5.0 out of 5 stars The best tripod ever.
I purchased this tripod to use with my Flip Ultra HD, and it is exactly what I needed.
DBROTH is a great supplier here on Amazon as well. I received my tripod the day after I ordered it, at a Standard Shipping rate.

There are a large number of features that make it almost hard to believe that this tripod is as cheap as it is.

The legs:...
Published on June 25, 2010 by Julian Kluk

3.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight
Published on May 27, 2012 by Cherri Trahan

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tripod ever., June 25, 2010
This review is from: Deluxe 57-inch Camera Tripod with Carrying CaseFor The Flip Video Ultra, UltraHD, Ultra 2nd Generation Camcorders (Electronics)

The legs:
They've got 2 different lock-clips that are sectioned off from each other, making it easier for you to get the height you want. At full-length, you can get some great aerial shots or eye-level, depending on your height.
Get a ruler and measure out 57", that's how tall it is.
The rubber bottoms even swivel around slightly to help reduce the risk of your tripod going flying on it's own.

The head:
It swivels in every single direction you could possibly want, and it even comes with multiple "bubble-levelers" so that you can see how level you are. (Like the kind you see in rulers when doing construction work)
You can lock it from moving forward-and-back by tightening the handle, and you can lock it from moving left-to-right by tightening the side-clip. This ensures that you camera never goes flying while you are taking the shot.

The verdict:
BUY THIS TRIPOD!
The carrying case that is comes with looks professional and is perfect to fit the tripod when it is compacted. It makes life so much easier to be able to sling it over my shoulder and walk to make videos, since we're out a lot.
The cleaning cloth it comes with is also very high-quality, and is very handy for lenses, laptop screens, and glasses alike.

Don't buy the crappy mini-tripods that Flip offers you, at a near-to-higher price at that. This tripod is way more versatile, way more professional, and overall wins in every aspect with flying colors.

And don't think that it only fits the Flip Ultra HD, because it also fits my Kodak EasyShare C180, and should fit the majority of camcorders and cameras. If you have a screw-bottom available on your device, then odds are it will work with this tripod.

I didn't have one negative thing to say about this tripod, and that speaks for itself, because I consider myself a tough critic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent with a few non-crippling faults., April 21, 2011
This is an excellent tripod and just what I was looking for. It comes out to 57", and I have not needed more. It is incredibly easy to fold down to two feet, although angeling to handle down is a bit tricky but easy once you get it. It is sturdy, light, and provides could support for a light camera. Don't go sticking any cameras larger than a typical home camcorder on it.

The only problem is that sometimes a couple random screws can come loose, but it never affects anything. Also, there is this black little piece on top that I mostly found annoying, but I think is supposed to help with balance. So, if you don't like it, just rip it out now because it's coming off soon anyways. But, again, that did not really affect anything, and if you don't like that piece, it actually made the tripod better.

So, overall, if you are a BEGINNING filmmaker, I highly recommend this camera. I would point a gun to your head and force you to buy it over other tripods.

For more advanced filmmakers, the tripod does not have the necessary weight to carry a good camera. It does not have measurements for height reference. It also does not have the full "steering" mobility that a higher quality tripod could provide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for your buck!, September 20, 2010
Great product. We use it with our Flip HD Ultra, works great, swivels, extends to almost 5 feet. easy to use, folds up to a fairly compact size and does not take up much space. Lightweight, steady and level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for simple projects, March 18, 2011
This tripod is a no frills piece of hardware, and it is a pretty good bargain for the price. The quality of the product is passable, but keep in mind that you won't find anything else like this for the rate that this item is going for. I bought mine after purchasing a Flip Ulta HD camcorder so I could take some home videos. Let me start off by saying that this is a VERY basic tripod, and the construction quality should be considered as such. The legs lock into place with plastic clamps, and there are no ruler markings on any of the extensions for height reference. Most of the mounting bracket and the crank that elevates the mounting platform are made of plastic, so don't plan on abusing this too much if you are an avid outdoor photographer. Also, I can't say that this thing would hold too much weight for more serious camera gear, so stick with the smaller cameras for this one.

The only real gripe that I have about this thing is that the unit I received from the vendor was clearly used, and I purchased it as new through this site. There were obvious signs of use (including a rock that was embedded in one of the rubber feet of the stand), but nothing was broken or worn to a degree that would make me return it. If I ever decide to get more serious about film, I will most likely buy a more professional tripod, but this one suits my needs well enough for now. What else can I say? This thing is worth the money especially since I see similar units on sale at retailers for two or three times the cost right now. I bought the tripod that was made for the Flip cam as well, but I don't like taking desktop videos and the legs are annoying to bend around to make the thing level all of the time. If you are making the choice between the mini Flip tripod and this, get this one instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Light Weight, May 27, 2012
Cherri Trahan (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I ordered this tripod knowing it was going to be flimsy. What do you expect for $15. I have professional tripods and know what a good tripod costs. This was to be used for a Flipcamera, a small video camera and it works very well with this lightweight camera. It would not be appropriate for larger cameras. It comes with a carrying bag and extends to a height that reaches eye level so you don't have to bend to look at the camera. For my purpose it works fine. If you're looking for a sturdy tripod expect to pay more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe 57" Tripod (Deluxe? lol) Not a bad buy for the money., February 15, 2012
Not a bad tripod for the money. There are a couple of things missing but overall a good value for the $15. ***Correction**** The Microfiber Cleaning Cloth was included in the shipment. However, it was taped to the outside of the box. Come on Amazon! How hard would it be to put it in the box?

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke before even using, May 28, 2013
Worst piece of crap bought. Clip on leg broke when I opened it to inspect it the very first time, which means I never used it. While trying to examine it to see what can be done another clip on another leg broke. Totally useless junk. Don't even think of buying. If you're lucky to get a few uses from it your luck will run out. Please avoid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits the bill, January 24, 2013
This is not a professional tripod. Great for occasional use. I would buy again if it was to break, good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe 57 - inch Camera Tripod - Flip Vedio, December 24, 2012
phyllis (CARROLLTON, GA, US) - See all my reviews
I would recomend this to a friend.
When I received this, I didn't want anything else for Christmas.
It is very detailed and lots of features. It even comes with a carring case.

All around love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, November 28, 2012
Matthew Gose (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
You can't be this tripod. Very easy to use, Sturdy and durable! You get much more than you pay for!

Rate and Discover Movies