6,580 Reviews
 (2,383)

1,137 of 1,202 people found the following review helpful
Published on April 15, 2011 by E. Kim

1.0 out of 5 stars boo!
Does not sync, does not charge, doesn't do a damn thing. I have 32 gig iphone 3GS, cable is a waste O money!
Published on January 8, 2010 by Lizzychan

1,137 of 1,202 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Different Amazon vendors give different cables! Cellular 5 Star gave best. Importer520 cables were okay. Item44less were worst, April 15, 2011
This review is from: Delton Platinum USB 30-Pin Data Cable for iPhone 3GS/4/4S and iPod (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I compared the cable I received with my original iPhone 4 and 3 cables. I cannot tell any differences other than a slightly different feel of the rubber/plastic material along the cable length, which by the way also differs between my genuine Apple iphone 4 and 3 cables. Another reviewer posted pictures on Amazon in which the cable in question appeared to have a slightly wider or larger connectors, but mine are identical in size, and appearance.

I am very happy with this purchase and will purchase several more.

ADDENDUM April 20, 2011
=======================
After my initial great experience with the cable (that I ordered from Amazon's merchant Cellular 5 Star), I ordered 3 more cables, and did not realize that the "default" merchant had changed to Importer520. I just received these 3 cables and they look similar to genuine Apple cables at quick glance, but on closer inspection, they all had surface blemishes and slight irregularities. They also had a suspicious looking "Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China" stamped on the cable length.

The cable from Cellular 5 Star was of very good quality that I could NOT distinguish from genuine Apple cables, but the ones from Importer520 are slightly inferior. The feel of the cable length material is good though, in that it is supple. It will coil and uncoil without keeping the bent shape.

I have contacted Importer520 to see if I can get a refund, but their stated return policy states that they will not refund shipping costs, which when I ordered was almost all the purchase price.

ADDENDUM June 16, 2011
======================
I purchased another "OEM" cable, this time from Item44Less and this cable is the worst of the bunch. The length of the cable is made out of a rigid plastic that does not bend like the more supple rubber-like material of the genuine Apple cables or even from Cellular 5 Star or Importer520.

ADDENDUM September 2, 2011
==========================
I purchased another "OEM" cable, this time from C and J Accessories, which actually qualifies for Amazon Prime since their order fulfillment is through Amazon. This cable is clearly not authentic with the end that connects to the iPhone being larger by about 0.5 mm width and length. The other Amazon merchants cables were identical to design, but differed in quality. This cable actually differs in its design with its wider and thicker connector end. The length of the cable is also more plastic than a flexible rubber, compared to authentic Apple cables. I would say this is almost as bad as Item44Less.

ADDENDUM September 19, 2011
===========================
I purchased a cable from Niceeshop and it looks genuine except that the cable length material is not as supple as the genuine Apple cables. The cable length material is not as rigid as the Item44Less cable, but more inflexible (retaining bends) than the Importer520 cables.

