5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!
Published 19 months ago by legrand

1.0 out of 5 stars If Demi Lovato ever came up with an original chord progression, I think I'd have a heart attack
This is yet another triumph of marketing--as far as the actual MUSICAL CONTENT of this album is concerned, there is barely anything to speak of that even vaguely approaches QUALITY. The album seems badly made from a very fundamental point of view, with awkward transitions as if the producers can't even figure out how to maintain any kind of a bare bones groove. To be...
Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Demi (MP3 Music)
I've never really been a Demi fan, but this album just made me one. Before this album the only songs I know by Demi were "Skyscraper" and "Give your Heart A Break", which I liked. Every song in this album is just perfect, especially "Shouldn't Come Back" which is full of emotions and shows Demi's great voice and "Neon Lights" which is really catchy and could be her next big hit. Demi is a perfect role model for everyone, not just girls, she's a proof that not giving up leads to success and struggles will make you stronger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maturing with age, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Demi (Audio CD)
I believe each album Demi Lovato has released has each grown and grown more mature and more intimate. She opens a lot more in this cd about having a troubled past and I think maybe that's why this album is her best so far. Her voice is easily one of the best out there in the music business because hers is so real and so genuine and she puts so much feeling into the songs she sings and the songs she writes. I personally believe this is her best album she has yet to release if you were satisfied with Unbroken I know for a fact that you will love this album even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best recent pop albums + Demi's best yet, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Demi (Audio CD)
Demi Lovato's fourth album, "Demi", is her most consistent yet. Her previous three albums all had strong stuff, but also had a fair amount of weak points. This is the first album where I don't have to skip any tracks. The tracks are well-produced, well-written, and always show off Demi's talents as a vocalist. And Demi's vocals are stronger than ever.

"Demi" is a mix of upbeat songs and slow songs. Most of the songs concern love & relationships. Sometimes it's playful; other times the lyrics are reflective. It is a pure pop album, with shades of R&B and rock. She doesn't over-jump on the EDM bandwagon; only two songs have an electro-pop style. There are tracks that evoke Adele, Christina Aguilera, and Katy Perry.

Beside "Heart Attack" (which almost all of you have heard by now), "Made In the USA", "Without The Love", "Two Pieces", "Nightingale", "In Case" "Really Don't Care", "Shouldn't Come Back", and "Warrior" are the strongest tracks. "Made In The USA" and "Without The Love", like "Heart Attack", are catchy, playful songs. "Nightingale", "Two Pieces", and "In Case" are beautifully written, heartfelt ballads. "Really Don't Care" is peppy, upbeat song about living in the moment. "Shouldn't Come Back" and "Warrior" are the most personal songs. They are both about staying strong in adverse situations. Demi's emotions show in all the ballads and can be felt by the listener.

"Demi" is one of the best pure pop albums of the second decade of the 21 century so far. --Isa R Bufano

5.0 out of 5 stars Demi strikes while her iron is hot!, May 31, 2013
Andrew Ellington (I'm kind of everywhere) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Demi (Audio CD)
There is a shrine in my house to Demi Lovato. My five-year-old is somewhat obsessed, calls her the Queen of singing and pretty much considers her the greatest thing alive. So, when `Demi' was released we were at the store the same day to purchase the album and I think I've heard it about fifty times through since then.

I'm just really glad that this album is as good as it is.

Now, I can't heap all the Demi love on my daughter though, because she wouldn't know who Demi Lovato was if I hadn't become smitten with her after hearing `Skyscraper' and kept her last album on heavy rotation in our car. So, while I say that I got her new album for my daughter, she wasn't allowed to take the CD to her room until I uploaded it onto my computer.

