|Item Weight||38.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||23 x 12 x 12 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||SA446|
|Warranty Description||2 Years|
Delta SA446 Shopmaster 4-Inch Belt x 6-Inch Disc Bench Sander
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
Delta ShopMaster Model SA446 4" Belt/6" Disc Sander with a 1/3HP, 120V induction motor; tilting table with miter gage, back-stop, 60-grit sanding belt, 60-grit sanding disc, allen wrench and instruction manual. (For wood only.)
- Powerful, 1/3HP induction motor for long-lasting, smooth performance; totally enclosed in base to protect it from damaging dust.
- 3100 rpm disc speed and 2000 SFPM belt speed to handle just about any sanding job in hard soft woods.
- The tilting 6 1/8" X 8 7/8", die-cast aluminum table can be mounted for use on either the belt or the disc unit.
- Table tilts 45° for bevel sanding; compound angles can be achieved using standard-equipment miter gage.
- Handy belt tracking control knob.
- Belt operates horizontally, vertically and at any angle between 0° and 90°. End of belt can be used for convenient contour sanding.
- Adjustable/removable backstop for horizontal flat sanding.
- Die-cast aluminum base for stability with pre-drilled base holes to simplify bench mounting.
- Integral 2 1/4" I.D. dust spout for shop vacuum hook-up.
MOTOR: 1/3 HP
MOTOR CONTROL: Toggle switch with removable lock out key
Length: 4" X 36"(102 X 914 mm)
Speed: 2000 SFPM (609 SMPM)
Diameter: 6" )152 mm)
Speed: 3100 rpm
Height (in horizontal position): 11" (279 mm)
Depth: 15 1/4"(387 mm)
Length: 21 1/2"(546 mm)
WEIGHT: 33 lbs.(15 kg)
Two-year limited warranty on machines, parts, and accessories.
Top Customer Reviews
I've only found one small sander I like better- a slightly more expensive Ryobi with a belt that tilts vertically. But other than that there's not much to choose from between the two. An excellent value, and of course Delta's warranty and service in first rate.
Altogether it is a solid machine and good value for the money, better than a hobbyest machine like that hideous plastic Ryobi that costs more. This is a sander, not a grinder.
|Length: 0:21 Mins|
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have always loved Delta tools. I got this unit as a gift
and thought that it would be a pretty decent inexpensive piece of
equipment. Read more
I ordered this because I wanted to build some more stuff for my son. Since I usually lack the sanding patience, this was recommended to me for a necessity in any woodshop. Read morePublished on April 13, 2008 by D. Goolsby
I purchased a SA446 sander about 5 months ago and I've been using it very lightly since. I'm just a hobbyist and never used the machine for heavy-duty tasks. Read morePublished on January 23, 2007 by Roger
I've owned this sander for four months now and it has been down waiting for parts for two of those months. Read morePublished on July 8, 2006 by Patrick J. Mansfield
For the price this a very good sander, it handles jobs well within its limits. I am satisfied with this purchase and would recommend this sander to others who need a light duty... Read morePublished on March 21, 2006 by Richard Thompson
Cheaply made to say the least.
I have had this sander for less than a month and the plastic gear pulley is stripped. Even the slightest pressure bogs it down. Read more
I use this sander in my workshop. I am a grandfather and I have many small projects and craft articles to make for my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Read morePublished on March 8, 2006 by Rodney Prescott