Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

70%
30%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 5, 2006
The sound of brazilian drums, old movie soundtracks and the innovative tunes of electronica make of this album another great release by Daedelus. It doesn't take too long to get lost into another world and get inmersed in a universe where the sun never goes down, summer is the eternal season and California becomes the synonym of paradise. As the music goes on your ears will end up addicted to every single chime, drum, and any other enigmatic noise thrown into this already unique masterpiece.

Sunscreen anyone?
on May 13, 2006
daedelus, like the mythologic character, has created some amazing structures in the past. and this album holds up to be what i think his best work. daedelus' style is amazing! i have listened to this album at least five times start to finish and haven't tired of it. very unique
on August 27, 2006
Daedelus is by far one of the most innovative names in electronic music, and music in general. That is why I was a bit disappointed with this new album of his. His earlier works such as Of Snowdonia were interesting and unique, but Exquisite Corpse was an amazing mixture of his earlier forms combined with earthy vocals and deep songs (The Mike Ladd version of "Welcome Home" is worth the CD by itself). He had these complex mixtures of computer and organic sounds coexisting and growing as the occasional voice came in singing or spouting poetry...and now he has gone back to his more basic, earlier styles. This is by no means a bad album, but lacks some of the spark that made Exquisite Corpse such a punch in stomach for more "normal" left-field music.
on November 5, 2008
At First Listen: I thought the first track was cool, and there were a couple others that I could see myself liking, given a few more listens, but a lot of the songs seemed borderline stupid. I guess, most of all, I was hoping (and expecting) it would be more like the previous album: Exquisite Corpse.

At Second Listen: I decided to throw out all hopes and expectations. The songs jumped out at me, and intrigued me. I couldn't listen to it enough. I was in love and still am, years later.

This is one of those albums that I have to listen to every so often. It defines me to some degree.

It is very versatile, too. I can listen to it quietly while studying, or at a medium volume while driving, but the best is loudly while cooking.

Daedelus Denies The Day's Demise is an unimaginable blend of intelligence and fun. Enjoy!
on September 5, 2008
this album is wonderful. it's crazy, it's loose, but it comes from a mind that knows what he wants the end result to sound like. so it never sounds like doodling. the great tracks make up for any that you may skip over. the sound he creates is lush and complex, but still fun and crazy. if you dug the 1st boards of canada, get it, if you dig trip hop with an experimental edge, get it, i can't think of anyone else to "get it" so i'll stop typing. baaaeeeaaa
on August 14, 2009
Shipping and processing was great! The cd is in good condition and I love it! This is by far one of my favorite Daedelus albums!
on June 28, 2006
This is by far Daedelus' best work and best mixed album. Its a return to the depth and more instrumental approach of "Of Snodonia" but with a new direction. This is a deep listening magical experience and some people will scratch their heads at this album at first listen but give it a chance and it will grow on you- (which is why this CD is having a hard time exiting my player). I believe a great body of work like this will definitely stand the test of time and Daedelus should be extremely proud of his endeavor.
on April 6, 2009
this album have f**k up sound i feel like this guy on the top on these album
on June 22, 2006
I first discovered Daedelus about a year and a half ago, browsing a bookstore. I think I heard the first track, was intrigued, purchased, and have been a fan since. I've gone on to get his other works which are as equally interesting as the one which sparked my curiosity ("Exquisite Corpse"). This brings us to his latest, DDDD.

It's a good album with a sound I'd describe as bossa-nova meets Prefuse73 meets Daedelus. His trademark ditties are all here, of course, but this album is more "Invention" and less "Of Snowdonia" or "EC." This album, in terms of mood and pace, is more upbeat, one song quickly easing into the next, and in terms of sound quality, it's superb. However, the tone of this latest, while nice, reminds me of how certain artists (Goldfrapp for example) started to go in one, darker direction, and then decided to play to the lighter sides of their "new sound." I guess with the war three years on, Daedelus is going the lighter route, however, this is not exactly a plus. I guess it depends on what you want. As well, I found the previous albums songs worked well as a whole as well as individually; this album, while well as a whole, doesn't hold up as well piece by piece. Anyway, for the Daedelus fans, check it out: all others, maybe you should start with a different album.
on November 19, 2013
DENIES THE DAY'S DEMISE sees Daedelus refining his sampled soundscapes, from the swelling strings of "At My Heels" to the more folksy "Sundown," both of which share a crazed percussive backing. "Bahia" takes a Brazilian detour, and "Like Clockwork Springs" has fun with its lo-fi melodics. "Nouveau Nova" introduces more acidic electronics to contrast the semi-classical brass. Indeed, Daedelus loves to mix the two as Lawrence Welk-like tunes wander in the chaos of "Dreamt Of Drowning." A delicacy climbs into the fuzz of "Sunrise," and "Viva Vida" caps the album on a note of sweetness, and the day continues unabated.