DenTek Secure Denture Bonding Cream - 1.4 oz
Price:$8.88 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on January 9, 2007
Secure denture adhesive is the ONLY one that works for me. I have a hard mouth to fit for dentures and can have no suction whatsoever so an adhesive is a must. I can chew gum, bite apples, chew steak or whatever I want to eat and not worry that my denture will break loose. It is very, very long lasting yet when it's time to remove my denture, it is no problem. There is absolutely no taste of adhesive. The day they quit making Secure, I will be forced to either go without dentures or have extremely costly implants done. I can't begin to explain how wonderful this product works.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 13, 2012
I'm going to make this review a long one because of all the ridiculous 1-star reviews I read. I find it hard to believe that this stuff lasted "2 hours" in someone's mouth without them possessing some sort of supernatural zombie-saliva. This stuff is absolutely fantastic.

First, I've been wearing dentures for over 6 years. Until recently I had a full upper and partial (two "anchor" teeth) lower. I have tried (literally) every available cream, powder, or pad available. I've stayed with Sea-Bond pads the last few years because they were gentle on my gums and this is because they helped really "wedge" the plates in and allowed for some forgiveness in fit.

I recently parted ways with my two "anchor teeth" and found that the Sea Bond pads, while continuing to work fine for the uppers, just didn't do it for me on the lowers. I decided I'd give my previously used creams another shot.

I found the best grip with Effergrip followed by Fixodent (food) and finally, Poligrip. Fixodent seemed to work better with Effergrip when eating things like soups and chowders, but tougher foods were best handled with the Effergrip. It still didn't seem to be enough and I kept losing grip with the lower denture in a very short period unless I put so much on them that I had that feeling like I'd given my mouth a shot of anti-perspirant.

Then, a friend in Europe recommended a product to me called "Fittydent". Through some research, I found that "Fittydent" (available on Amazon and about twice as expensive as "Secure") is distributed by a company called Bioforce as "SECURE".

I ordered the cream and a set of lower denture cushions (because I'm used to using Sea-Bond).

I tried it following the directions exactly (using three small ribbons on the bottom and four on top). The instructions describe "biting firmly" and then "waiting at least fifteen minutes before eating". Done.

I was absolutely amazed. It felt like I had real teeth. For the first time in years (every year I've worn dentures, in fact) I felt completely secure eating. The dentures didn't budge. This is especially noteworthy because I'm due a re-line and my lower denture is actually getting pretty loose (gums healing).

Yes, I felt the "burning sensation". Fortunately, I can read and understand what "non-toxic" means. I also tried the trick (described in the instructions) of spreading it out and letting it set 30 seconds before trying them. It still tingled a bit but the sensation does go away within (guess?) about fifteen minutes. From that point forward, they're in like they're bolted.

My only concern was cleaning the dentures (and my MOUTH!) considering the instructions to use something with a pH "greater than 9". Freakout, right?! Nope. Baking Soda has a pH of 9. Milk of Magnesia has a pH of 10 (higher pH is the opposite of acidic for those who aren't familiar). Baking soda cleaned my dentures perfectly and a little bit on a washcloth with warm water cleaned my mouth completely.

This stuff is amazing. Follow the directions. Don't be afraid of a little tingle. I ate corn-on-the-cob for the first time in 15 years today. If the "tingle" really, really, scares you, they have a version for "sensitive gums". I haven't tried it only because I'm so happy with the way the basic version of SECURE works I'm afraid of taking a step backward.

I have also tried the denture cushions. They work equally fantastic and are easier to use than the creams, so I now go with the cushion on the bottom and the cream on the top. I take my dentures out every night, clean them, clean my mouth very well, and put the dentures back in (I was taught to do this by a somewhat unusual dentist when I had my first set made as an aid to healing and it has worked well for me since).

On a recent trip I was forced to go without my ritual for one night and had great hold for about 40 hours. I still had to pull them out.

Give it a shot. I hope everyone who tries is as amazed (and fortunate) as I have been.
on May 13, 2007
Well.. I use this product on my lower denture and WOW!!! This is the best product I ever used to have a "Secure" fit for my denture. It last me at least a full day and sometimes into the next day. I have tried many other commercial products but this one beats them all. Yes.. it is a little more expensive but it is worth the results. I use other commercial products for my top denture since I don't have any issues with my top denture as I experienced with my lower. I have told my friends about this product and they are converts as well.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 3, 2008
When I told my mom about all the toxins she may be ingesting with the regular bonding glues, she asked me if I knew of one that was nontoxic. I did some searching and discovered Secure.

Well, she hasn't looked back since then. Do yourselves a favor and this time do it right.
on March 29, 2008
I have tried nearly every adhesive on the market for my lower dentures. Simply put, Secure works! I can eat anything I want, and not worry about the denture slipping. It takes a while to get just the right amount, but once you do, it is absolutely the best. Cleanup takes a little longer, but that is due to the adhesive being non-water soluable. The inconvenience of a little more time cleaning is more than offset by the durability of the adhesive.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 28, 2010
As far as I'm concerned, Secure denture cream is THE BEST product out there to hold dentures in place!

I got my dentures the day before Halloween last year, and oh, how befitting it was to get them then. I felt like some sort of monster with fake ugly teeth because they wouldn't stay in! They looked great, perfect color and awesome match to my old teeth, but nothing I bought to hold them in was helpful enough for me. I have purchased just about every kind of denture product to hold them in place and have dealt with nasty taste, zinc worries, quick failure of name brand products, that after only an hour after putting them in, the product was useless and I couldn't eat or yawn, or even converse easily. I lived in fear of having them flop out of place in public with the memory of an old soap opera star whose dentures failed on semi live tv still fresh in my head after 40 years, with the fear it would happen to me...less the cameras or fans, just an ordinary person showing the world how poorly most OTC denture creams really are!