SUMMARY (Ranked in order of similarity to an authentic Apple cable)
================================================================
1. Cellular 5 Star cables are the best and indistinguishable from my genuine Apple iPhone cables.
2. Importer520 is acceptable, but slightly inferior to Cellular 5 Star with some cosmetic blemishes. The cable length is made out of a high quality material.
3. Niceeshop is acceptable, but the cable length is not as supple as the Cellular 5 Star or Importer520.
4. C and J Accessories, although it qualifies for Amazon Prime, has its iPhone connector end as larger than the authentic one with a cheaper cable length material.
5. I would avoid Item44Less because of the rigid plastic cable material that does not bend and keeps the angular bent formation from its coiled position during shipping. The cable length material is the lowest quality (i.e. most plastic like) compared to the above four competitors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not an "Apple" cable but VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE! (see my pics for full visual comparison made 4/1/11), April 1, 2011
I browsed Amazon for weeks teetering between about 3 different sellers for my replacement dock cables for charging/syncing my iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and 160Gig iPod Classic. I found these cables to be the least expensive of the ones with predominately "good" reviews. There were a few people who said they got the "real thing" when they ordered the cables as "OEM Apple cables", a few people who said the cables were good but not "OEM Apple" quality, and finally there were a few who said to "stay away from these cables" because they tore up easily. I figured I'd chance it and order them. I am VERY PLEASED that I did. I ordered the cables 3/29/11 and was given a forecasted delivery date of 4/4 to 4/7/11. I received the cables today (4/1/11). VERY SPEEDY SHIPPING!!!! The cables were sent via USPS in a small brown envelope that was coated inside with bubble wrap. The cables were coiled up, much as anyone would coil a dock connector cable for storage with plastic wraps that were similar to the style wraps for the cables that come with all new Apple products. I was curious but kind of dreading opening the package because I just knew these cables would not fit my iPhone 4 with the bumper like just nearly every other "after market" cable I've seen. I was PLEASANTLY SURPRISED when I saw the design of these cables. They are as close to being "OEM Apple" cables as I've ever seen without actually being "Apple cables". They fit snugly in all of my iDevices, charge the 4, 3GS, and Classic with NO ISSUES. I tested the sync speed of the cable and found it rivals the speed of the newest "Apple cable" that was included with my iPhone 4 purchase back in July 2010. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE CABLES!!!! If you're an iPhone 4 owner who uses a bumper, GET THESE CABLES!!! THEY WORK!!! I've also taken "comparison" pictures and posted them to the "user pictures" on this item's display. Hope my review is helpful and thanks to everyone who writes these reviews and to everyone who reads them. Together we can help each other make sure we get what we pay for!
Brandon (Shreveport, LA)
***(More to come on their durability after I've used them a couple of months)***

***UPDATE 8/28/11***
Got these cables almost 5 months ago, one connects to my iMac, one to my wall charger, one to my XP machine at work, and one connects to my car charger. All are working and none have presented any issues so far. A friend was looking for similar cables but purchased them from a different seller and found they didn't fit his iPhone 4 bumper. I thought on it a bit and found an excellent resolution. Just get an emery board (flexible fingernail file) and file down the edges of the 30 pin connector. PRESTO it fits now! SO if the seller does change the type of cable that is being shipped and you get one that doesn't quite fit the iPhone 4 bumper, I can tell you (from experience) that it will not hurt to file the 30 pin connector to fit the bumper. Hope the review and this update are still helpful to people looking for new charge/sync cables.

***UPDATE 3/25/12***
Had the cables nearly a whole year now and still going strong. I haven't checked this post in a while now but I noticed there were some questions about sync speed. My original Apple cable for my iPhone finally went out on me so I replaced it with one of these. I sync to a Mac, I have a 32GB iPhone 4, and I keep a lot of stuff on my phone. If I erase it and have to sync it from scratch, we're looking a a couple of hours but just moving a few hundred songs around, some voice memos, pictures and stuff only takes a few minutes. The cables I got were definitely USB 2.0 cables. I also got one of the new iPads (3rd gen), it's 64GB and I use these cables to sync and charge it with no problems. I'm about to order a couple of extras for my iPad now and this time, I'll make sure to post the seller I get them from on the update about the new ones. Oh yeah, the cable I use in my car has gotten stepped on, spilled on, heat, cold, moisture, and even slammed in the door a couple of times... still going strong. No breaks, no kinks, no exposed wire at the ends, it's taken a beating for nearly a year and still works like a charm. Still highly recommend these cables.

1.0 out of 5 stars boo!, January 8, 2010
Lizzychan (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars The cable sent is not the cable shown., October 17, 2009
I ordered this cable because the image shows a real style Apple cable with rounded edges. I have an OtterBox case that requires a rounded edge cable in order to charge it. I received this cable and it is a generic square ended cable, which is completely useless to me. Though it might work it would require I remove the phone from the case every time I wanted to use it, which is not an option.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good inexpensive option, August 7, 2007
Apple provides a bare minimum of cabling with the iPhone. While this may be more than come with most phones, it's not really adequate for a multifunction device like the iPhone. For instance, I sync contacts and addresses with the macbook I use for business, sync music and videos with the media mac in my A/V system, pull photos off of the camera on the FreeBSD system on my desktop that I use for image processing, and finally would like to plug it into the wall overnight in my bedroom so I can listen to music before going to sleep - which also takes one of these cables. Apple wants $20 each for them. This cable works fine in all these roles, and at a fraction of the price, so I can actually have a cable everywhere I use one regularly and one to carry around without spending over 10% of the cost of the phone on extra cables.

