Customer Discussions > 4 forum

'4' Deluxe Diamond Edition with Bonus Songs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 1, 2011 8:44:41 PM PDT
LuKasAV6 says:
Will there be a '4' Deluxe Diamond Edition with bonus songs released later this year? I am almost certain there will be.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 2:21:49 PM PDT
there's a Deluxe edition at Target with a bonus CD

Target Bonus CD track list
1. Lay Up Under Me
2. Schoolin' Life
3. Dance For You
4. Run The World (Girls) (Kaskade Club Remix)
5. Run The World (Girls) (RedTop Club Remix)
6. Run The World (Girls) (Jochen Simms Club Remix)
7. Run The World (Girls) (Video; Enhanced CD)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2011 6:05:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2011 10:47:29 AM PDT
Keith in NYC says:
Thanks for the info. These "deluxe editions" available only at certain stores are so annoying. It just makes the person buying the CD feel cheated if they were unaware of a similiarly priced "bonus" cd available right around the corner. There should be a required warning on the regular version telling people there's a deluxe version out there and available, only not at this store ;-)

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 1:31:35 PM PDT
it does get annoying.
I blame piracy for it.

when you open an entertainment item (music, movie, game), you're only entitled to "exchange for same item" with the receipt from the store you bought it from.

This is a way to get 1 paying customer to buy 2 copies. Someone who buys it at best buy, opens it to listen to it, then a day later, goes to target for something best buy doesn't sell and sees their exclusive deluxe edition just might be tempted to buy it again.

that's just how I see it because I certainly don't remember these special store editions in the 80s and 90s.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2011 10:00:16 AM PDT
Keith in NYC says:
I hear you. Unfortunately I think it actually encourages piracy, since now folks will wait to see what's all actually out there and then they'll download everything they want. They won't want to get burned by buying the "Wrong" version.

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 4:00:21 PM PDT
LuKasAV6 says:
Beyonce is going release a Super Special Deluxe Diamond CD/DVD Edition later this year.

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 1:33:15 PM PDT
good to know will wait for that version

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 8:24:28 AM PDT
Keith in NYC says:
Emma: definitely do that....I just heard them, and those songs (IMHO) are better than most of the tracks on the regular album. To be fair, I've listened to the album a few more times and some of the standard songs are growing on me a bit more. Have a great weekend. Hope you enjoy the album....the deluxe version ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2011 12:37:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2011 3:55:48 PM PDT
LuKasAV6 says:
I was being facetious. But I may not be too far off. Beyonce, Usher, & Gaga have milked their fans in the past by re-releasing CDs with bonus songs to boost sales. If I were a popular singer, I don't think I could have that mentality or blatant disregard for my fans. Oh well...

Posted on Jul 11, 2011 10:06:19 AM PDT
Mandy P. says:
Almost all artists I can think of have a few versions of their albums eventually. I remember buying Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift rereleses. The Target commercial ran a whole lot on tv and it runs before her videos on YouTube to let people know the deluxe version is at Target. I think that this is one of the best albums of the year and I do like the deluxe songs as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 1:37:17 PM PDT
Starr says:
You are a GOOD person! I share in your post's sentiments 100%! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2011 1:42:36 PM PDT
Starr says:
Not to mention, "I Am...Sasha Fierce" had about 5 versions, didn't it? I can't remember. I sold 'em all cuz I was so fed up with all the RE-releases. :-(
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  4 forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
4 by Beyonce (Audio CD - 2011)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (366)