5.0 out of 5 stars Most comprehensive and easy-to-read OBE book I've read
Published on September 24, 2012 by Astral NaviGator

3.0 out of 5 stars Video tells it all
You really don't have to buy the book if you watched his videos on YouTube. He says the same thing. I felt as though it was a bit of a waste of money. But I suppose it is worth having in your library for aesthetic purposes.
Published 14 months ago by DM Suja

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comprehensive and easy-to-read OBE book I've read, September 24, 2012
Astral NaviGator (Gainesville, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Demystifying the Out-of-Body Experience: A Practical Manual for Exploration and Personal Evolution (Paperback)
This is a relatively large book because it goes well beyond techniques (though there are quite a few, including some good ones I had never read about) - it also discusses WHY OBE's are relevant to even day-to-day life, spiritual development ("evolution"), and treats important aspects like ethical matters and how we can learn more about spirit guides and life purpose. All these topics typically get avoided by technical people and are the realm of mystical writers. Minero manages to talk about some of the most important spiritual topics, through the lens of his experiences with OBE, subtle energy, and psychic phenomena, in a very natural, rational way. He defends that the OBE can be verified scientifically, but points out that the individual can verify by his/her direct experience and guides one step by step through the process. I've read several other works on OBE, but I have to say this is hands down the clearest, most compelling and complete one (short of the encyclopedic but not nearly as accessible Projectiology by Dr. Vieira). It is well organized, reminding me of some good college textbooks, but it is far more interesting than most. It has so much information, it really is like taking a course, though.

It appears this is the first major publication by Minero, but you can see he has quietly been developing his significant expertise through the years. I look forward to reading more by this author. It would be interesting to read more about scientific experiments in this field and the applications in other fields, as OBE's can be such a well of original thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected!, September 29, 2012
I pre-orderd and got it a week ago. I must say, this book explains a lot of what I have experienced. I have felt these "take-off" sensations since I was little and they always scared me. Finding out that are normal helps a lot. I have even tried some techniques. With the elongation I could feel my arm coming out. Keep trying.
None of the other books on Astral Travel that I read before, could explain as clearly what dimensions are, how they are created and structured and where people go after they die, why some stay ghosts and others not. Why some people have conscious OBEs and many people don't. Why some dimensions feel good and others not so much. Even why awareness is different from person to person and how all of this process of evolution and reincarnation really works without using religious beliefs. It connects so many things that I have read and also has a ton of new information. I had a lot of "aha" moments. I'm not religious, but I feel a lot of things and somewhat psychic and I always knew that there is more to life than just be here, work and survive. I really love the examples, tables and illustrations. It makes it fun to read. Some ideas made me think a lot. I also like that this book talks about maturity, ethics and helping others, which is important to me. It seems that he has a lot of experience. He goes deeper into psychology and also answered some of my philosophical questions, but in a very practical and rational way. I am fascinated with the afterlife and near-death-experiences and I always wondered how come NDErs can have these "super senses" and sometimes "super awareness". We can actually learn to astral travel, have the same experiences and see and feel what NDErs always talk about. That is just amazing. If you want to die consciously and know what happens you have to read this book. There are actually 3 stages of death, imagine. Also the astral body, paragenetics and memory explains why some children remember their past lives and how birth marks or scars can appear on the new body matching the wounds of the previous body (I read another book about this, really interesting). Wow. This makes so much sense. Why don't we learn this stuff in school???
One suggestions though: There are a lot of technical words, so I definitely suggest you read it from front to back, otherwise - if you just browse and read sections - you won't understand certain words. They are new, I guess. I gave two books to my friends in London who are also astral enthusiasts. Who knew that they have these schools and that they have been around so long. This book definitely inspired me to take the classes, because at home I have too much craziness to practice and I want to find out what my life purpose is. This is definitely a must read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, September 20, 2012
I'm so glad this book came out early (was expecting it). Really cool and well written. I've read several books on OBEs, and I would certainly recommend it. The writing is so clear, and besides new techniques, the information on using the OBEs for evolution really opened my eyes (I liked his word "cosmoethics"). I hadn't thought of many things written there, and which makes much sense. I personally don't have a problem withe death (I think :-) ), but I liked the section on why OBEs are safe, as well as the part about non-physical dimensions. For me the most interesting thing were the areas where the non-physical being are discussed. Not just the good ones, like angels (they are called hepers here), but the bad ones (wow, that was eye opening!). Really very complete and very, very helpful in many ways. BTW, try step-counting technique :-).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guidebook for Your Existence, December 12, 2012
Mr. Minero's well-written and easily understood book stands out as a classic for me, as it has helped me understand the reasons behind many things in life. With only one pre-requisite, you are open-minded and receptive to new concepts or interpretations of life, this book could become a guidebook for your existence. It is beautifully written and succeeds in simplifying complex concepts. I find it convincing that we are all evolving toward a more perfect "consciousness" that sees everyone as equal and has as its most supreme goal to help others to evolve. This is a must read for all of us who want to accelerate our evolution to be better human beings. Thank you, Mr. Minero, for writing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet, December 3, 2012
I truly enjoyed this book. The author clearly has an in-depth understanding of the topics covered and does an excellent job of conveying them.
One section I found particularly interesting was the explanation of the connections between having OBE's and developing our level of ethics...some great examples there.
I also found myself deeply into the how-to sections and techniques, which I am utilizing and impressed with the results. This is clearly the most easy-to-read, well-developed instructional book on the topic to date.
Thank-you, Mr. Minero.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical book, November 28, 2012
It's an very good book. It's a book for someone who would like to start the study of the reality beyond the physical world. Despite the new vocabulary proposed, the book introduces the more subtle reality in a very clear and direct way, asking us not to believe in what it's written, but to try it and give us ways to try on our own. I really enjoy a lot doing at home some exercises the book proposes. My thanks to the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Much Needed Manual for Beginners and Experts, May 8, 2013
S. Lynn (Columbia, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This is one of those accidental purchases because I did not know anything about the author or the IAC before I picked up this book. I happened to be searching on YouTube and came across a few lectures from Luis. One of those was an interview where he was talking about his book, and I really enjoyed his style. So, I initially went looking on B&N for the digital version and found that they did not have one but Amazon did. So, I will have to say as my first Kindle item, I am pretty impressed with it.

