5.0 out of 5 stars An important volume..., January 5, 2012
This review is from: Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 8 (Paperback)
Fans should get this volume. In the previous volume, we were left off when Teru accidentally sends a text message to Kurosaki to disappear, and he did such that. This volume was about Kurosaki, and we finally learn about Kurosaki's past; therefore, Kurosaki fangirls I recommend this one!
Teru would learn of Kurosaki's past from the same people who stayed by Baldy Kurosaki's side today.
Kurosaki's past was heart-breaking. Instead of Kurosaki telling Teru, she would learn his past from Riko, Boss, and the Masochist. (HAR HAR) I liked how each person did play a role. It was pleasant knowing the past from this great, little family.
I admit that I was confused at parts (sorry trying not to spoil much) [Okay maybe I'll spoil something when you see young Kurosaki I didn't think he'd be such a kid, and I mean a kid! lawls] I expected this volume to be sad and sappy throughout but unexpectedly I couldn't help but grin happily. The quirks are still in play in this manga that this mangaka did exceptionally well. (Gotta give love to Kyousuke!)
You will even find out how Teru's brother passed away. I like details, details so finding out left me complete. Alot of questions will be answered in this volume. I hope you'll enjoy this volume; I felt this one deserved a review!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, July 6, 2012
~4-4.5/5
[Taken from my blog.]

I really like this series. It's one of my current favorites from Shojo Beat, and I'm not happy about the fact that we're pretty much caught up with Japan and so will have to wait longer between volumes.
It doesn't really even matter if something exciting happened or not, I'm still enjoying it and looking forward to the next one.
This volume was a bit slower than the last, but still very good. It started with showing us that Kurosaki is gone and Teru is upset. Kurosaki is trying to get some answers, beating up people and stuff, and Teru is upset about what happened and Kurusaki's disappearance. And Kurosaki has ideas about how she would react to it all and that it was a set up, but still avoids her. (Augh, Kurosaki! Not cool.) Eventually, Teru gets cheered up and determined with the thought that she needs to get to Kurosaki and help him, instead of having him help her like he usually does. Aside from that, the majority of the volume focuses on Teru being told the story of Kurosaki and her older brother Soichiro and the Jack Frost virus.
I hadn't really thought about when this would happen, but I enjoyed the story. I liked learning how Kurosaki got involved with it all, and seeing the quiet pretty boy that he was at first, and how he grew to think of Soichiro as an older brother as well. It was sweet and funny and well done, and I liked it, much like I enjoy everything else to do with this series. Motomi is really good at these kinds of scenes, the ones that can be cute and funny, and then heartwarmingly sweet, and maybe a bit nostalgic, which is what this volume is filled with.
I'm not surprised by most of the story (although, there were a few parts...), and was glad to see it all told like this. I just really enjoyed it, mostly. I did like getting to see all of the minor characters. Several of the people that worked with Soichiro got mixed up in my head, and I was glad to get to see who they were, what their part was, and get an actual idea of their personalities. And while I already knew and liked Boss, I liked seeing his part in it. How he worked very under cover, and took in Kurosaki. That was just sweet and adorable.
I just really like this series, as I've already said. I like pretty much everything about it, and just eat up the books as soon as I get them. I already have the next one, and want to start it as soon as possible, so the review for that will probably be up very soon (or at least, it should be). I'm hoping, and expecting, Teru and Kurosaki to meet up in the next one, and am really looking forward to it; for them to work everything out, and for the impending romance between them to spark up (probably wishful thinking for it to happen so soon, but still).

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute series, May 10, 2013
Char (Rialto, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 8 (Paperback)
This isn't the most gripping story i've ever read, but the characters are charming and the premise is original. Fans of shojo will enjoy it.

Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 8
Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 8 by Kyousuke Motomi (Paperback - January 3, 2012)
$9.99 $8.99