Customer Discussions > Spec Ops: The Line - Xbox 360 forum

Demo was really good

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 9, 2012 8:13:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 26, 2012 12:08:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 9:12:46 AM PDT
i agree. i hope the demo convinced people who had doubts to buy it.

Posted on May 9, 2012 6:29:53 PM PDT
B. Bayer says:
I honestly wasn't impressed. Graphics were solid, but I thought the aiming was a bit clunky. MO though.

Posted on May 10, 2012 5:49:05 AM PDT
E. Nash says:
I like the demo, but if the game was cheaper it would sell more for them.
I am not sure about the Multiplay though.
I was on the fence with ME3's multiplay and I actually like that now.

Posted on May 11, 2012 2:06:28 AM PDT
Lower the Price to 40 and I'm sold.

Posted on May 11, 2012 10:54:11 AM PDT
T. Adams says:
Meh, this game looks like it handles like Gears of War, which I'm not really a fan of. Maybe if I had my hands on the demo I'd buy it but for now, I'm skeptical.

Posted on May 12, 2012 11:13:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 11:15:04 AM PDT
Billyin4C says:
just because its a cover third person shooter doesn't mean its gears of wars. this is nothing like gears of war. play the demo, which is out, and use the old saying don't judge a book by its cover. the games setting is great and looks fantastic, and it almost plays more like a GRAW than gears of war. you can give commands and everything, but its a little too fast paced to really be a tactical shooter. however, the overall gameplay was very well done and for the person who said the aiming is clunking, if you can't point a dot at someone and fire you shouldn't be playing a shooter to begin with. also if all games would drop to $40 at release we'd all buy them thats just stupid to suggest for a game thats not out yet. if you want $40 games at release go play portables.

Posted on May 12, 2012 9:27:59 PM PDT
I was also pleasantly surprised by the demo. I wasn't expecting much just because we haven't heard a whole lot about the game but it immediately shot up to the top of my most wanted list.

@ B. Bayer - I thought the aiming was a little off too and I didn't check if the demo had sensitivity options but I know the full game will so I'm not really worried.

@ E. Nash - the issue with lowering the price is that the $40 price mark currently has a bad reputation. Right now because $60 is the standard, if you release a $40 game it is immediately thought of as a budget title that is worth skipping until it hits the bargain bin. For those of us who have played the demo it would be a non-issue because we would know that it is well worth the $40, but the majority of consumers would probably skip it altogether. There have just been far too many horrible $40 games for developers to want to associate themselves with. Be honest, how many brand new $40 games do you pay a lot of attention to? We would all love lower priced games, but right now it just isn't a smart business move. If it isn't worth $60 to you, that's fair enough, just wait until it's inevitably on sale somewhere a month after it releases.

@ T. Adams - if you own a console why can't you get your hands on the demo? FYI - It handles like Gears of War in the fact that it is a 3rd person cover based shooter, it does not handle like Gears of War as a "weighty" controls, slow moving giant characters game...Not really sure which part of Gears you're not a fan of but that is my break down. The demo was probably one of the best experiences I have had with a 3rd person cover based shooter.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 10:36:28 PM PDT
Nothing like gears of war. Gears is sluggish and slow, this is smooth.

Posted on May 14, 2012 3:40:03 PM PDT
Isaac C says:
I liked the demo a lot as well, but- by far the best graphics you've seen in a game? Huh.

Posted on May 15, 2012 5:41:31 AM PDT
If you want a lower price, buy Binary Domain. Its a great third person cover shooter that no one knows about. It is fantastic!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 4:46:34 PM PDT
Binary is a good game not fantastic. Short story and terrible multiplayer.

Posted on May 19, 2012 9:21:22 PM PDT
I enjoyed the demo and I have it pre ordered the demo was from E3 2010 so yes it's an old build the full game will look even better

Posted on May 24, 2012 11:52:30 AM PDT
J. Johnson says:
I really enjoyed the gameplay and cut-scenes the demo displayed.
The graphics were very good: not the best but certainly not the worst either.
I do like the more realistic feel of 1-2 bullets for a kill.
But at no time did I ever feel like I was playing a GoW game.