Opening the album with the explosive `Heart Attack', Demi lets us know that she is leaning towards the pop influence of her last album instead of the more rock centric early efforts, and I'm happy about this. Her vocals and her edge certainly shine through heavier in this setting. That isn't to say that her rock influences aren't strong or that they aren't notable here as well, for she allows them to trickle into her album on some songs, but for me this is the Demi that I prefer. With lyrics that I'm not ashamed to have my daughter repeat, but that I can draw special meaning from as well, this album as a whole is extremely well thought out. She understands that she has a varied fan base and she plays to that strength. She has an appeal that can transcend age groups, and she has the talent to back up that following. Between her heartfelt delivery of weighty themes (`Shouldn't Come Back' is like a more tender and intimate `For the Love of a Daughter' and nearly brought me to tears) and her shiny vocals (never forsaking the grit that makes her human) and the bouncy love of a catchy tune, Demi Lovato proves with her latest offering that she is here to stay.

Her ballad work here is stunning, as expected. `Two Pieces' and `Nightingale' complement each other beautifully, one following the other and offering us a stripped down look at her beautiful voice, but it is `In Case' that really explodes on contact, giving me chills. I love the way that Demi's baritone comes through with such tenderness here. She doesn't have a deep voice by any means, but she has the ability to infuse it with such power.

She has her fair share of bouncy pop tunes here, like `Made in the USA' and the stellar `Without the Love', and the house influence on `Neon Lights' is perfectly used. I can totally see `Something That We're Not' turning into a big radio hit for her. The only qualms I have with this song are the lackluster `Really Don't Care'. The beats sound ripped from `Starships' and the fact that Cher Lloyd does barely a thing is disappointing. I also hated the chorus of `Never Been Hurt'. It is the only point on the album where Demi's vocals sound unfortunate.

So, I'm really happy here. I was afraid that my love of `Unbroken' was going to make this album a disappointment for me, but it has proven to be just as good if not better than her last album and a certain complement to it. I have them both on my iPod and they frequent our outings since Demi is the one artist everyone in my family can agree on loving!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing no doubt!, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Demi (MP3 Music)
She is absolutely the realist artist there is out there, her music has the power to turn my crappy day into a bearable one & knowing that she is a flawed human just like the rest of us and that she is not afraid to show it makes me respect her that much more! Talented artist!

4.0 out of 5 stars True talent, May 25, 2013
Alan Ramirez (Monterrey, Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Demi (Audio CD)
As a Demi fan, I was dissapointed with Unbroken, I didn't liked it at all but I was still a fan. So I was hoping that her next album would be better and it is! "Demi" has a different range of songs: party songs (not all of them, in my opinion are good, just fillers or probably commercial songs that eventually will become singles) like "Neon Lights", "Really Don't Care", "Something That We're Not", strong songs like "Heart Attack", and the ones that really make this album worth the buy and they show her amazing voice like "Made in the USA", "Nightingale", "In Case", "Shouldn't Come Back" and "Warrior", and not only her voice, but the meaningful lyrics and the arrangements were pretty good. I think Demi still has a lot to show, her early demos show an amazing voice, so I think she should move to another label as soon as possible, Hollywood Records always holds back their artists and I think Demi can easily find another label with her talent.

Overall, I think it's a great improvement from Unbroken, I can see more involvement from her and the lyrics feel more human and less generic. Any Demi fan won't be dissapointed with her new album, and even people that are not her fan they will enjoy it. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album! Her best by far!, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Demi (MP3 Music)
I love it because her voice is so strong and powerful and the beats are just amazing. My personal favorite songs are Neon Lights, Warrior, Heart Attack,FireStarter and Made in the USA.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good!, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Demi (MP3 Music)
I like the majority of the songs, and she has a really good voice! I like it better than her last album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Demi, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Demi (Audio CD)
Demi Lovato's fourth edition to her musical career, DEMI, doesn't reveal any starving-for-light-confessions or any major risks--the upbeat tempo alternates between sweet and sassy. Critics will say that this particular album is more or less a stepping stone Demi is using to figure out what her style as a musical artist is. I am not a big fan of Demi Lovato, but when I heard this album, I immediately fell in love with the songs. The songs are upbeat and uplifting which are so different from the music she typically showcases.

4.0 out of 5 stars The first four songs, July 1, 2013
This review is from: Demi (Audio CD)
The first four songs ...Great! The rest of the CD Eh.... not so much. Liked Unbroken all the way through!

Demi
Demi by Demi Lovato (Audio CD - 2013)