As far as to what I enjoyed about the book, is the book itself is written as Luis says in a few of his interviews like a textbook found in a college course. As a recent graduate myself, I am familiar with how those are written, and I can say that he hit the mark with this one. You do not need to be a college graduate to understand the material, but there is a lot of content here with ideas that are explained very well but still require some study and contemplation. I had not really been all that interested in the Out of Body literature, as a lot of my research and exploration has been in other areas of the occult, new age, metaphysics, or whatever definition you choose to use. But, I can say now that the topic is of an active interest for me, and I do find myself comparing the ideas presented in this book with other information as well. So, in order to reel me in on the topic, the book is very well written. One aspect of this book that I enjoy immensely is the structured scientific approach. A lot of material out there often presents the author's viewpoint as fact with little reference to comparable material, but Luis (along with the rest of the IAC) approach the topic as a presentation of collected experiences and illustrated common themes with lots of presented research. Readers are encouraged to not take the information at face value, told up front that experiences and techniques vary, and to explore, research, and practice for themselves to determine what is or is not true.

As far as the techniques and content presented, there are a lot of techniques given for how to actually go out of the body as well as energy exercises to facilitate the process with the side benefit of potential health improvements. The book is also thorough on explaining the different types of bodies a person has in addition to sensations or experiences that might have scared people in the past regarding energy work or out of body travel. They say that knowledge is power, and Luis does a great job of attempting to give the reader as much knowledge of the process as possible to help to alleviate as much fear as possible. Additionally, many examples of actual experiences from not only the author but others as well are included to help illustrate topics or material covered at the time.

