Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Denali 3.6-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Screwdriver Kit with Wall-Mountable Charger
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 18, 2007
I bought this last month when it was on sale (happens to be the same price today). This has totally exceeded my expectations. I was looking for something to use for household projects instead of busting out my heavy 18v Hitachi Drill. This fit the bill perfectly. It's a must for furniture assembly and was a life saver when I redid my kitchen cabinets!

Pros:

- Comfortable and lightweight. No fatigue at all. This is a major issue when I use my "big drill" for driving screws and turning nuts/bolts.
- Great, long lasting power for its size. Thank you Li-Ion Battery! No worrying about discharging before recharging.
- LED Light is very bright. This has proven to be very handy. I actually leave the forward/reverse button in the center position. When you press the trigger, only the light comes on; makes for a great flashlight. (See customer image)
- Charging stand keeps the driver and bits within easy reach. I have it mounted in my utility room. (See customer image)

Cons:

- Seriously, none. Not at this price.
review image review image review image
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2007
Pros:
Smooth action with the right amount of torque for any small job.
Comfortable grip.
Terrific fit and finish.
Great little Cordura bag that holds the driver, charger, and all those bits;
but is compact and can be worn on your belt.
A better selection of Phillips bits than I've ever seen included with a driver or drill.
Holds charge a long time.

Cons:
If you're unfamiliar with how to switch modes from "lock" to "forward" and "reverse," you may have to read the instructions, or complain that it doesn't work.

Basically, it's perfect for driving screws and light drilling.
on December 31, 2007
I bought this to replace my Black & Decker cordless screwdriver which was about 5 years old and which had begun to show lots of wear and tear. I figured I had nothing to lose at the price. I was pleasantly surprised. This is a fairly powerful driver for everyday use which is compact and ergonomic. It was already partly charged so the first this I did after opening the package was to test it out by mounting the holder to my laundry room wall. It comes with more than enough bits for any task and I love the fact that you can store most of the bits in the mounting bracket making for easy access. The instructions say not to leave the charger in the bracket once it's fully charged.
Once it was charged I used it to replace the wood screws in the 3 hinges of a heavy duty outside door. It was more than up to the task.
A good deal at 3 times the price. I'm very happy with this unit.
I really thought about buying the Denali cordless screwdriver a long time before actually doing it. There were quite a number of negative reviews for this tool and the price was so low I figured it might be a piece of junk.

However, the complaints about the Denali were mostly from people who expected the tool to be some sort of miniature cordless drill with the capacity to drive deck screws or drill holes in hardwood boards all day. To me, that seemed to be a matter of unreal expectations for a small 3.6V battery powered tool. The majority of reviews were positive and they described the Denali cordless screwdriver as an excellent tool for small `around the house' jobs. I finally went ahead and purchased the thing.

Why?

1. It was smaller than my aging Black and Decker cordless screwdriver.
2. The Denali had a light in the nose, useful for finding screw heads in dark places.
3. The screwdriver had a long life (always ready) Li-Ion battery. Many others did not.
4. It is actually a cordless screwdriver kit, complete with charger, driver and drill bits in a nice Cordura carrying/storage bag.
5. There is a three light charge indicator on the tool so you know how much power is left in the battery.
6. The forward/reverse switch can be controlled while holding the driver in one hand.
7. The fit and finish is excellent.
8. The Amazon.com price was a bargain for such a high-quality tool.
9. The complaining reviews were usually unwarranted except in a few cases where the tool was defective.

If you need a cordless screwdriver, the Denali is for you. If you need a hefty cordless drill, buy a DeWalt 18V unit and build a house with it. Otherwise get a Denali, charge it up and keep it in that kitchen junk drawer in case a cupboard hinge needs tightening or a toaster needs fixed.
on March 24, 2011
I didnt expect much from this unit. I knew it wasn't a drill and I'm not going to be tapping screws in a wall or wood. I just want to unscrew/screw computer screws. It was "OK" for a few months, but after a while wouldn't keep a charge. 8 months later, it will only last about 2 seconds and die. Not worth a dime!
on January 30, 2008
had it for a little less than a year... upon removing 4 heavy screws from a datacenter rack, the head snapped off. it was an occasional use light duty screwdriver, and was moderatly good considering the cost, although it lasting longer would have given it 4 stars, and a bit more power (just more torque, or another cell) would give a 5 star for a rating. the battery life is acceptible considering the size and lack of weight (light weight, hence broke). the lithium is a must, as you charge it and 3 months later it is still charged (for the most part). i will never get a ni-cad again, if lithium rechargable is avail. my $3.50
on April 11, 2008
This drill, with accompanying accessories, works fine for VERY small jobs and with soft woods. However, when I used the 1/8" drill bit to create a pilot hole through a thin builder grade hardwood cabinet (to install a button handle) this was almost too much. I see why the 1/8" bit is the biggest one in the kit. After drilling the first two of 15 holes -- took over one minute each -- I brought out more heavy duty artillery. The price for this little drill set is a good deal but don't consider using it for anything more than very light duty projects.
on May 13, 2012
It did a nice job cranking on 4mm allen bolts from Ikea for a few hours. After that...it broke. No amount of charging will bring it back to life. The light lights up, but nothing cranks.

I would spend your hard-earned elsewhere -- maybe upgrade to the $40 black and decker 12V Lithium Ion drill.

EDIT: I took it apart (the front piece just pulls straight off from the handle peice) and found that the problem was related cheap plastic gears. Yes...little gears with little teeth made of cheap plastic. The motor output gear (made of metal) now spins freely, but I can't mate it up to mangled teeth of the cheap plastic gears. It's junk. Buy something better.
on June 23, 2013
If you're going to buy one of these, make sure to buy it new. The one I received was sold as "like new", but came missing two drill bits and did not come with any sort of manual- the items were simply tossed in a box. I'm giving it two stars for the quality of the drill itself/ease of charging. If I purchase another one it will be nice for small drilling projects/crafts. But buyer beware when purchasing from a third party- even when they claim "like new", it doesn't mean it is.
on August 9, 2008
... just like it says in the title of the page where you bought it. If you want something for Commercial use, buy something else. If you want to drive 300 screws on one charge, buy something else. If you want to drive lag screws, buy something else. If you want to drill half inch holes in hardwood, buy a drill press. Amazon has a nice selection of 14+ volt drill/drivers. Don't know about drill presses.

This is an excellent and very inexpensive ...

Denali 3.6V Lithium-Ion Cordless Screwdriver Kit With Wall-Mountable Charger !!