Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Deluxe Shave Well Fog-free Shower Mirror - 33% Larger Than the Original Shave Well Mirror
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 5, 2013
Want to know the truth about this mirror, check out the picture i posted. Fogless eh? Please...Good luck trying to keep it from falling down, I had to purchase a 3rd party hook...
review image
2424 comments|166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2012
So after spending way too much time going to brick and mortar stores and online looking at various fog free shaving mirrors, I committed to this one. The smaller version had great reviews, but I liked the idea of it's slightly larger brother. Nothing to complain about. It is a mirror that is great for shaving in the shower with. I have no issues with fogging, but I placed it close enough to the shower so it always stays at shower temp. Just run it once under shower water on both sides like instructed and you're good to go. In the end, I didn't need a light, a radio, or some crazy mounting system. I just needed a good mirror and portability. This fits the bill. A razor hanger would be a welcome addition, but not attached to the mirror. I am quite okay without it.

If you need a good shave mirror, this or it's smaller version may be what you are looking for. Save yourself stress of researching so much and cash too. No need to get wrapped up in the gimmicks of the others. For under 15 bucks shipped, this was one of those things that was money well spent. I think the smaller version is less than 10 bucks.

UPDATE 02-03-2105: Since it has been over 2 years now with this mirror, I wanted to provide an update. The mirror itself is still in great shape. It's plastic, so obviously you don't want to use an abrasive to clean it. It has lived in my shower for the entire 2 years. The only issue I have found is that over time, the gray coating on the back of the mirror really wore off. I also noticed that as the coating wore off, the "fog free" aspect started to diminish as well. So it got me thinking that the rear coating plays a major role in the Fog-Free action.

Keep in mind that it has been 2 years so for the most part, other than the last few months or so, the mirror has been awesome.

THE SOLUTION: I happen to have spray Plasti-Dip laying around the garage...in gray as well. You can get this at Home Depot or Lowes for a few dollars if you don't. A few heavy coats applied to the back of the mirror and the mirror is Fog-Free again. In 2 more years, I will probably do it again. I just wanted to post up a way to bring your mirror back to life without having to buy a new one and throw a perfectly good one into the landfill.
22 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2012
Deluxe Shave Well Fog-free Shower. Mirror I started shaving in the shower more than 20 years ago, and all the while I've been in need of a mirror. Don't ask me why I didn't seek a solution sooner, as the quality of my shave frequently lacked. Then I found this great little mirror here at Amazon. No, it's not fancy, and it won't shave your face for you, but it is perfect for the purpose for which it is intended. Contrary to the single, 1-star review, there is nothing, whatsoever, wrong with the mirror that can't be attributed to anything beside user laziness. I like the fact that the mirror is made of plastic as I don't have to worry should I knock it off it's hook. That hook, which sticks to the wall of the shower, is both a simple means of hanging it, and more than effective for that purpose. The reflective surface of the mirror is clear, and void of any visual defects making it just what you need to see how close you are shaving to your sideburns, and to the edge of your nostrils. What more could you want, especially for such a reasonable price? The only problem with the mirror is one that is unavoidable with any such product, and results from spray from the shower head. The only way to avoid the problem is to turn off the shower (isn't going to happen in my shower). I simply grab the mirror, put it in the water stream from the shower head for a couple of seconds, and put it back on the hook. Problem solved. If you are looking for a well priced solution to the need for a shaving mirror in the shower, and you don't want to spend a lot of money, this mirror will do just fine.

*****SOLUTION TO SPRAY,AND FOGGING PROBLEM: Regardless of how well you pre-heat the mirror, if you spend enough time in the shower, this mirror will begin to fog, or accumulate spray from the shower head. A very easy, good solution, for those who use "Clean Shower", is to lightly spray the mirror. You don't have to put much on at all, just a light spray. Not only will the mirror remain free of fog, spray will just roll off. You will have to re-apply during your next shower, but as cheap as Clean Shower is, you'd be able to use a bottle for several months if you were using just on the mirror. At under $2.00 a bottle, that isn't a big deal. When you factor in the outrageous price of razor blades, vs. the price of the Clean Shower, and how much longer your razor blades will last shaving in the shower, you can easily see that it is a win, win deal.
1010 comments|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2012
Physics... it works! Who would've thought? :)

Top tip: Buy a pack of the 3M command hooks, which remove easily without leaving behind adhesive, to find the perfect hanging spot in your shower. It took me a couple of shots before I had the perfect height.
55 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2014
This is a very simple product…essentially it’s a mirror with a hole in it. The brilliance is that is really works. For 25 years I've been shaving in the shower – I even installed an overhead light in my shower. I have had everything from an elaborate Z’Fogless mirror from 20 years ago that I had to plumb into my shower head to more model versions by other manufacturers. This simple, inexpensive product works better than any of them. You just run it under the warm shower water for a few seconds, hang it back up and shave. If water drops start to stick just clean it and away they go. A cool thing about the Shave Well is that it's manufacturer, The Cumberland Companies, sent me an email when I made the purchase explaining, in easy to understand language, how to use the mirror. A really cool thing is that Shave Well mirrors are made in the USA by Sunshine Industries, part of The Arc Knox County (TN), a nonprofit organization committed to providing programs and services for people with intellectual disabilities, autism and learning disabilities.
on March 28, 2015
The backing started to peel within about 6 months, and the plastic does not lend itself to cleaning well. Buy a real glass mirror!
on May 29, 2015
Shaving in the shower is great. It saves a lot of time in preparation and cleanup. This product is subpar.

The good:
- Works as advertised, but no real magic here. Just hold the mirror under the running water for a second to reduce fogging.
- When it falls, it doesn't shatter.

The bad:
- It falls. I cleaned the tile with rubbing alcohol, waited for it to dry, and held the adhesive tight to the wall for a minute after placing it. It still fell after a couple months. I replaced the hook with a 3M hook.
- It looks cheap.
- The silver (mirror) scrapes off on the bottom just from hanging against the wall. Looks pretty trashy after six months.
review image
on July 10, 2015
False marketing. There isn't anything special about this mirror that makes it fog-free. :-( Directions with mirror: "To Eliminate fog hold mirror under shower stream to 'Warm it up'." You can do this with ANY mirror, and glass will hold heat longer!
on March 7, 2013
I followed the directions which made the mirror all wet. After wiping the mirror with my hand it was all wet smeared and hard to see in. I proceeded to shave, still working well enough for that, and my breath started to fog the mirror. Over the course of my shave I had to re-wet it multiple times and it still would fog up again after a few minutes. I'm still giving it three stars because it is really nice to have a mirror in the shower even if it's a lot more inconvenient to use than the product claims.

EDIT: A representative from the company wrote me and gave me tips on how to get more from the mirror. THANK YOU! Personal attention is worth so much these days. While my opinion of the product itself has not increased, my esteem for the company has improved dramatically! Thanks, again.
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2013
First, I was surprised at how small the mirror is, considering this is the deluxe model that is a third larger than the standard model. It's certainly big enough, but I would hate to have misjudged what size I'd need and ordered the smaller one.

Second, there is nothing special about this mirror that makes it "fog-free". You have to heat it up under hot water before use to prevent it from fogging, but that would work for any mirror. Nevertheless, fog inevitably appears on the mirror before I'm done shaving, even when I heat up both sides of the mirror for a full minute before I start.

Lastly, I have had this mirror for only one month, and the mirrored surface has flaked off about 1/8" from every edge. Next time, I'll just pick up a throwaway mirror from Walmart instead of paying $13 for another one of these.

Updated 7/28/15: Here are some photos of what it looks like now.