A few downsides to the book (but not enough to drop the rating), is a few of the areas are not quite covered as well as they should be for a novice reading the book. For example, the information on the VELO and vibrational state for example was initially confusing to me when I read it the first time. The information on it is covered, but broken up between the heading and another heading, so it is easy to miss how to actually perform the exercise. Another roadblock for many potential readers is the fact that the terminology is new and can be quite scientific in nature. For example, VELO, soma, psychosoma, energosoma, mentalsoma, thosene, and holothosene are all terms presented that I needed to read several times to make sure I understood what exactly the author was talking about. All of this information has stuck, and it just requires some persistence to learn completely. It is also a must to not skip around in the book because many of the concepts and definitions are presented that are covered in previous chapters, and you will have absolutely no idea what the author is talking about in some sections which may lead to frustration. I would recommend reading the book in its entirety before beginning any exercises, and then go back and study the sections on the exercises to help your mind absorb them.

Overall, this book is great and even though I have not reached an OBE state yet, I can say that with daily practice of the energy exercises, you actually can begin to feel the subtle energies of your body and manipulate them. They actually do get stronger, and I will say that my energy level as far as physical health is improving as well. Pick this book up if you want to expand your mind, feel better, or learn what is going on past what we can physically see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of wonders. Get ready to learn A LOT, May 15, 2013
Searching for something that was missing in my life started since I was a young kid. In all five decades of my life, I have studied a lot of mysticism, religions, philosophies, attended different schools of enlightenments, have had experiences, and finally came to learn and practice conscious Out of Body Experiences about two years ago.

I have read, R. Webster, O. Fox, R. Stack, Leadbeater, R. Monroe, R. Peterson, R. Bruce, W. Buehlman, S. LaBerge, P. Dennett and others. Luis Minero stands alone. This book is destined to become a new classic, it will be a manual for serious OBE enthusiasts for a long time to come. There are of course techniques to teach on how to do it, but Luis shows you the whole scene of other dimensions, the structure of reality and much more. You get bits and pieces from other books, but a coherent, complete and logical picture is what you will learn from this book.

Yes, there are new words to learn. That's needed though. Words carry energies (like everything else). People have associated meanings and prejudices with words. So to learn new things with ancient words (god, death, re-incarnation for example) is next to impossible. The material discussed is new and it is not. Probably, you come to feel that you know them from some unidentified time earlier in your existence. Be prepared, you still learn a lot. I did.
It is hard to understand things correctly, because a vast majority of us use a wrong frame, the established paradigm for the last four centuries, materialism. And that is why we miss understanding. With a correct sub-structure, a new paradigm, everything make sense, and hence achievable now. Things are demystified and find their right place your mind. Way surpassed my expectations the book is well organized and easy to follow.

Don't believe in anything I wrote here (or Luis did in his book). Experiment! Have your experiences and grow. You've arrived.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good book from Valdo Vieira's school of OBE, June 26, 2013
Luis Minero takes the reader through theories and practises of Conscientology, the systematic approach to OBE according to Valdo Vieira, the Brazilian reseacher and pioneering investigator. Minero's writing is clear and the book is well organized. It starts by challenging the reader to find out for him/herself and then goes on to give in-depth tehcniques and hints. Highly recommended to all interested.

I myself read this book at the same time with Robert Bruce's classic Astral Dynamics. Some of the info in conflicting, some totally opposed, which gives the discerning reader lots of to mull on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ!, November 21, 2013
I am a member of International Academy of Consciousness and at the time of this review have achieved an Advanced 2 level.
This book is a must read book for any one interested in the Conscientiology and/or Projectiology.
The topic of Out-of-Body experiences is far more than simply floating around on cloud 9 and having fun. There is a huge body of knowledge that surrounds it and this book does an amazing job of explaining this for a layman or average person. Even if you are an experienced projector, you should be intrigued by the greater body of knowledge that this book will present to you. Learning to get out is one thing but learning about how to apply this skill to your own self knowledge is the real gem here.
A MUST READ!