5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, very quiet
Published on February 10, 2011 by Mark in Colorado

3.0 out of 5 stars ITS OK.
FOR THE MONEY AND THE NAME, I EXPECTED A BETTER VAC PUMP. I GET LESS THAN A PERFECT VACUUM EFFECT ON THE SEALED FOOD. THE KENMORE I HAD PREVIOUS DID A BETTER JOB OF AIR REMOVAL.
Published 14 months ago by Cousin' Bruce

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, very quiet, February 10, 2011
Mark in Colorado (Colorado Springs, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
This machine is much better than the Black and Decker model I currently have. It is very quiet, vacuums well wih two different vacuum levels and has a separate sealing option without having to use the vacuum function. It also reseals regular package bags such as potato ships, snacks, etc. Effectively seals Black and Decker bags, Foodsaver bags and Weston vacuum sealer bags. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Machine, July 15, 2012
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
I've been using this sealer for a couple of months now and I love it! I'm using mostly the Deni bags as they seem to be thicker than most of the others I've tried. So far I've not had any seal failures, no broken latches and none of the smoke mentioned in some of the other reviews.

To avoid moisture being sucked out of whatever meats I'm processing, I simply hit the seal only button when all the air is out of the bag. The directions advise putting a paper towel in front of the meat to catch the liquid, this is a pain in the butt. The definition of vacuum is the absence of air, when the air is gone the pump has done it's job, you don't have to wait til the pump stops just manually seal it. Works like a charm!

This machine couldn't be easier to use, just put the bag in (no bar to deal with) close the lid and hit the button. It seems to be very high quality, I think it will last a very long time. I highly recomend the Deni, a very good value for the money.

Update 9/28/2012: Still a very good machine. I've used it hundreds of times and am still very pleased with it. I've spent my money well!

Another update 01/10/2013: I found vacuum hose at the auto parts store (43 cents) that will fit the little peg in the machine so I can seal Mason jars. It works very well.

As well, I figured a way around it not getting hot enough to seal mylar bags. Put a straw into the bag right down to the product (the mylar is too smooth to allow suction), trim it at the top of the bag and put it into the sealer. Next hit the vacuum only button, when the air is all removed seal it with a flat iron used for hair straightening (it will melt the straw right into the seal) and hit the cancel button to stop the vacuum. Mylar is sealed!

5.0 out of 5 stars great sealer, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
this is the best vac and sealer that i have ever had, you dont have to line up anything or put little nozzle in bag, just put it in there and it does it, l love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product! Great Price!, April 27, 2012
Lyons Enterprises (Prairieville, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
I did some research before buying this product which stated that there was little difference between the expensive sealers and the more moderately priced ones. So, I decided to try the more moderately priced one first. Glad I did!

I have used this a few times -- still using the bags that came with the unit -- and it seems to be working quite well. The instructions were a little limited, but it only took a few minutes to figure out how to use it.

I have frozen several items, but I haven't had the chance to defrost and consume any yet. I guess that will be the next test!

Over all, this seems like a good purchase and it appears to do exactly what it says it will. At this time, I would recommend this product for sealing normal home items.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
We bought this unit about a year ago. It's held up better than the more expensive upright automatic (*cough!*foodsaver*cough!*) that we purchased previously. The only flaw we can find is that the vacuum is a hair weak. It's not enough to be ineffective, but it does seem to take a while to get all the air out. The unit itself is a bit bulky and does require a bit of manual dexterity to get the bags lined up, but it's a fair tradeoff for a lesser price and a (so far) more reliable unit.

The only semi-serious issue is storage space. Since this machine has a larger footprint than some others, it does take up a fair amount of real estate in the pantry.

Pros: Easy to operate and maintain. Good bang for the buck.
Cons: Size and speed.

NOTE: We tried various brands of rolled freezer bags and all seem to work. Some just work better than others. The two best in our experience were the Deni and Ziploc brands.

3.0 out of 5 stars ITS OK., May 4, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars total piece of junk, January 11, 2013
J. Bianco (Berkeley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
This item is garbage. I have used several different vacuum sealing devices, and the Deni is the worst I have ever used. The "vacuum," sealer does work well at the best of times, and generally is a weak and poorly designed device. It barely has the power to remove the air from the bags. I have found that roughly 90% of the time I have to squeeze the bag to help push the air out of it. This is not how these devices should work. Further, the sealer is only semi-functional. About 1/2 of the time I have to hit the button to use the heat and seal more than once to create a solid seal. Again, not how the items should work. So, generally, after "vaccum and sealing" my foods, I have a weak (if any) seal and bag with roughly half the air removed from it. I would be better served with a ziplock bag, and by sucking the air out orally before sealing it with my fingers, or tape.
DO NOT BUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT!!, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
I purchased this as a gift for my husband. We do not use it often, but when it has been used it has worked perfectly. Would definitely purchase again!

1.0 out of 5 stars After one year, its completely worn out., November 4, 2012
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
I've had the product for just over a year, and at first I loved it. But now it barely seals, and even if it does seal it only pulls out 1/4 the air it used to. The foam seals have worn out, and I don't even use the product that often. I keep it clean, but never use any cleaning products, however its just worn out. This is a clear example of designed obsolescence. Deni' should be ashamed by this super obvious design in which they planned it to wear out. Do not buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Deni 1921 Supreme Vacuum Sealer, Black (Kitchen)
works very well and no problems with anything

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›