Designed for cooks to have their favorite recipes at their fingertips, the Demy Kitchen Safe Touchscreen Recipe Reader from Key Ingredient holds your personal recipe collection in one compact, sleek device. Rather than risk splashing or spilling ingredients on your laptop or trying to read a smartphone's tiny screen while following a recipe, the Demy is designed to thrive in the unpredictable and often messy kitchen environment. It offers a splash-resistant design and sturdy plastic exterior that's easy to clean. Spills easily wipe off the sealed touchscreen with a damp cloth.
A powerful kitchen tool, the Demy can store up to 2500 recipes, has a splash-resistant, auto-rotating 7-inch touchscreen display, and includes three kitchen timer and quick conversions.
The Demy includes a high-resolution 7-inch touchscreen with an intuitive graphical navigation interface and easily adjustable font size. The Demy only takes up as much space as a 5 by 7-inch card, and you can stand the Demy on its end--automatically flipping the screen-- to that it only takes up the space of a 3 x 5 card. Other features include three built-in timers, measurement conversion tool and a handy list of ingredient substitutions.
It stores up to 2500 of your favorite recipes, and the device syncs up to your keyingredient.com account just by plugging it into the USB on your computer. At the Key Ingredient web site, you can build your free personal recipe collection by typing in, copying and pasting, import from other sites, or select from over 100,000 tested recipes already posted on the site. The Demy includes an AC adapter and USB cable.
- Store up to 2500 recipes. Have all of your personal, favorite and road tested recipes right at your fingertips--all available in your kitchen. The Demy syncs up to your keyingredient.com account just by plugging it into the USB on your computer.
- Two different viewing angles. The Demy only takes up as much space as a 5 x 7 card. Still need more space? Stand your Demy on end. The screen flips automatically, and it only takes up the space of a 3 x 5 card
- Designed to meet the demands of a busy kitchen. The splash-resistant design and sturdy plastic exterior make it easy to clean. Spills easily wipe off the sealed touchscreen with a damp cloth.
- A virtual library of every recipe in your Demy. Accessing your recipes has never been easier. Jump to any letter in your recipe collection with just one tap. You can also organize your collection into cookbooks on keyingredient.com
- Adjust font size as needed. Tap Demy's "Font Size" button and enlarge text until your eyes are comfortable.
- Quickly access your favorite recipes. Making a brunch or a complex holiday meal? Simply find each recipe you want and add it to your Short List. They'll be waiting for you on a short list that you can easily flip through as you cook.
- Three built-in timers. No need to juggle cooking times as the Demy comes with three built-in timers, which notify you with flashes and tones as each cooking time expires.
- Milliliters to teaspoons and ounces to grams. Don't remember how many ounces are in a pound? The Demy's conversion tool will quickly convert your portions from one measurement to another.
- Thorough list of ingredient alternatives. No need to make the emergency trips to the grocery store or delay meal time for one missing ingredient. Quickly access a list of ingredient substitutions that will save the day.
The Cookbooks page is a shortcut to all of your recipes organized into cookbooks (see larger image).
The Ingredient Substitution list includes over 200 tough to find ingredients along with substitution suggestions that can get you by in a pinch (see larger image).
Time three different recipes at once (see larger image).
The convert feature allows you to make common cooking weight and volume conversions (see larger image).
- Microsoft Windows XP or Vista operating system; Apple Mac OS X 10.5 operating system or later
- IE 6+, Firefox or Safari web browser
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
What's in the Box
This package includes the Demy, battery, AC adapter, USB cable, quick start guide, and warranty information. The Demy is covered by a 90-day warranty, which can be extended to 2 years with purchase of the optional Demy Care Plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get recipes on the Demy?
Spills easily wipe off the sealed touchscreen with a damp cloth.
The Demy is powered by keyingredient.com, the best site on the internet for you to find, create, share and collect your recipes. Membership is free and getting started is easy. Once you have a keyingredient.com account, you can use recipes from the Key Ingredient site or use your own recipes by typing them in or by sending your hard copy recipes to be transcribed for you using scanmyrecipes.com. Then, simply plug the Demy USB cable into your Mac or PC and the Demy automatically syncs your recipe collection from keyingredient.com.
Are my recipes kept private?
You can choose to preserve your recipes as a completely private collection or you can select some or all of your recipes to be shared with a just a few selected friends or even to the public.
What does kitchen-safe mean?
The Demy was created to meet the demands of a busy kitchen. Its splash-resistant design and sturdy plastic exterior make it easy to clean. Spills and smudges easily wipe off the sealed touchscreen with a damp cloth. The Demy has been tested to withstand splashes, but should never be submerged or placed under running water.
Is it dangerous to have an electric device like the Demy in the kitchen?
No, the Demy has been tested safe for normal kitchen use. However, like most electric kitchen appliances, it should not be submerged or placed in running or standing water.
How do I clean the Demy?
No special cloths or liquids are required to clean the Demy. A soft, damp cloth will work fine.