I think this game's strongest elements are its story and personality.
Nolan North was a great choice for the voice of the Captain.
(he was the voice of Nathan Drake in the "Uncharted" Series)

I'm a huge fan of "Apocalypse Now" though, so I'm a little... hesitant, I guess.
Taking that famous storyline and moving it from Vietnam to the Middle East is a big risk.
So I guess I'm waiting to hear some reviews before I give up my $60 for it...
But if they did make it work successfully, then I think it should definitely be $60 :-)

Cheers.

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:28:16 PM PDT
OoAK says:
I enjoyed the demo. If it ends up having a long campaign i'll buy it. If not i'll wait for a significant price drop.

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:27:04 PM PDT
B. Bayer says:
It wasn't just the controls. IMO I just didn't really enjoy the gameplay either. Don't get me wrong, Max Payne 3 and other games like it were great, but this just wasn't up to that par.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 12:16:21 PM PDT
fairlane32 says:
Just played the demo this morning. I thought the cut scene's graphics were terrible, in-game they were much better, go figure. The gameplay was good except if you're sprinting; I couldn't easily turn Walker with my sticks (right stick by default) to change direction while sprinting. It was annoying. I'm wondering if, since this was only a demo, (they display a 'warning' that the demo's 'features' probably won't be in the finished product, and 'in that order' - or something similar) things will change in the finished product? If that's true, then a demo really isn't representative of what you should expect to see in the released game; It could be better, or it could be worse - you don't know. And if I decide to gamble $60 on the slim chance that things may or may not improve? What am I missing....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 5:52:29 PM PDT
Go back and read that warning again...I just played the demo again because I was trying to see if there was any difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of the game before I make my buying decision (Just in case there are some 360 fanboys in here that would just automatically say their version would be better because all multi-platform titles are better on 360 I can tell you that is not true with this game. I honestly paused one and went back to the other and they look identical from what my eyes can tell, and neither have noticeable framerate drops either). Anyway, the warning essentially says that the events of the demo won't happen in that order in the final game. It doesn't say anything about the possibility that some things won't be in the game at all. It's only trying to say that the demo does not follow the chronological order of the final game, I don't think the word "features" was even used.

You also obviously haven't paid much attention to the opening screens in demos before either because EVERY demo, and I'm not even exaggerating, has a similar warning and they actual say "This demo is not representative of the final product." How long have you been gaming if you think the final product could possibly be worse than the demo?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 6:57:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 6:57:23 PM PDT
D. J. Cook says:
Nothing wrong with a "short" story. Tight story means zero filler and a game that gets to the point right away. The sooner people like you realize that not every damn game needs to be 40 hours just because, filled with pointless sidequests, the better off tons of games will be.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:08:42 AM PDT
F to the Z says:
@Brian R. Gieseke which version will you be buying? I cant decide ps3 or xbox.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:29:13 AM PDT
WildOat says:
I can't decide which copy either. I'll wait for the verdict from lens of truth. But if it goes as normal, as with most first person shooters, Xbox will be the way to go. Cept', this is a 3rd person shooter.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 12:02:47 PM PDT
Kirk Travel says:
The game looks great. The demo is good. If you can't decide go by what controller feels best to your preference. Typically most shooters I play end up to be on the 360 for me. This is because of two things, Xbox Live's Online Service & the 360's controller.

Whatever the platform, have a good time. I know that I will enjoy this game! :]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:24:31 PM PDT
Nathaniel says:
what are the other great third person cover shooters?

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 9:31:41 PM PDT
M. Weir says:
I didn't play the demo - how is the frame rate in this game? From the handful of videos I saw it looked a little rough. Visually though it looked really good. I have both systems but Unreal engine games tend to do slightly better on the Xbox so I'm not sure which version to get. Did anybody play the demo on both PS3 and xbox?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:27:17 AM PDT
S. Cooper says:
I didn't notice any frame-rate issues while playing the 360 version. Can't comment on the PS3 since I don't have one.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  May 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Spec Ops: The Line - Xbox 360
Spec Ops: The Line - Xbox 360 by 2K (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (104)