Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 10, 2012
Shipping was super fast! I am a woman's size 7.5/8 and bought a size 6 of these boots. They fit great, and very comfy. There was still a bit room for movement at the front, so I added an insole for extra comfort. Perfect and flattering. They make my legs look leaner and longer. At first, I was scared that the front of the shoe might be really bulky and big-looking, giving the impression of clown shoes, but they aren't. They look really awesome, especially in photographs. I was also scared that my calves would not fit since my calf diameter is between 14.5-15 inches. I know, yikes! But after playing around with the laces and buckles, everything looks and fits just fine. And like I said before, they make your legs look leaner. Anyone who has a bigger diameter than me might want to think twice before buying these boots though, because I was just able to fit into them just right.
on June 9, 2014
I got these boots yesterday and have only worn them for a day, but here are my first impressions.

Before I ordered them, I read the reviews and most people said that the boots were far too large and recommended ordering one size smaller. I'm a men's size 11 (US) and decided to get a size 10. When the boots arrived, I was taken aback by how large they are. They are quite simply massive - and I mean MASSIVE, and also heavy. It took an hour of fumbling to get them to fit me just right, and that involved:

1) Tying all the laces
2) Piercing more holes in the straps to allow for a tighter and better fit
3) Fastening all the buckles
4) and lastly, zipping the shoes up.

When I first put the shoes on, I noticed that they were very roomy indeed, but the length of the shoe was somewhat true to size. I then realised that the sizing issue with these boots is limited to the width of them, as in - they're abnormally wide, but the length itself is true to your shoe size. The front of the shoe is very roomy and spacious because of the way the shoe's shaped, and that's a plus because it allows for you to wiggle your toes and stuff. However, I would caution against sizing down because my toes sometimes brush against the front of the shoe when I walk, and that's a minor annoyance. If I had gotten my size (11), I'd have more space length-wise but the width would have been too much, so that's a dilemma - although insoles and padding can help with that. I'm happy with a size 10 though because I don't need any insoles or padding or any of that stuff.

The material is okay. It's not the greatest (not real leather), but it's pretty decent for the price and it looks like it could take a beating. The shoes take some getting used to - they're not really easy to walk in, they're quite heavy, and I stumbled a couple of times because the additional height (the platforms are about 3.5in/9cm) was new to me. I'm 5'11/6' and I'm about 6'2-6'3 with these on. They're still rather comfortable though because of the extra space around your toes. You might consider getting some insoles because the soles are not the softest and walking long distances in these shoes can make your feet hurt.

A word of caution: These shoes will get you a lot of attention. I went to town today and a lot of people stared at me, one lady even sneered, but I have a tough skin so I don't let myself get bothered, although it could be too much for some people. It's sad how unhappy they are with themselves that they choose to hate on others for being themselves. Oh well. These shoes are amazing. And I'm happy to be an individual. Get them and you'll regret nothing.

