Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Demitri's Classic Bloody Mary Seasoning Mix - 16 oz
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Classic Recipe|Size: 16 oz|Change

on September 3, 2012
About four years ago I went on a Bloody Mary rampage. I was determined to find the best and boy did I. I tried bloody mary's from every where. Homemade to bar to fine dinning restaurants. I even bought numerous books on the subject and ordered every premix I could find. I finally ran across this mix at a small beer brewer in St Augustine, FL...I instantly knew it was unbeatable in flavor, freshness, and spice. I figured it was homemade, so I asked how they made it. The bartender laughed and pulled out a large bottle of Demitris Original....It was love at first sight. He said it was simple just mix it will good quality tomato juice an presto perfect bloody mary...I couldn't believe it. So I ordered me a half gallon. I think at that time that was the smallest they had available for the public. Instantly perfect Bloody Mary. Since then I've began to understand why it was impossible to get a perfect bloody mary from the premixes. After the tomato juice is added the mixture becomes unstable. Even if you mix up a big batch of this stuff you should use it up in a couple days or it want taste as good. Remember a little goes a long way. This stuff is supper concentrated.
on March 12, 2011
I can unequivocally say that a Bloody Mary made using Dimitri's Bloody Mary Seasoning--either the Classic Recipe or the Classic plus horseradish--will be the best Bloody Mary you will ever taste bar none! My husband and I both feel that we have never experienced such great Bloody Marys in any restaurant or bar in our entire lives and we're in our sixties! If you've ever tried to make one yourself and been consistently disappointed because it turned out too hot, too bland, too spicy or not spicy enough, you will know what I mean. With Dimitri's it makes a CONSISTENT TASTY Bloody Mary EVERY TIME and it doesn't matter whether you are using plain tomato juice or V-8 juice. Buyers should note--this is not a Bloody Mary Mix like Mr & Mrs. T's. Dimitri's is a Bloody Mary Seasoning mix in liquid form that you ADD to the tomato juice=creating an instant, tangy, completely ready to go Bloody Mary. And once you have tasted it you will never go back to mixing them from scratch and you will toss all your Mr. & Mrs. T's out the door! You won't find Dimitri's in most grocery or liquor stores, so buying it here is a great find! And it's cheaper at Amazon than it is on Dimitri's own website. So, if you want a superlative Bloody Mary that both you and your friends will rave about when you invite them over, make it with Dimitri's! You will become an instant fan for life! And don't forget to add a hot dilly bean, celery stick or marinated asparagus stalk to the drink! It's great!
on April 10, 2012
I'll start this review with a confession: I am a Bloody Mary snob. My friends and I spent the majority of our college years in pursuit of the perfect Bloody Mary recipe. After enough trial and error to give any mere mortal cirrhosis, we came up with what we consider the Best Bloody Mary In The Universe(tm).

Because of that, I am glad that Demitri's is not as good as ours. But dammit, it is close. Really close. The only issue I have is that the Classic Recipe is a bit tame for my taste. I am aware that Demitri has a couple of spicier versions but for the sake of my ego, I don't think I'll try 'em anytime soon.

If you're looking for an easy and delicious Bloody Mary mix, look no further.
88 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2011
This mix is really really good. One of the reasons we like it so much is that we can add "low-sodium" tomato juice to it and cut down our salt intake a bit. We love our Bloody Marys, but always felt some guilt about all the salt. This mix helps, plus it is as good as any pre-mix we have tried. I highly recommend it!
on February 9, 2011
Demitri's Mix is incredible. Just buy any generic tomato juice in the can, and add a bit of this mix, and you have an instant mix. This is extremely tasty, and I highly recommend it.
I buy it to make Michelada's (your favorite lager beer + bloody mary mix). Salt your glass, add salt on the rim, and ice cubes. Pour in the Mary Mix to fill half of your glass, add a dash of lime juice and Tabasco, and top off with your favorite Lager Beer. O M G. Yum-O.
on January 16, 2013
Was disappointed to find that these were so small, but after seeing that a little goes a long way I put that feeling to rest.

Originally bought these for a "Bloody Mary Fest" I was having with some buddies and there was plenty left over. These ended up lasting for another month or so (probably go through about 5 marys a week due to friends on the weekends).

While I thought the price may have been a little steep, in the end I felt like I got more than my moneys worth. Might buy again after trying some other variations on one of my favorite drinks.
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2014
This is very yummy, you only need a little bit so don't be misled by the size. I definitely recommend using a low sodium tomato juice! So far extra horseradish is my favorite. It's great for parties, satisfy a lot of various palates.
on July 17, 2011
Even low sodium V8 makes a good Bloody Mary with this stuff. Use 1 cup tomato or Veg juice with 1 Tablespoon mix, add 1.5 oz vodka and you are there.
on July 23, 2014
Ok, so maybe making your own from scratch is the best way, but if you're in a situation where you need to use a prepared mix then this is the stuff to use! I was going to a vacation rental and didn't want to deal with bringing a variety of spices for the trip. I sampled a few other brands - Zing Zang and Dr. Swami's and Demitri's was BY FAR better! Has the right balance of tanginess, zip, and spice, but if you like it super zippy then I guess adding some xtra horseradish would work unless you get the one that has the extra already in it. I like the idea of having control over the type of tomato juice and used low sodium, which when mixed with about 1 tablespoon of this seasoning to 8 oz of tomato juice and of course some vodka makes a delicious drink.
on August 6, 2014
Makes you seem like a boss when you make bloody marys for other people. They be all like "DAMMMNNN THIS IS DELICIOUS". And you can sit back and be like "yeah, I'm the realest".