Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on February 12, 2008
I purchased this steamer as a Christmas gift for my wife in 2006. Within a few weeks it started to leak and then the digital clock failed. We returned it to the company for replacement. They sent a new one, and the clock on that one also failed, so we retuned it in Oct. of '07. They finally sent us another new one in Feb. of '08. Within a few days, the digital clock on this unit failed. I can accept that one unit can have a defect, and it's not out of the question that a second one could, by coincidence, also have the same defect, but three units with the exact same defect??? I don't think so. This is a good looking product that is inferior in quality. Stay away from it!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2007
I ordered this steamer to make a central Asian dish that requires a special pot that is not sold in the States. Only after already ordered I've read the previous review and got really concerned. So as soon as the steamer arrived I immediately tested it. I made my Central Asian dish "manti" and it turned out great. The display was easy to read and set. The steam did not "leak" into the base but worked the way it should be. Perhaps the person who left the previous review had a defected steamer. Give it a try. I love mine.
on November 29, 2006
It looks fancy in the picture. The panel is actually hard to read. The steam penetrates through the panel and thus make it blurry and leaks/steams out. It has an unstable base. Bought three. Opened one. Returned three.
on November 6, 2008
I used this to steam fiber for spinning. At first it was great, after about 3 runs, the steam leaked into the readout and I had no idea how long it was supposed to be going. It got so bad that the unit stopped working because it was so wet. Waited for it to dry, worked again, until it got damp again. Leaks badly in my studio. Im really disappointed because it's one of the few that has 3 tiers of space. I am going to try to find another one but in the meantime, my stovetop is in use.
on October 17, 2007
It looks very nice and that is the reason I got it. If you are going to use it daily it is going to quit working after about 30 or so days. I had 2 of these doing the same thing!
on November 15, 2007
Great item, I just got it this week, very easy to use and you
can steam three things at the same time.

I just steamed burgers, vegetables and rice (top vegetables, middle
rice, bottom burges; otherwise you will get all the fat of the burger
on your rice), and everything came out perfectly (the burgers had a
better taste than fried, at least for me).

I recommend people to get the book Cooking with Steam by Stephanie Lyness,
it will take out a lot of the guesswork.
on January 27, 2009
I absolutely loved this steamer for the entire week that it worked! I used it daily to cook everything including meats, veggies, hard boiled eggs, and even apples for homemade applesauce. I told everybody who would listen how wonderful it was. The love affair didn't last long, however. After about a week, the power button stopped working. At first, it would not work to turn the machine off so I had to unplug the cord when I was done using it. Then, within a day, I started having to push it about 15 times in a row to get it to turn the machine on. Finally, about a day later, it stopped working altogether making the machine useless. In looking at it closely, it's easy to see why it didn't last. The buttons on the front panel are all extremely flimsy and when you push any of them, all the buttons and the display panel all move. I don't see how it could possibly last long being that cheaply made. I returned it and I am now shopping for another steamer.
on February 25, 2010
I was given one of these as a gift for Christmas 2009 and have used it every day since without a problem. I love how fast it begins to steam after you turn it on... no waiting for a large volume of water to boil.

It is specific in how the different trays can be stacked. If you try to put any tray but the one labeled "1" on the base unit, it will have a gap and perhaps that is where other people are getting leaks. I always use tray #1 on the bottom and never have any problem with leaks. It turns off after the time I set runs out... but it also has a nice "keep warm" mode that will periodically re-steam for a few seconds if you don't get to it right away.

I have convinced several of my friends to buy this steamer and have given several of them as gifts. It has changed the way I eat permanently... nothing is healthier than steamed vegetables and they simply taste great.
on June 7, 2009
I got this as a gift, and, frankly, wish I'd got nothing instead. The materials are cheap and the machine is temperamental. When it works, it works great, but trying to programme it is a nightmare. I've used it four times, and each time was so frustrated with setting the timer that I wanted to throw the machine at the wall. I'll be tossing this one in the bin soon and buying a different brand.
on October 26, 2010
I've had my Deni 7600 for 2 years. I use it about twice a week (for vegetables only), and I love it. The first few times I used it, I experienced certain frustrations and considered returning it. I'm glad I didn't. String beans take about 20 minutes which at first seemed outrageous. But the ease of use and predictability of outcome make the wait worthwhile. Clean up is also easy. I know I will always be heating up the unit (sanitizing it) each time so I just rinse all the parts with plain water, and I'm done. When I notice the heating unit getting a mineral build up I solve the problem a little differently than the instructions suggest. I soak a paper towel with vinegar, place it over the heating unit "bump", place saran trap over the towel( kept in place by a rubber band), and wipe or rinse the minerals away hours later or the next morning. Filling the unit with vinegar, as suggested by Deni, is a waste of vinegar. Each basket has a number on it so you know the order of stacking--quicker-cooking veggies go in the higher baskets. Yes, you do have to fiddle with the lid to get it to sit right and you need to know how to operate the unit. There are 3 buttons you can press. I don't use the left-most "prog" button. To turn the unit on, you press the small button right of the central larger button two times. A "45" will appear in the window above the central button--which is a toggle, by the way. For fewer than 45 mins, press on the left side of the central button and the 45 will decrease in 1 minute increments. It is true that when you press the right side of the toggle to increase cooking time, the machine goes up in 5 minute increments, which you then must adjust by pressing the left side of the toggle. A minor inconvenience to me. Lastly, the machine doesn't repeat signaling when done; so if you miss the beep you may end up with overcooked vegetables as the Deni continues to produce bursts of steam to keep the veggies warm. I occasionally set a separate reminder timer, but I'm usually in the kitchen anyway. I'm so happy with the consistency of this machine. Get it. Enjoy it.