Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 7, 2012
I'm aways interested what Jesse has to say about politics. His book shows that there is no difference between the Democrats or Republicans. Both parties have sold out to special to the interest groups. We have an Independent candidate Paul White running for Arkansas State Senate District 18 that is giving both parties headaches. It isn't a Democrat or Republican issue, it is an American issue. The book confirms a lot of the issues I had questions about. Our current Senator in Arkansas District 18 received $4,000 from Arkansas Dental PAC voting for the toxic Fluoride Mandate bill Act 197. The same Senator also received over $12,000 from cooperate members of American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) for voting model legislation written by ALEC. Yes, Jesse's book reaffirmed my findings. Be sure to read other books written by Jesse Ventura. You won't be sorry. I wasn't.
on November 8, 2012
Jesse explains not only how the 2 party system is corrupt and restrictive, but also delves into other issues (such as post office, enron, California blackouts, prisons) and presents a very believable scenario of how it's all linked to $$ and corruption. Some of it borders on conspiracy theory, but it's still important to expose oneself to the possibilities. I, for one, am a believer. I wish more people would take time to read Ventura and Ron Paul's writings.
on December 7, 2012
Why in the heck would anyone do that?

This year I am giving my very special people a copy of this book (and saving one for myself).

People are not buying thought provoking books like they use to and that is why we as a country are in the mess we are in.

Our current government sucks big time. They are like street gangs - except like Jesse says, they take a 1m dollar bribe they gain power, money, women and other perks...............sell one ounce of marijuana and you go to jail.

Lead a country into war under false pretenses, killing millions and leaving millions of children orphans and you get to retire to a 99,000 acre ranch in Paraguay - kill one person here and you don't have an expensive lawyer and you fry in a chair.

The year we had a cleaning lady - we paid less in taxes than her (and we had our taxes done professionally/legally).

Americans better wake up.

My Nephew in Law flies billionaires in their private planes and they don't have to take off their shoes and belts and go through a scanner.

Don't get me started on Bill Clinton, the CIA and the connection these two have with incoming drugs.

Again, Americans had better wake up and fast - and Americans better start getting some back bone or 90% of us are headed for "elimination"...........read the Georgia Guide Stones and listen to Reagan, Bush Sr., and Bush Jr., talk about the New World Order.

Jesse is street smart. His book pulls no punches and I'm sure my one doctor will find some of his language offensive - but he calls it like he sees it and his foresight is right on the money.

Since my job of 16 years was out sourced to India, I've been fortunate enough to read - and mainly I read social, political, psychological and history books.

Our current government has lied to us and sold us out, most of them are a bunch of snakes in suits (another good book here at Amazon).

Jesse Ventura, while he is a little gruff on video for my taste, tells it like it is.

A country held hostage and run by a two party system of thugs (gangsters).
on October 24, 2012
It's a sad state of affairs when I used to think of this guy as just a crazy, wrestler, and couldn't understand why anyone would vote him in to be governor. And a governor of a state. Ahhh... but then again, I was young and naive, and still believed in our system of government. Then there was 9-11, and many questions have gone un-answered! I saw my first "conspiracy" video in 2007, and did further research to see if there was any shred of truth in it. In the middle of my own research, we had the banking collapse, and I got to hear first hand how crooked the banks, and the mortgage industry was, and still is. Now, nothing surprisss me. The greed of the gangs running our government and corporations knows no bounds.

I especially like Jesse's show Conspiracy Theory. His research is amazing, interesting, and very informative. I used to see Jesee V., as a crazy man, and today he has become one of my heros.

I met an ex-lobbyist about 3 years ago, and I asked him "Who do we vote for?" He said, "Nobody. Don't vote for any of them".

Study the now defunct mortage company Ameriquest, and take a look at its founder - Roland Arnall. When Pres. George Bush Jr. nominated this guy to be Ambassador of the Netherlands, Ameriquest bussed about 100 people, offsite, where they shredded pallets of documents for about a month. (You'll probably never hear about it, but it happened) The Netherlands rejected his application, and Roland died while he was under investigation. (How convenient) Why wouold George Bush want his name attached to a guy like this? You gotta wonder, how much money did this guy contribute to George Bush? I heard it was millions. (Too bad all we hear about is Countrywide. Ameriquest deserves a lot of recognition as well for the mortgage mess. The crooks runninng this company are still around, and walking about freely. They should be behind bars. This is just another sign of how things work here in America.
on June 12, 2012
This book is great, jesse really did it this time. Its so true that both political parties have the same agenda whether you like it or not an they try so hard to show the differences of the parties
on October 5, 2012
You must read this book, everyone should. I will have my 12 year old son read it because knowledge is power and that is what we as the people are lacking. This book is filled with jaw dropping facts and eye opening statistics, so, do yourself a service and get informed!
on March 24, 2013
The politicians operate under very little over site from the 99% group as out lined in this book. Keep up the good work, Jesse.
Another interesting read is a book by Peter Schweizer, Throw Them All Out. It details how some of these politicians operate.
on December 10, 2012
I don't agree with many of Jesse Ventura's little point. On the big one, corruption in Washington, we sing harmony. This is a thought provoking, well researched, compelling read for any thinking person. Elections have consequences.
on March 2, 2014
Where is it one can find a book that the author sees through clear glasses and not rose colored ones? Jesse Ventura, Navy frogman, Pro wrestler, politician, and philosopher---- cites a multitude of concepts in this book. The intelligent person who reads this may all ready be aware of how our Republic has been hi-jacked for the last hundred years or more---Jesse merely puts the icing on the cake by the various sources he names and the tales he espouses about how this was accomplished and how to turn it around.

Got to love this guy!
on October 19, 2012
Jesse hits a home run with this book. He comes out swinging and hits both
parties where it hurts. If you ever wondered what the washington political
machine was doing for the middle and lower class this is the book to read.
Loved it from start to finish. His research and commentary is spot on. The
only way we can change the machine is to vote out the career politicians each
and every time they come up for reelection. Don,t believe me? Read this book.
People better wake up and realize that they are not running this country.
Big business and religious right are major players in the manipulation of
governmental decisions. WAKE UP AMERICA OR YOU WILL LOSE MOST OF YOUR