5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading.
Liberals can't refute her book with facts or evidence, only smears. God bless Ann Courter. She is actually doing something - something serious and significant - to try to save this country.
Published 7 months ago by Jay White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a real book: buy her other works
I'm probably Ann's biggest fan, but this is not a real book. It is a collection of quotations from her earlier books and other sources. While the idea of providing her enemies a reference volume so they can quote her more accurately is fun, it makes for dull reading. The best parts are the introductions to each section that are new materal.
Published on November 9, 2007 by Matthew Carruth

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading., April 12, 2014
This review is from: If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a real book: buy her other works, November 9, 2007

2.0 out of 5 stars Ann Coulter fan who hates this book, December 31, 2007
I have all Ann's other books and I returned this one after buying it. This isn't anything new or any real writing on Coulter's part, its a collection of what other people have said about her with a few comments written in by Coulter. This is an absolute rip off and I'm positively fuming that I spent money on this book which isn't worth it at all. I like her work and when she really WRITES she does a great job. But this is not writing or anything else by Coulter, it amounts to a damn scrapbook that costs $25.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading, March 23, 2014
I always watch whenever she is on TV and when I saw that she had written this book - I needed to get it at once. I really enjoyed reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book by and Excellent Writer!, February 23, 2014
This book is excellently written and also has a lot of humor too! Ann Coulter is an excellent writer and speaker!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do I need to read all of it?, June 15, 2009
Ann Coulter must be a good writer. After all, her title alone caught my eye as I was browsing the shelves of the airport bookstore while I was waiting for my flight.

As soon as I opened the book, however, I was disappointed to find only a brief prose before a huge collection of quotes making up entire chapters. This in itself, quite frankly, doesn't make the book worth my money.

Since, I'm in the middle politically; I wasn't all that concerned about the political bias from the right. It was to be expected.

However, as a Christian, there is one thing that got my goat. Since I was aware that the book was not P.C., I have no excuse for having my toes stepped on, but I'm actually referring to a quote that's actually found on the back of the book (meaning this line was used for promotional purposes: "God said, `Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

Yes, I'm sure "rape" is definitely something God would tell people...

3.0 out of 5 stars Just a bunch of quotes, April 17, 2008
I thought I was going to be getting an actual book with a lot of good arguments, backed up by political insight and observations. But it turns out, this book is just a compilation of a bunch of Ann Coulter's quotes from previous articles, books, or lectures. I read about half the book, then got bored from brain destimulation. For my first Coulter book, this was a big disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to enjoy this book...but couldn't swallow the logic., August 7, 2009
Coulter cites very few "facts," and the ones she does cite are transparently flimsy. For example, "80% of prison inmates came from single-mother households." That may be a fact, but she didn't mention that 70% of African-American, law-abiding citizens came from single-mother households. A few decades ago, over 90% of inmates came from two-parent households.
She might as well have said, over 90% of inmates were fed bread as children. Then she could have spent the rest of the chapter arguing to ban bread (without ever remembering the bread-eaters who aren't in prison).

I always find it annoying when someone makes "facts" or the results of a study misleading. Coulter does this deliberately. The most annoying quality about this author is how she whimpers about how all liberals (without any reference to examples) can't think logically and don't care about facts, when her facts are misleading or dead wrong. I defy someone, PLEASE, to give me one conclusion from her book that was logically sound. On every page I wanted to scream, not because I hate her ideology (I'm not a "liberal"), but her jello legs of logic supporting it.

EDIT: Thank you, republicans, for revealing your scientifically careless thinking in the comments to this review. Here is my hurried response:

Anyone who has taken a course in statistics would instantly ask the obvious questions,

"How many law-abiding citizens came from single-parent homes?"

"Since most prison-inmates (at least 80%) come from poorer socioeconomic backgrounds; and since people in such backgrounds are less likely to have at least two involved parents, less likely to have quality education, less likely to have good hospitals, less likely to have accessible birth control, more likely to have a child out of wedlock for religious reasons, did the uncited study control for socioeconomic background? No."

Crime rates go up when ice cream sales go up. According to such thinkers like Coulter, we ought to ban ice cream. Can you see why both go up at the same time, and both go down together as well? Neither causes the other. They are both caused by a third, confounding variable. For you commenters who haven't taken a statistics course, the confounding variable is THE WEATHER.

It's not 80%, but her implicit assumption is that

A. (all) Normal people are raised in normal, traditional, two-parent households.
B. Single-parent households are RARE.
C. Most criminals are reared in single-parent households.

Two of her premises may be false. A and B. Especially B.
Single-parent households are NOT rare.

More important is that there are other factors that confound the inmate/law-abiding outcome.
Even if 100% of law-abiding citizens came from nuclear families and 100% of criminals came from single-parent households, this STILL would not prove that there was something about single-parent households that tends to create criminals.
You could make everyone come from a nuclear family and there would still be just as many criminals.
How can this be?
Because something else caused both the single parent situation and the criminal behavior.
Poverty causes the single-parent situation,
and poverty causes criminal behavior.
Therefore, the single-parent phenomenon is another EFFECT, it's not a CAUSE.

4.0 out of 5 stars good humor, October 21, 2007
D. Busch (Corpus Christi) - See all my reviews
Should be in the comedy or humor section instead of politics. Different format from her other books. The bottom line is Ann Coulter is funny, funny, funny. This is a book to be taken on roadtrips where you can read the bullets out loud to your "carload" and make their sodas come out of their noses. Later, when the message sinks in and you realize that she is usually spot on with her on-liners, it hurts a little bit as you realize that the truth hurts.

5.0 out of 5 stars B. P. T. (Australia), October 19, 2007
Conservative saleswoman of the year, Ann Coulter, believes that if Democrats had brains, they'd all be Republicans by now.

Looking for a laugh? Here are some of my favourite lines (from her book of quotations) you'll be reciting for years:

1. My favourite: "Scratch a `civil libertarian,' find a fascist." -page 4

2. "Liberals will pass laws to protect children from `secondhand smoke' but not from being doused with poisonous saline solution or having their skulls crushed in the womb." - page 38

3. "Guns are our friends because in a country without guns, I'm what's known as `prey.' All females are." - page 125

4. "Morality matters, not polls. In 1938, the polls were not very strong for doing anything in World War II." - page 138

5. "Luxuriating in the warmth of mainstream media admiration, liberal saints get crazier and crazier. They're "beloved," we're `divisive'." - page 183

6. "People who say `everybody does it' are announcing nothing more than the implacable fact that they do it." - page 211

7. "Alger Hiss is the epitome of liberalism: long on Ivy League credentials. Short on character." - page 198

Funny and searingly controversial, If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans challenges the much-ballyhooed "Golden Age" of Clintonism too. Connecticut's Confucius says (page 61): "What actually happened during the Clinton presidency? No one can remember anything about it except the bimbos, the lies, and the felonies. Fittingly, in the final analysis, Clinton will not be remembered for what he did as president, but for who he did." I'll say.

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans
If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann Coulter (Paperback - August 26, 2008)
$13.95 $11.83