5.0 out of 5 stars Great product.
Published on November 8, 2012 by Succotash

1.0 out of 5 stars Diaappointed to say the least..didnt work out of the box
Published on August 29, 2012 by Frank R. Calzaretta

1.0 out of 5 stars Diaappointed to say the least..didnt work out of the box, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Delta Power Equipment Corporation 40-695-Scroll Saw-20-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw (Tools & Home Improvement)
I am very disappointed , I assembled the stand mounted the saw, turned it on and it just wouldn't work. I lowered the blade tension let it set for a minute and behold it started working, but the speed adjust did not work. Turned it off called Delta tech support they said to send it to the Factory repair center here in Orlando. Got busy waited a day or two. Started it up and it worked. Finished setting up the stand with wheels etc. Tried the saw again, didn't work. Bottom line it is at the factory repair center which is backed up and won't even be able to look at the saw until after Labor Day. And oh by the way it is a DeWalt repair center not Delta....they only repair Delta under a special order and may not have the parts. I should have saved the box and sent it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., November 8, 2012
This scroll saw replaced a cheaper model that literally fell apart during a project. I love this. It cuts my plastics pieces well, and very sharp, and with this scroll saw I can purchase a cutting tool for just about any project. For those that need to know, this is a pinless blade version rather than a pin-end blade scroll saw, there there are much more varieties of blades out there.

I've had it a few months now and I'm very satisfied. Side note, I purchased this with Amazon Prime, and chose my shipping date and time. The first one came in damaged, and the replacement one was shipped out very fast with the damaged one picked up for me so I didn't have to worry about packing this very heavy box myself. Very satisfied with the entire shipping process as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SAW !, April 29, 2013
Al Price "Socalal" (Caliente, (nearLake Isabella,) CA) - See all my reviews
I didn't get into scroll sawing until after I retired in 2008, then I taught myself using my first scroll saw that I bought from Sears and my ScrollSaw Woodworking & Crafts magazines. My first scroll saw was the middle one of three models that Sears sells, and folks, it is a great starter saw! I really like the foot pedal operation too. But my fingers really got sore screwing and unscrewing the blades in and out all the time. Plus, the bottom blade tightening screw is a little difficult to get to (I have really big hands!) So I saw this Delta scroll saw on sale and went ahead and purchased it. It cost about 3 times what my Sears saw cost, but ---- BOY WHAT A DIFFERENCE! not only are the blades easier to put in and out, but the blade tensioning mechanism is SO MUCH EASIER TO CONTROL ! Projects that used to take me 8 hours are now getting don in about 6 1/2 hrs! I will still use my Craftsman scroll saw, but mainly for straight cuts, and I'll use the spiral saw blades for the more curvy cuts with the Delta!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ummmmm, Wow!, July 26, 2012
I waited a long time to upgrade my 16" Delta scrollsaw. Should I get the 20" Dewalt, the Delta clone of the Dewalt or wait for the 40-695. I waited and am very pleased that I did. The saw is very easy to set up out of the box. The table is large and true, and easy to keep square to the blade. Almost no vibration. I love this saw.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best scroll saw that I have used, June 9, 2013
This is my 6th scroll saw and by far the best one I have used. Very limited on vibration and runs very quiet. The blade change is a breeze and it is quick to make whole changes when doing my artwork. The table had to be assembled when I received it, but was not a big deal either. If you want the quiet and ease of use of a scroll saw, this is the saw you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Hobbyist, January 12, 2013
I have owned several scroll saws. This is the smoothest cutting and lowest vibration of any scroll saw I have ever used. The work piece hold down could use some improvement in it's profile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta warranty service, January 21, 2013
I love this saw but I am thoroughly disgusted because I have only had it 2 months and it started vibrating so bad that I cannot use it. I called the Delta company and they directed me to take it to a repair store in Wichita, Ks. We drove almost 300 miles to take it there and then find out that Delta is very slow at sending parts for warranty. The guy said sometimes it takes 6 months. Hearing this has not made me very happy and wish now that I had not bought it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks, June 10, 2013
Saw had extreme vibration Had to take it apart and re-secure the motor. Same parent company but would go with the Dewalt if I was ordering again.

3.0 out of 5 stars My impression of the Delta 40-695 scroll saw, November 4, 2013
The switch to turn it on works sometime and sometimes it does not. I called Delta for warranty and got a run around.. Not what I expected from Delta.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best buys in tooling I have made, October 31, 2013
I had an old 16 inch Craftsman saw, which I never used because it beat me and my work up too bad. I wanted to get back into scrolling so I purchased this saw. It already had good reviews. For me, on all counts it is a great tool. It has little to no vibration, a lamp and a blower. It allows for easy blade changes which makes the whole process so much more pleasant. It has repeatable blade tension at the flick of a lever. I am very happy with the unit and look forward to many years of service. Did I mention that it comes with a very solid stand and is rock solid!