I purchased one of the 'must have' weird plastic bonding products which shall remain nameless, in a pink & white box, and it took me nearly 30 mins. to set it all up, get it all put together and get them in my mouth, and after all that, it never even worked for me. Less than an hour later, while sitting in the car waiting for a friend, I yawned and my upper plate fell down. I was grateful it was not witnessed.

So I was not feeling great about ordering yet another brand of cream to hold my dentures in. But I took the risk, ordered Secure, and I'm in love with it! It's the first cream that has made me forget I had dentures in because it held them in place all day, didn't have a weird minty taste and the cream didn't fail on me either! I put the cream on dry dentures, popped them in and VIOLA! They were in for the day! No waiting for the product to set. Just in and in good! No fuss, no muss. The dentures were even easy to get out later on! Unlike other OTC products, there is NO ZINC in the cream either! Just watch the prices. Often you can find a good price on a 4 pack with free shipping, other times you can get a fairly low priced single tube with low cost shipping. That's how I tried this the first time, but from now on I will stock up!

I have also tried various strips. I still have mostly full boxes of most brands of strips filling up my medicine cabinet! Not for me at all!

The day I can afford to have my dentures popped onto surgically placed anchors and I will no longer need the top denture with the piece across the top of the mouth, I'll do it, but for now, this Secure cream does the job.
on June 24, 2010
I bought this product for my husband,so when I received it I gave it to him,here's what he said..I followed the instructions and applied cream to my top denture and also my lower partial.Wow,this stuff bonded really tight..Then an hour later I went and had a lettuce and tomato salad and both my upper and lower teeth popped loose on the first bite.Then at lunch,after re-doing both teeth again,I had a scrambled egg sandwich.They both popped loose again !!! I had to replace the cream ,after fighting to remove the left over stuff on my dentures,with my old fixodent stuff,just to finish eating..At least they stayed in longer this time..What a definite waste of money!!! Is there anything better out there ????
on April 4, 2010
When I first got dentures, I tried everything there was out there! Some products not only took around half an hour from start to finish to get everything in your mouth, they also didn't work worth a squat! The standard fair, like Fixodent, left me with a weird minty taste in my mouth and my plates just weren't that secure. If I ate, they'd come loose. And finally I found Secure. First of all, when I put the dentures in my mouth with Secure on them, they instantly stayed in place! If you like to take your dentures out several times a day, this isn't for you, but if you'd rather just feel like a normal, non dentured person, this stuff is the best! And you can still rinse out your mouth with Secure. When I used Secure for the first time is when I actually forgot I was wearing dentures, because they were so secure, there was no self conscious feeling of worrying about when they might slip! Go read up at their website...it's very educational.

I'll keep a tube of Fixodent around for when I need to run to the store quickly in the evening and not want to secure my dentures all day, but for the most part, I'll be using Secure whenever I wear my dentures.

A miracle, finally!
on December 31, 2011
Well, WOW, at long last! I don't know what's in it, but it sure sticks, doesn't it? And while using a lot less of it than I was using of Fixodent or Polydent. And it comes out of my mouth more easily, though I've taken to using salt water (a glass of warm water with salt dumped in) with a toothbrush to get it out. For the life of me I could not get Fixodent out of my mouth in less than 30 minutes of picking away at it.

I'm now wearing my dentures more often even if I hate them as much as when I first got them. I really can't bear to wear them but do so for the sake of other people and so I don't look 200 years old when I smile toothlessly.

I was just noting at the Cushion Grip site (since I also tried that which failed miserably) that I'm now applying Secure OVER a layer of Cushion Grip, which I'll leave in for a month or two. Cushion Grip will withstand any cleaner so long as water isn't hot. Secure, as it turns out, comes out fairly easily. Instructions warn of using a cleaner with a high ph, and as I didn't have that far as I knew--ph not usually printed on boxes of cleaners--I didn't try Secure for fear of not being able to get it out. But as I'd already applied a layer of Cushion Grip, I went ahead with the Secure, and then found out how well it works, and how easily it can be removed.

Apparently any generic cleaner has an adequate ph. After sitting in plain water I can just about brush out all the Secure, which tends to turn to a jelly in water, though I also use a cleanser. I then let them dry overnight or for days I refuse to wear to my dentures complete with Cushion Grip still in place. When I need to wear dentures again I just apply a new layer of Secure over the Cushion Grip and I'm ready to go.

As I noted in my dismal review of Cushion Grip as by itself useless, I also dip my dentures, again complete with Cushion Grip attached, into a bleach bath for a few minutes just to make sure they're thoroughly clean before applying again. Very little bleach is required in water to make the bath. And bleach will kill any virus, let alone bacteria.

I've no doubt Secure would work fine without the layer of Cushion Grip, but Cushion Grip does stick very well to dentures and can make them a little more comfortable to wear, a little like a soft liner.

I stil hope one day I can get implants, but in the meantime, Secure is it, the stuff that really works. And so I wonder why it's not distributed to chain stores? One would think makers would also make a fortune through wider distribution.
on April 10, 2007
I have used many of the bonding cream products and i find secure to be just as good as many and better than most. If i could buy the product at the stores in my area this product would be my choice to buy all of the time.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations