DENON AVR1612 AV BLK RECEIVER 5.1 CHANN DOLBYTRUE HD PLUSDD
From the Manufacturer
The Denon AVR-1612 5.1 Home Theater Receiver delivers exceptional performance and convenient features in a home theater centerpiece. Offering the latest inputs, this powerful receiver features advanced processing that brings out the best in your Blu-ray/DVD players, game consoles, and other entertainment devices. The AVR-1612 supports high-resolution audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, for a dynamic surround-sound listening experience. It also supports HDMI v1.4a, allowing you to get the most out of 3D content. Enhanced by direct digital connectivity for iPhone/iPad/iPod via the front panel USB, and including an optional networking dock connectivity option for iPod and iPhone, the AVR-1612 offers an exceptional foundation for your home theater system.
Home Theater Receiver
At a Glance:
- Equal power amp design with five discrete 75-watt* channels
- HDMI v1.4a supports all 3D formats and Audio Return Channel
- Four HDMI inputs for added connectivity
- Audyssey MultEQ, GUI overlay, and remote control make setup and operation easy
- Backed by a two-year warranty
Premium Audio Technologies for Superb Surround Sound
Equal power amplifier design offers true reproduction of original sound. View larger.
Features four 1.4a HDMI ports for vibrant 3D visuals. View larger.
Quick Selection buttons let you select video and music sources effortlessly. View larger.
Fully compatible with current HD audio formats, the Denon AVR-1612 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver provides powerful, theater-quality surround sound. It ensures maximum audio performance with multiple technologies:
Full HD Support
- Equal Power Amp Design: Each of the AVR-1612's five 75-watt* channels is powered by its own discrete circuit. This allows the receiver to reproduce original sound more faithfully than conventional models, which use integrated circuits.
- High-Definition Audio Support: The AVR-1612 features support for Blu-ray high-definition audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. These formats play back sound with exceptional fidelity, providing a more realistic listening experience.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIz: Providing two additional height channels, this feature adds a vertical dimension to the soundstage, providing more immersive surround sound (with an optional, external amplifier).
- Audyssey MultEQ Support: Audyssey technology helps create an optimal acoustic profile for your home theater. Using a microphone, Audyssey MultEQ measures sound levels and adjusts speaker configuration accordingly, making setup fast and easy.
With four HDMI inputs, the AVR-1612 allows you to route multiple high-definition devices--like game consoles and Blu-ray players--to your TV. It also allows you to connect all of your devices to your TV with a single HDMI cable, reducing cable clutter.
Vivid 3D Visuals with HDMI v1.4a
The AVR-1612 comes equipped with HDMI v1.4a, allowing you to make the most of several premium video features:
- 3D Pass-Through: With the advent of 3D media, it is important to own a receiver that recognizes 3D video signals. The AVR-1612 is able to pass through 3D signals from your Blu-ray player, ensuring that the 3D effect doesn't get lost in translation. It also recognizes signals from 3D television broadcasts.
- Audio Return Channel:HDMI v1.4a also features Audio Return Channel functionality, which allows for audio content from your display to be played back through the AVR-1612 via the single HDMI cable that goes from the receiver to the display. This eliminates the need for separate audio and video cables running from your TV to the receiver.
- Deep Color and x.v.Color Support: The AVR-1612 also supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture.
With a built-in USB port, the AVR-1612 supports digital music playback from an iPod, iPhone, iPad, or USB drive. The receiver can also be used with the Denon Networked Control Dock (sold separately) for network streaming or docking your iPod/iPhone. A compressed audio restorer guarantees that standard MP3 playback is crisp and clear.
GUI Overlay and Remote Control for Simple Operation
With its programmable functions and intuitive button layout, the AVR-1612 is designed for ease of use. The front panel is smartly organized, featuring clearly labeled buttons and onboard controls for volume and source. In addition, its on-screen display provides quick information about your system's settings.
The AVR-1612's simple remote control is easy to use, giving you more flexibility in controlling your home theater.
Product and Warranty Information
The receiver measures 6-3/8 by 17-1/8 by 15-3/64 inches (H x W x D), and weighs 20-1/2 pounds.
The Denon AVR-1612 5.1 Channel A/V Home Theater Receiver is backed by a two-year warranty.
What's in the Box
AVR-1612 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver, remote control, AA batteries, setup microphone, AM loop antenna, FM indoor antenna, and owner's manual.
*75 watts per channel (20Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms, .08% THD), 120 watts per channel (1kHz, 6 ohms)