Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Demo Impressions Grand Slam Tennis 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 13, 2012 9:45:08 AM PST
Slo-Hand says:
I tried this demo and found the graphics to be good not great and the controls were workable. My major problem is the camera angles. Most of the time you are viewing from 150-200 feet away. I wanted a more close up immersive experience so I'm passing on this but I'd like to hear other impressions.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 12:59:25 AM PST
The graphics and physics suffer from the default EA Sports material. Player models are too plasticky and while they resemble their real life counterparts they're below 2k's Top Spin. The players' momentum is also poorly implemented and everyone just moves way too quickly and change directions impossibly quickly too. Lastly the shot stick is great BUT ball placement feels a bit limited as well as it basically being impossible to hit it out of bounds.

Final thoughts: It's definitely an arcade fun kind of game, should be a good buy for $35 and under.

ps: I had no assists turned on.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 4:01:10 PM PDT
Totally agreed with you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 13, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Slam Tennis 2 - Playstation 3
Grand Slam Tennis 2 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars (60)