Demon's Souls with Soundtrack CD - Playstation 3
- For a limited time, get this fantastic collector's bundle with full soundtrack - a must for any fan!
- Combining the best features of an action game and RPG, you'll slice, smash, shoot, and cast magic against some of the most horrible, vicious enemies ever encountered
- Network features go far beyond any previous RPG, allowing players to leave hints for each other, replay death scenes, cooperatively revive dead players, or invade and wreak havoc in another's game
- Not merely an add-on feature, multiplayer options are vast, and uniquely focused on changing and intensifying the single player experience
- The open-ended structure of the game means that there is no single path, but rather a wealth of options
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Hey, I apologize in advance for the super-long review but this is an immense game so maybe it deserves a long review. I'll see if I can abbreviate it a little but I'm afraid it will stay 'long' no matter what I do.
Hmmm... I worked so hard to bring my beloved Uchigatana to a +6 but now Ben, Bladwin's brother - they are both blacksmiths - suggests that I give it to him and he's going to make a Crescent Uchigatana +1 out of it. A PLUS ONE out of my +6? Yes, my kids advise, go for it. While it's true that the Plus One Crescent does only 75 damage vs. my +6's 153, my current level of magic 35 should add at least 92 points of magic attack to the physical damage and, with the help of a few dozen Darkmoon stones (lots of Grim Reapers had to die for me to harvest them) and less than 10,000 souls (a bargain) I can immediately upgrade it to Crescent +3 and with THAT weapon, my friends, it only takes one quick slash to dispose of a silver skeleton and I can do away more than half a dozen low-level zombies with one swing. And, did I mention that it will slowly restore my MP (magic points) while I'm wearing it so I don't really need to keep the Fragrant Ring on and I could use the Sharp Magic ring instead to further boosts my magic strengths including Uchigatana's power but, true, it WILL lower my magic defenses. Or use the Thieves' Ring while in Queen's Tower prison so that the lovely bell-ringing octopus-head prison guards (good looking girls with a passion for electrocuting and stabbing while hugging you tight) won't notice me. And the Thieves' Ring seems to do well with those giant flying stingrays.Read more ›
The game is sort of like a massively upgraded Kings field if you ever played those games with a bit more RPG elements (you can control what kind of combat your character uses, which spells etc much more) and way better combat. The game is quite long and has good replay potential as you try out different "class" combinations. It also allows you to play online with others very easily in both a PVP and co-operative environment. The boss fights are pretty awesome and I would consider this game an absolute steal at $30 or less. I highly recommend it.
- Well Designed Levels - Each level is paced perfectly, has great enemy placement, and is packed with atmosphere.
- The Overworld Hub - Adding more life to the game, you'll have a hub where you can interact with NPC's and such.
- The Online System - Demon's Souls has an innovative online system that allows you to leave messages in the environment and much more.
- The Gameplay - The gameplay in Demon's Souls -- especially the moment-to-moment combat -- has real weight to it. It feels satifying. Each blow and dodge/roll truly matters.
- The Difficulty - Demon's Souls isn't an easy game, but it rewards patience, which rewards skill in return. If you die, it's your mistake. You have to master each level, but it's 100% possible.
- Some Odd Ragdoll Effects - Whenever you kill an enemy, if you walk over the enemy, its body will move all around as if there was no weight to it.
- Not The Most Polished - I ran across some graphical oddities and some small glitches.
Other than a few flaws, Demon's Souls comes highly recommend. And at its current price, this game is a no-brainer. Buy it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't be scared by its reputation for difficulty. It's a lot easier than some of the old NES games from the 80s. Modern gamers are just spoiled by easy games. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Zac
Solid game that doesn't cater to the easy. It took me forever to figure out how this game worked and once I did, I was hooked. Read morePublished on October 17, 2013 by Spawnie7
This game is certainly challenging as hell but rewarding at the same time as well. This game is NOT for everyone but it certainly is worth playing if you are a fan of 3rd person... Read morePublished on March 21, 2013 by Tetris911
Havent gotten very far but its definitely a challenge. The visuals are stunning and online play leaves surprises around every corner.Published on December 28, 2012 by D. Bryan
This is a great game, one of the best melee combat games I have ever played. It is totally not a button smasher, to succeed at the game you need to consider every move and... Read morePublished on December 15, 2011 by Fazle Khan
Yeah, it's not easy and I died..a lot. But whenever you beat a boss, or overcame odds that seemed impossible, that feeling is what makes Demon Soul's so great. Read morePublished on August 19, 2011 by bostonlean
I wanted to like this game, but I simply just "meh" when I am playing it.
Making something hard is ok, but making it hard for the sake of being hard, that is just... Read more
Amazing game. Beautiful and deep from beginning to end. Endlessly entertaining, and full of rewarding challenges. Best game on the Playstation 3.Published on July 21, 2011 by that one dude