Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on April 3, 2011
Wow
The Deni 8.5 qt. Electric Pressure cooker is one well thought out well enginered and well build
system. I have 3 differant brands. None of the others will go to 15 PSI. Most will only go to 7 and or 10 PSI at the most. But at 15 PSI a large roast that would be to tough to chew can be chewed and cut with a fork and taste like a very expensive piece of roast. Or if you cook Beans that would take hours and hours. This thing will have them on the table in less than an hour and they will be Better than if cooked for 3 to 12 hours on a stove top or Slow cooker. I am very happy with this thing. It is not only fast and with the 15 PSI pressure seting (Also has 7 and 12 PSI setings at the press of a button) it will tenerize like no others. And it is all automated. Stove tops are not as good as this as you can not just turn them on and then go do something else. With this unit you can. But it takes no time to cook and retain vitemins etc.. when cooked fast and at high pressure and thus high temperature.
I am so impressed I am going to order another one. I will be giving away all but one of my older
brands as they never told or say anywhere on the box or in the instructions how many PSI they can do. But judging on the time it takes to cook I would say no more than 3 or 4 PSI.
Anyway I want to and am going to look up other products by this Deni Company as they know what they are doing and do good work.
I realy apreciate this fact. It was not the cheapest. But I wanted 15 PSI and this was the only one that promist 15 PSI and they did such a good job.
Jim Beverly Hills CA
on August 10, 2011
on February 14, 2012
Upon a medium amount of searching, I decided to purchase this unit. I am more than pleased. It is easy to operate, and the settings are clear. I would have loved for it to contain a book of more recipes, or maybe an option from Amazon to purchase one at the same time. Its large enough for most roasts and stews and is quicker than expected. Seasoning takes a bit of practice. One of the best items is making beans (any kind) from scratch....no more soaking and hours of cooking !! 1 hour tops !! They were delicious that night and making the whole bag was easy, then I separated it off into smaller portions for the freezer to be ready at any time.
on January 20, 2013
I love the product but it died after 6 months and 20 uses. Customer support is currently in the process of reviewing my claim for a replacement product but it is time consuming and should not have happened. There are now many disappointed customers on Amazon with this products longevity. If this is an American made product I'm seriously disappointed.

At 58 years of age I had NEVER considered a pressure in my entire life. What a serious mistake. I've cooked two meals in this as new cook trying to help my wife who considered me INSANE for buying it. She is now in love with this product after the Beef Stew was cooked to perfection in 25 minutes and I mean it was the best Beef Stew I've ever enjoyed. I trade futures for a living and I do NOT have time to cook for 4 or 5 hours at a time. My wife takes great pride with her cooking and is the talk of the neighborhood but after chicken broth and beef stew she is a real convert to pressure cooking. Her chicken stock; 4-5 hours. Mine was 30 minutes and it blew hers out of the contest. Of course I can't write all good things here. Deni NEEDS to engineer a way to lift the inner pot out of the cooker that is easy, this in my eyes is an unnecessary oversight. Great food but a bit inconvenient for the inner pot.
on August 10, 2011
I was worried at first about this purchase due to the mixed reviews. I have had it a month and absolutely love it. For all of you wondering if you can pressure can in it well you can. I have canned 60 pints of green beans this month using this appliance. You can put 7 regular mouth pint jars in it. As for quarts 4 would fit but I have not tried them yet the jars are very close to the lid. I'm sure it would be ok. It is recommended to pressure veg. at 10 psi and ths cooker has 3 psi settings. 7.5psi is to low so I tried 15psi at 10min for green beans that was not long enough. So to can green beans use 15psi at 20 min. Just takes trial and error. I would not pressure meats in this cooker, stick to traditional for that. Make sure to read manual before using. Love this appliance! Bought mine at walmart.com
on February 26, 2013
The Deni 8.5 quart Pressure Cooker works like a champ! The food comes out just as one would expect, moist and perfectly done. It is easy to use and maintain and I would highly recommend this device to anyone.
on February 22, 2014
I purchased this unit in February of 2013. I thought the unit was fabulous butafter using the unit for less than twenty times a part fell off. It is a critical part rendering the unit unuseable. I have been unsuccessful at finding and service company for this unit. It is now February 2014 and the unit has apparently been discontinued. I also don't seem to be able to contact the company that sold the unit. Very disappointed!
on December 16, 2013
This cooker was great while it worked, I had it for 6 months and then it quit working, the company refuses to replace it, that's why they are called "Good Luck Bargains" you just take your chances that it will work for a reasonable length of time. I feel that this is a huge ripe off of this company and that they should stand behind a product that's only 6 months old.
Unhappy
on February 24, 2013
When I opened the box the display panel was coming off. I pushed it back down but is it poor craftsmanship or was it used? I don't know. Other than that it seems to be working ok.
on December 12, 2012
After initial minor issue, and the super customer support staff the wife & I are happy with our new pressure cooker