Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 22, 2008
I cannot speak highly enough of the Dishwasher Alert! I buy them 5 or 6 at a time because I give them to everybody, plus I want to make sure I have an extra one on hand in case my current dishwasher dies and has to be replaced.

The one on my dishwasher has been there for about 7 years. It sticks in place perfectly, so you don't have to worry about it coming loose. If you have more than one person in your house, and even if it is just you and you are starting to get forgetful, you will find this to be an invaluable little tool! When you turn on the dishwasher, just slide it to 'clean' and when you put away the clean dishes slide it back to 'dirty'. It becomes a habit, and that is all you have to do.

I just gave away my last spare so I'm here looking for several more to have in stock. For the price it is more than a steal, and that's why I buy so many at a time because they are great to share with others.
on October 28, 2008
This is the best of all the options for the dishwasher "Are these dishes clean?" dilemma.

- It has double-sided tape instead of a magnet so it will stick to your stainless steel dishwasher just fine.

- It stays firmly set to "clean" or "dirty" ... no accidental changes every time you open the door.

- It's fairly thin, less than 1/2" so mine is actually installed on TOP of the door between the edge of the door and the countertop. This way it's not ugly and obtrusive on my pretty stainless dishwasher :-)
on July 23, 2010
I was looking for a "Clean/Dirty" dishwasher magnet when I realized that my dishwasher front is plastic. I read the reviews on this product and ordered two - one for my daughter and one for me.

The adhesive backing is very strong, and it is unlikely that it will ever come off. However, I was pleasantly surprised that my husband was able to move it to another spot on the dishwasher when he didn't place it correctly the first time.

It works as advertised. It requires a little effort to slide it back and forth, but it's certainly no big deal. It looks like it's a part of my dishwasher.
on May 17, 2009
I love that this has adhesive backing and is not magnetic, since I have a cat that loves to swat at things and knock them over. This is small and blends very well by the handle area of my dishwasher. Very convenient and easy to use - slides back and forth with ease so that everyone in the house knows the status of the dishes!
on December 10, 2015
Pros:
- stays on the setting you put it on (unlike many wheel versions)
- can be placed where you only see it when dishwasher is open (at least on my dishwasher)
- adhesive it came with is very effective
- I don't have to inspect the dishes to figure out whether it has been run!

Cons:
- training your husband to change the setting every time :)

When I stumbled across a similar product, I knew I needed something like this. If you have multiple people running the dishwasher and it isn't emptied immediately after it runs every time, it's easy to lose track of whether the dishes in there are clean or dirty. I'd open it and it would be half full... Ok, grab a dish to see if it's clean. Can't tell until I've looked at 3 dishes since we are those wierdos who thoroughly rinse every dish before it goes in. What a waste of time! I researched every style/brand of this kind of thing I could find. It seemed that most of the round ones would become turned on their own. Plus with a baby on the way, I knew it was just a matter of time before spinning the marker would be son's favorite past-time! I read in another review that this one could be mounted on top of the door or even on the side of the door, depending on your cabinet and counter-top placement -- it didn't have to be mounted garishly on the front of my pretty stainless steel dishwasher in easy reach of baby! I was able to mount mine on the top of the door so I see it only when I pull the door open. It's still stuck there tight after 14 months of use. Now, training your husband to change the setting on it consistently is a different matter. Instructions on this are not included with the product. (For me, I find it easy to remember to switch it to clean when I start it and to dirty when I empty it, particularly because I have it located just above the operating buttons.)
review image review image
on January 28, 2011
Whats in YOUR dishwasher? Stainless? Aluminum? Titanium? Brass? Copper?
If so - FORGET using a magnetic dishwasher indicator!
If you're not sure, CHECK with a magnet FIRST - then buy THIS one!
See my customer photos - this sticks on the top edge of your cabinet mounted dishwasher, and in MOST cases, will fit UNDER the counter edge with the door closed without binding IF you mount it far forward. Otherwise, you CAN stick it to the front surface of your dishwasher, but that's just a BIT more tacky. CHECK first - cuz once you stick it, you're DONE!
I did not have any problems with the little slider binding up - - and if it had, woulda been easy to remove it and trim it ever so slightly. My wife loves it - we wish we'd found it LOADS ago!
review image review image review image review image
on November 27, 2015
Good enough for the time being. If we stick with the washer that came with the house, I'll make my own clean/dirty sign eventually. Until then, this seems about as good as it gets.

Pros:
- No need for magnetic dishwasher. Works on wood, stainless, etc.
- Saves time. So glad I don't have to open the dishwasher every day to inspect for clean/dirty. It seems like a small thing, but it adds up.

Cons:
- screw install option not available, only sticker
- somewhat overwrought, yet seems almost flimsy
- not particularly readable (compared to available magnetic options)
on April 28, 2014
My sister had one of those spinning wheel type of dishwasher alerts fastened to her dishwasher door---the kind that you'd rotate so the word "CLEAN" would be on top when the dishes were clean, and likewise for the word "DIRTY". The problem with spinner alerts is that they are too easy to spin. If you bump into it or if a kid gets interested in it and decides to play with it, it's easy to forget whether the dishes are clean or dirty. So I knew I wanted an alert that had a sliding mechanism.

There are a couple of dishwasher alerts with sliding mechanisms available on Amazon, but I thought this was the best. It is made of plastic, so it will be more durable than a cardboard one. It also is unlikely to be switched accidentally, for two reasons: 1.) It requires a little effort to slide the alert back and forth between "CLEAN" and "DIRTY". This is a good thing. 2.) It fits neatly on the lip (edge) of the dishwasher door, nestled in the little space between the dishwasher and the counter ledge when the dishwasher is closed (so you don't see it unless you lean really close or pop the door open a bit).
on March 30, 2010
These are very functional, have an easy to slide cover that moves back-and-forth to indicate "CLEAN / DIRTY", it looks very nice (almost as if it were a part of the machine..why don't they make these manual indicators as part of the machines?) and it seems to be very durable. However, PLEASE BE AWARE that they are adhesive backed and would be "permanently" attached. Very useful and aesthetically pleasing; I bought two more to give to family.
on June 23, 2010
This product works great! First off, my hubby would leave dishes stacked on the kitchen counter, complaining that he could not tell when the dishwasher had clean or dirty dishes inside. Now he knows!

Second, our dishwasher is black and this indicator blends right in to look like an original part.

Third, I'm glad that it is stuck on, otherwise I imagine my dogs would have a great time batting it off onto the floor (New Toy!) and I'd be fishing it out from under the fridge every day.

Last, I would warn people with arthritis or other hand problems that on the item I received the sliding cover is pretty hard to move back and forth. I'm hoping it will break in over time. The slide fits very tight in the indicator and the little nubs to grip onto are very small. If you have hand problems, you may want to look at a differently designed product or mount this somewhere higher up (above dishwasher) so it is more ergonomic for you to work the slide.