4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting from Denise... in a GREAT way!
I have a ton of fitness videos, and picked this one up on a whim. I am SO glad I did! I was surprised at how efficient the entire program was.. it was fast moving, but I felt like my entire body was worked, and worked well. I almost gave up on Denise after her Burn Fat Fast video, which was frustrating in that it didn't provide a high intensity workout.

I...
Published on December 14, 2006 by Cat

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea...
Published on July 18, 2007 by Vicki Williamson

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting from Denise... in a GREAT way!, December 14, 2006
Cat (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)

I completed the entire program tonight, and it was FUN and not in a dancy, breezy way - but in a way that moved along without getting boring.

Beginners will definitely get frustrated with this because it IS Denise, and her cueing is atrocious.. BUT if you exercise often, and are familar with a variety of moves you will catch on quickly. I highly recommend this dvd for exercisers wanting to throw in some great variety (which there is a TON in this video) I am now a happy (boot)camper!

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to run 10k a day, June 16, 2007
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
I used to be a very active athlete..running, basketball, gymnastics...you name it. A couple of months ago I graduated college and moved out to a tiny apartment in a big city with my boyfriend and needed to find a way to workout without paying big bucks for a gym and without running in the dangerous area I live in.

This was the answer. I consider myself in great shape, and was very skeptical about girly workout videos. Since I started this video my flexibility improved greatly, I've become more defined, and my balance has improved. I never weigh myself, but if you eat your greens and use this workout tape, you will lose fat. Also, I'm very muscular and was worried about getting "big," and this doesn't do that at all.

I was also very concerned about how cheesy this was going to be. I didn't want to look like an idiot working out in front of my boyfriend, and you really don't do anything ridiculous, like some of the dance cardio stuff out there. In fact, sometimes he jumps in and tries to keep up.

My suggestion: do the 40 minute workout every other day, and use Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip (disk 2) every other day. Results are amazing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea..., July 18, 2007
Vicki Williamson (Monroe, Ga United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
I bought this DVD in hopes that I could work it in with the rotation of the other exercise DVD's I own in an effort to keep from plateauing. I was very disappointed with the workout on the DVD. I am not going to criticize Denise though because I found her as the host/leader to be alright. What I didn't care for was the choreography on this DVD. There were several things about the choreography that I didn't like such as the fact that so few reps are done on each exercise and just as you really getting into one exercise it is time to move on to the next. There is a lot of jumping and bouncing involved which I don't really care for, and this workout requires you to have an extraordinary amount of balance. I also didn't feel like I worked out. I consider this DVD to be a moderate workout and I was hoping for a heavy workout. I also felt like this DVD was misleading. On the case it says there is kick boxing and there was very little kick boxing used in this workout.

All in all, I just didn't really like this workout DVD and found it boring and it just wasn't my cup of tea. I do, however, highly recommend Kathy Smith, Leslie Sansone or TamiLee Webb.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS DVD!!!, October 23, 2009
YogaGurl (Long Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
THANK YOU DENISE for helping me feel the joy of cardio everyday again!!!

I have been mostly a yoga/walking girl for some time now. I am 42 and realized that although I exercise everyday, I am missing true cardio in my fitness program. So, having had Denise's "Power Yoga Plus" and "Fat Blasting Yoga" I decided to try her other DVD's.

I am really happy I did. I love this DVD because the workout starts quickly, my heart rate went right up and it is not boring at all. You don't need a lot of space and the moves are easy to modify. I felt SO GOOD doing this workout. I felt POWERFUL and STRONG and SEXY and it was FUN, too! And boy, I could feel my heart working and it felt very good, very healthy. This is what I love about Denise Austin's videos...you start feeling good immediately and they are not boring. I always feel so so so good doing her videos. Truly the joy of movement and exercise.

As far as her personality...I find her refreshing. She is sweet, encouraging, totally lacking ego all while being very very successful. I like her humility. In a world where so many instructors never smile, have a sense of over importance and take themselves too seriously...I prefer Denise. She is a refreshing change.

In fact, I so like her energy...she cheers me up a bit. So, not only do you get a great workout, but you get some positive, cheerful vibes. It may not mesh with everyone, but for me she adds sunlight.

THANK YOU DENISE for being FUN, AFFORDABLE, EFFECTIVE and POSITIVE!!! I am very much looking forward to trying her other videos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cardio but lacking, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
I just bought this dvd and hoped it would prove better than Denise's "Shrink Your Female Fat Zones". I really like her "Ultimate Fat Burner" as a cardio workout and hoped this one would be just as good. It is better than the first I mentioned but has some of the same lack of intensity such as just when you start to feel an exercise she quits when a few more reps would give better results. She has some different exercises in here that I found refreshing, just not quite as many reps as there should have been for someone more advanced. The cardio is good, getting the heart rate up. Once you watch the video a few times you'll know what is coming next so the miscues and sudden switcharoos are something that doesn't bother me. I like the way she gets right into both workouts without endless stretching before getting serious. You still get warmed up before the more strenuous part, just get there quicker, something important for those of us on a tight time schedule. It's also great to know I can get a good cardio workout in 20 minutes for those days when I'm really short on time. This definitly has a place in your exercise library, just could have been a bit better for the more advanced by increasing reps.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Workout, February 7, 2007
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
This is not for a beginner just starting out. A very good workout with a 20 minute cardio and a separate 20 minute cardio with weights. The warmup is part of the first 20 minute segment. A 10 minute stretching workout is also included. It really gets you moving and is a serious workout - definitely not a fluff workout. This is a workout for both men and women. If you really want to know you did something, this is the workout for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, January 6, 2007
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
This Boot Camp DVD from Denise Austin is for intermediate to advanced level. I already have a couple of her DVD's for quit some time so it was not a problem for me to follow her. I would not suggest that DVD if you are a beginner or did not try a previous workouts. For some people she talks but I think she is motivating. I already have a lot of workout DVD's and this is my second favorite workout DVD! (My absolute favorite is hardcore kickboxing with Janis Saffell & Guillermo Gomez!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout in 50 minutes!, February 2, 2007
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
This is the best at home workout DVD I have ever bought. It is easy to follow, to the point, through and she throws in some exercises that get to the core of the body and work the entire body at one time. If you are someone who has a full time job, school or kids than this is the perfect DVD for you if you find yourself short on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boot Camp, February 12, 2007
nae "nae" (southern california) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
I am a beginner and Boot camp gave me a good, hard workout. If you don't like squats or leg lunges this is not the workout for you. I could definitedly feel the muscles working. I like that you can workout for 20 minutes or go to the next workout and double it to 40 minutes. The best thing is I could work at my own level.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Denise's best yet!!, February 3, 2007
This review is from: Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast (DVD)
I am a Denise fan. I love her enthusiasm. I feel like she's cheering me on and even though some are annoyed by it I am energized by it. This is one of her best videos yet. And if you have the time do both 20 min segments followed by the 10 min stretch in one workout you will be so alive when you're done!! When pressed for time either 20 min segment is awesome. I absolutely love the switch from plank to t-stand and the downward dog to plank to push-up moves. So much fun!! It's challenging and I def don't recommend it for a beginner or someone who is a little rusty. There are a ton of squats and a few jumps from squat that are even difficult for me if I'm tired or sore that day. I work out regularly and I can still see where I can improve and can't wait until I do this video with absolute precision. It's invigorating!!! Oh - and I love Denise's shoes in the 1st segment. Too cute!!

Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast
Denise Austin: Boot Camp - Total Body Blast by Denise Austin (DVD - 2006)
$14.98 $7.93