Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 7, 2011 5:07:17 PM PDT
H. Amireh says:
The demo for this game comes out on October 18. http://www.needforspeed.com/post/need-speed-run-demo-announced-oct-18th?source=therun

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 5:16:02 AM PDT
Demo is absolute garbage. You can't really drift, collisions look stupid and your car (LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO) feels like a piece of crap. Hot Pursuit way FAR SUPERIOR. Pre-order canceled, and I was really looking forward to this.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 8:07:30 AM PDT
diesel says:
try the other car

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 9:48:27 AM PDT
Tried that. It's not the car that mishandles, it's the programming. This feels like a ps2 game, not this generation.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 4:03:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2011 4:06:09 PM PDT
H. Amireh says:
The demo was a little worse than expected, but i still liked it, especially the second race. I'm not yet sure if i should still get this game or not....its just that ive been so hyped up for this game

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 8:02:10 PM PDT
PapitoSabe says:
i watched a bit of the gameplay trailer and i've liked the NFS games, but this one looks HORRIBLE...reminded me of Outrun..

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 9:20:41 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
i was excited about getting this game, but the demo was a big let down.

Car handling is a mixture of Hot Pursuit and the most horrible NFS game, Undercover. Thanks again Black Box, you guys sure know how to put out bad NFS games.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 11:15:37 AM PDT
R. Typo says:
The demo was fun, while I would have preferred the straight up mechanics of Hot Pursuit, I feel that what they have in the demo is solid enough. The changing, and destructive environments are a lot of fun and provide an intense experience.

Now, the game is likely going to be a Black Friday deal, so it will be worth the $35. At least if Hot Pursuit last year was any indication.

Posted on Oct 23, 2011 6:57:45 PM PDT
The demo was so bad, I don't even know if I can say anything good about it really. Damn, I sometimes wish that franchise would find its way out of the garbage can sometimes, some of the older ones were so fun to play.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2011 4:22:34 PM PDT
H. Amireh says:
My thoughts exactly!

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 12:14:05 PM PDT
Bob A. Booey says:
I've been playing NFS: Hot Pursuit and liking it a lot... so when I played this demo for 'The Run' I could tell right away it was made by a different dev team. It just feels different, looks different and doesn't play as well/fun as other NFS games. Totally turned off by the demo to be honest. I'll stick with Hot Pursuit and it's awesomeness.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 12:57:32 PM PDT
J. S Thomas says:
Ive played NFS HP since release last year....was getting back up to speed on drifting...then tried the demo...I couldnt really drift as well....i thought the handling was good, but drifting was not...I dunno if im going to order or not yet...will try demo a few more times...i like the concept of a cross country race....if not I will have NFS HP and SKYRIM for the holidays....

Posted on Nov 7, 2011 6:24:50 AM PST
Marvelous says:
For someone who has always been a fan of NFS, you should know that NFS series has never been about drifting. Criterion games are the ones that changed this based on their series Burnout; it was a nice mix up with the NFS series, but all the old Hot Pursuits, Most Wanted and undergrounds never based it on drifting.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Oct 7, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Need for Speed: The Run - Xbox 360
Need for Speed: The Run - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (146)