It is different from the apple cable, in that it locks into place when you plug it in. This seems like a good idea, in that if you knock the phone off the table while it's plugged in, it'll hang on the end of the cord instead of hitting the floor. On the other hand, it makes unplugging the cable from the dock if you've got an audio cable in the dock as well difficult for my fat fingers.

I recommend shopping around if you want to order more than one, though. Many of the dealers charge both steep per-item and per-shipment shipping charges, so the cheapest vendor for a single one may well be more expensive than other vendors for more than one. I certainly found that to be true.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable without the APPLE price, August 8, 2011
Length:: 0:55 Mins

This video will show you this after market cable. It works great and it is not cheap construction either. Works on my iphone 4 and ipad. Charges great. It is the same size as the OEM cable from about which is about 3ft. Quality I would say they are about the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars BE AWARE... this cable WILL NOT charge your iPhone, February 23, 2008
This is advertized as a data transfer cable and guess what it works to transfer data. If you think since it looks exactly like the $30 cable from Apple it will also charge your iphone....IT WON'T.

1.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For, May 7, 2010
When my dog chewed through my iPhone adapter, I didn't want to spend $19 in the Apple store for a replacement. I considered replacing the dog, but instead I decided to find a cheap, compatible adapter. I found this one and I thought, "Well, if it doesn't work, I'm only out a couple bucks." I bought two of them, and the disadvantages were apparent right from the beginning.

First, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the business end of the cable is squared, not rounded. This wasn't a problem with my case, but it would be with others. Second, the construction and materials used leave a lot to be desired. There is no doubt when you look at this product that it is a cheap dollar store version, and that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in it. Finally, my phone would not sync with iTunes. Considering iPhone users need to sync their phones to get crucial updates, that is a big problem. However, the cord did charge my phone, so it wasn't a complete loss. Or so I thought.

Within a week, through normal use, I broke the iPhone connector end on my cord. The plastic case came apart, and a few of the components fell out into my hand. The rest I had to carefully remove from inside the port on my phone. After a little tinkering, I was able to put the cable's connector back together, but it didn't fasten tightly. I remedied this by wrapping two small hair elastics tightly around it. The second cord lasted a few weeks longer, only falling apart recently. I was unable to repair the second. But hey, when held together with duct tape, chewing gum, and rubber bands, I still had one cord that charged my phone! Until just now.

The rigged up, cheap, piece of you-know-what cord decided about an hour ago to stop charging my phone completely. I don't know why. The components in the rubber-banded end are still secure, the connection is good, and it's plugged into a reliable power source. It occurred to me that though I saved a few dollars, I paid for it in hassles. Don't waste your money on this inferior product. Inferior is not even a strong enough word for what this product is; I don't think there's a word in the dictionary that quite captures the essence of crap that is this cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars great non apple sync cord, November 3, 2010
this iphone sync cord works better than apple my original cord broke after two months the cover split at plug base,, this one does all the features charging and sync with computer for $3.00 you cant beat the priceB.T.O. sold these,... some cheap cords only charge read the descriptions this cord syncs and charges too and has oval plug to fit iphones in cases like original square plugs wont work with cases like otterbox defender

5.0 out of 5 stars Deal of the year, December 5, 2009
within days of a less than favorable review of this $.01 iPhone sync & charge cable, I received a call from the seller to inquire about the nature of my complaint. On my part, it was a minor inconvenience that the cable would sync but not charge. For a penny, I thought I got more than my moneys worth. He, however was dedicate to total customer satisfaction and I received a new cable, at no additional cost within 3 days.
That is Customer Service!

Rate and Discover Movies