OK with good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars bike hoist, August 11, 2010
This review is from: Delta El Greco Ceiling Hoist (Sports)
It takes a bit of patience to hang, but very nice once you have it up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›