A versatile all-in-one machine, this 4-inch belt sander lies horizontally for edge- and face-sanding without the runaway effort of a handheld belt sander, thanks to the sturdy, adjustable, and removable backstop. Or position the belt vertically (or at any angle between 0 and 90 degrees) for contour, bevel, and chamfer sanding--the tables on both sanders tilt to 45 degrees. Use the miter gauge, and you're able to sand in compound angles. The belt sands 2,000 surface feet per minute, and the disc rotates at 3,100 rpm for serious stock removal. A die-cast aluminum base offers stability at a remarkably spare 33 pounds. Predrilled base holes make mounting a simple task. Delta even provided a built-in 2-1/4-inch dust port for connection to a shop vacuum to keep your workshop air clean. Sure, handheld sanders have their place in a woodworker's shop, but add this to your collection and you won't know how you ever got along without it. --Kris Jensen-Van Heste
From the Manufacturer
Sand a variety of projects with this four-inch belt and six-inch disc sander. Powered by a 1/3-horsepower induction motor, this sander runs smoothly and has plenty of power for woodworking needs. The belt unit can be positioned horizontally for edge or face sanding or vertically for contour work or use with the tilting table. The tilting table installs in one of two positions for use with either the belt or disc units. The table tilts up to 45 degrees and has a slot for use with the miter gauge for angled work. A single dust port can be used for dust collection from either the disc or the belt and fits a standard 2-1/4-inch shop vacuum hose. Belt changes are simple with the tensioning lever and belt tracking control knob.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
Delta ShopMaster Model SA446 4" Belt/6" Disc Sander with a 1/3HP, 120V induction motor; tilting table with miter gage, back-stop, 60-grit sanding belt, 60-grit sanding disc, allen wrench and instruction manual. (For wood only.)
- Powerful, 1/3HP induction motor for long-lasting, smooth performance; totally enclosed in base to protect it from damaging dust.
- 3100 rpm disc speed and 2000 SFPM belt speed to handle just about any sanding job in hard soft woods.
- The tilting 6 1/8" X 8 7/8", die-cast aluminum table can be mounted for use on either the belt or the disc unit.
- Table tilts 45° for bevel sanding; compound angles can be achieved using standard-equipment miter gage.
- Handy belt tracking control knob.
- Belt operates horizontally, vertically and at any angle between 0° and 90°. End of belt can be used for convenient contour sanding.
- Adjustable/removable backstop for horizontal flat sanding.
- Die-cast aluminum base for stability with pre-drilled base holes to simplify bench mounting.
- Integral 2 1/4" I.D. dust spout for shop vacuum hook-up.
MOTOR: 1/3 HP
MOTOR CONTROL: Toggle switch with removable lock out key
Length: 4" X 36"(102 X 914 mm)
Speed: 2000 SFPM (609 SMPM)
Diameter: 6" )152 mm)
Speed: 3100 rpm
Height (in horizontal position): 11" (279 mm)
Depth: 15 1/4"(387 mm)
Length: 21 1/2"(546 mm)
WEIGHT: 33 lbs.(15 kg)
Two-year limited warranty on machines, parts, and accessories.