*EDIT* -----UPDATE: 2 WEEKS LATER-----

I've been doing a fair bit of walking in these boots and I have concluded that if you are a guy, do NOT buy a size down. Get your regular shoe size. My toes knock into the front part of the shoe quite often and I regret ordering the boots a size smaller. It's not that much of a big deal but I would have definitely preferred a 11, even with the additional hassle of an insole. You're going to require an insole regardless because walking long distances in these can make your feet hurt.
on February 17, 2013
These boots are super cute! I bought them for a Halloween costume, but I've worn them to work and out other places because I just love them so much! The platforms are rather high, but despite this the boots are fairly comfortable. I don't, however, recommend wearing them for a 9 hour shift on your feet the whole day. They're comparatively comfortable for what they are, but they're no Clarks.
on August 14, 2015
When I received these boots in the mail, I was ecstatic. I'd been waiting somewhere shy of five days to finally open the door and see them on my doorstep. You can imagine my delight at waking up from a nap to see a massive box sitting on the stoop, knowing what was inside.
First let's talk about the packaging. They came in a shoe box, the label on top deeming that they were indeed the boots. Open them up and they were separated by a cardboard lining with individual wrappings for each boot. Nice.
Now comes the meat and potatoes of this venture: putting them on. Firstly it took around fifteen minutes for me to lace and unbuckle the both of them and another twenty to put just one of them on. The fit was, well, a little too large and especially spacious in the toe but they are easy to walk around in so long as you mind where you're putting your feet.
Now, my calves are quite large and I will have to put another hole in the top straps in order for them to buckle, and if you have large calves like myself you might find some difficulty in lacing them up. If you use the standard lacing method you might not even be able to loop them through the top loops.
For this I recommend the double helix lace.
All and all very nice boots. The shine is something I quite enjoy and there were no imperfections.
Here is the part where I offer some advice: if you want these boots to last, zip them up before you lace them and be sure to completely unlace and unbuckle them before you take them off/put them back on. The zipper may seem strong, but put enough pressure on it and no doubt it'll break. Trust me on this I've ruined a pair of boots by thinking I could just zip them on without unlacing them.
on January 27, 2016
So I've been wanting a pair of boots like these for years now, but the platforms are always too tall for my liking. I'm a tall girl as it is (5'7") so I bought the men's version of these because they have a smaller platform, and at a size 5 (women's size 7 - 7.5) they fit perfectly! They arrived two days sooner than expected, and are in pristine condition.
To add - this isn't an issue but something to keep in mind - the box is huge! It was half my size!! Haha.

All of this would usually lead me to give 5 stars, however I found a small nail in the heel of one of them! I went to put it on and it poked me!! Thank goodness I noticed it right away, because it could have drawn blood given the angle it was at. However I have a very strong feeling that it was no more than a simple, random accident. I'm thinking it was put there to hold the boot together during production (maybe during sewing or gluing?) and was just accidentally left in. I'm still overall extremely happy with my purchase, and I would definitely order again! :)
review image review image
on March 12, 2016
I have purchased several of these boots and am never disappointed. Trashville is a good series. No arch support is provided or needed these are good platform boots. These are flashy, look great and are excellent to dance in. :)
on July 2, 2014
So, I ordered these because of the prime and price. Sadly, I didn't care for them.

The height is great. The overall style concept is great. The material is thin and feels really cheap. The fit is strange. The width of the toe area left my foot swimming in space.

I returned the boots and bought a more expensive pair, boxer 205's.
on December 8, 2011
.. Did I just rhyme? Oh, well. Very nice boots, though I must say the scuff a little easy. Also, the ankles were a bit tight, but with some adjustments of the straps and laces they fit perfectly. The area for the toes is very roomy, but the rest wraps nicely around the leg. Currently, they are my favorite pair of shoes.
on November 10, 2015
I love these shoes so much! I would love to wear them everyday, but they aren't very practical and they kind of stick out. I live in Alaska so for the winter, they wont work out. The only problem with these boots is the calf is super small, my calf measures 14.5 inches around, I was worried because I spent a good deal of money on them, but I got them to zip up by adjusting the laces. Also it took forever to lace these boots up! They are pretty tight on my calf but on my ankle and foot I have a lot more space. I also think they are super comfortable, but be careful driving in them, and also going up and down stairs, you might want to practice! They are great but if your calf is bigger than 14.5 inches you might not be able to wear these boots laced up all the way, I can bearly wear them with skinny jeans or knee high socks, they are super tight in the calf! I am surprised these are made for men, I would think the calf would be man size! haha! I hope this helped!
on November 4, 2015
Boots are amazing! When I first received them I had to spend a little time adjusting the buckles and laces. I wasn't to sure if i was going to like them on because the toe part is very wide. But once I had them on they looked awesome! They are super comfortable, wore them for hours with no problem. Very easy to walk in too the platform is perfect! I usually wear a size 8 or 8 1/2 in boots I ordered a mens 6 and they fit great. Theres some extra room around the toe perfect for wearing thicker socks.
review image