5.0 out of 5 stars Depraved Heart
Once again Kathleen Valentine doesn't dissapoint. I love that her books are affordable and Kindle accessible right from the start. Waiting "im"-patiently for the next book scheduled for this Fall.
Published on May 16, 2012 by LINDA M RISTENBATT

3.0 out of 5 stars The Good, The Bad, the Ballerinas
Oh Heavens, where to begin? Kathleen Valentine is truly one of my favorite authors! In Depraved Heart: A Novel, she spins a tale of twists, turns and dark secrets in the enormously wealthy Ravenscroft/Silver families throughout generations. The good, the bad, the ballerinas!
Saying all that to say this: I was not in love with this book.
The last 1/3 of the book...
Published 11 months ago by UPGirlcd

5.0 out of 5 stars Depraved Heart, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Depraved Heart: A Novel (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how Kathleen Valentine writes consistent winners, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Depraved Heart: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
If you haven't read a Kathleen Valentine book, you are really missing out. Kathleen is one of my favorite authors due to her ability to write deep, intricate novels and short stories that elicit emotions that run the gamut of feelings. I have read books of hers that I was crying tears of heartache that suddenly went to tears of joy!

I must say that Kathleen Valentine is one of those authors who are classic examples on why I love and very frequently seek out Indie authors over the big house publisher authors. I truly feel that Kathleen's writing is above the cookie cutter writers that you see in big house publishing houses.

This book was no exception. Kathleen's character and setting development is so strong that frequently I have to map them out and how they interact with one another. This is a real talent to be able to do so. Also, in the majority of Kathleen's books, as well as this one, she has the ability to write with a darkness that is below the surface, yet can keep the storyline light, so it isn't necessarily depressing and characters are "approachable". I loved this book, also, because of the mystery component that was visible, but not quite visible. I was kind of surprised with this one because of the level of romance that was in this book compared to her other books.

I do this lightly (because I abhor when people do it flippantly), but this book almost had the feel of Du Maurier's Rebecca with a bit more sexual spiciness to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars She does it AGAIN!!, May 3, 2012
Melissa (Gloucester, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Depraved Heart: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
kathleen Valentine is "go to" author for Kindle Books. Suspenseful with great twists and turns, so easy to identify with the characters, they feel like people I know. I just purchased her new book Depraved Heart and it is thrilling to read!! Kudos Kathleen on another book well written!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Depraved Heart (Paperback)
My first book by Ms. Valentine and what a great selection! This book had a little of everything - mystery, murder and just the right amount of romance. I really liked the two main character, Tempest and Syd. They both have troubled pasts and lots of reservations about getting involved with each other. I found myself really cheering for both of them. The story takes us right down to the end before we know if their relationship will survive the hurdles placed in their paths.

This book hooked me from the very beginning. I so glad I gave this book a go! Now I need to go check out some of the other books from this very talented writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Depraved Heart - by Kathleen Valentine, June 20, 2012
Leslie Galacar (GLOUCESTER, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Depraved Heart (Paperback)
Now that I have finished reading Depraved Heart, I don't know what to do with myself; what a great read for the
beach or for the armchair! From the very first page I was hooked. The characters are so colorful and deep. Each
character has a back-story which gives them a richness that adds to the unfolding events.
Tempest Hobbs, the "sensitive" is so believable as an art curator and fragile, wounded soul. Her "escape" to
the Island sets her off on an unexpected life-changing adventure.
Syd Jupiter is every women's fantasy man; the son of a New Orleans "voodo" mother, he is handsome, strong, romantic,honest, and yet he's hiding some big secrets.
Setting the book in Salem and on an Island called "Hephzibah Regrets" was brilliant. (I actually looked up this Island in Google to see if it really exists!) There are twists and turns with plot and characters in each chapter - taking you to the last few pages where you learn the "secret" that Syd has been keeping from Tempest.

Besides loving this book, I learned so much about local artists. Kathleen really did her research.

I can't wait for the sequel.....:) or the next Kathleen Valentine Book. She never disappoints me with
her stories and writing style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Valentine gets better and better, September 13, 2013
Becky F (Pennsylvania, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Depraved Heart: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I have read several Valentine novels and just when I think I have read the best of the best she comes out with yet another winner. If you want a great read with mystery, romance, twists and turns, deep emotion, and characters that become a part of your life, read 'Depraved Heart'. You won't be disappointed. Hollywood had better wake up - there is a great movie waiting to be produced from a Kathleen Valentine book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner by Kathleen Valentine, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Depraved Heart: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Be prepared to laugh, cry, be shocked, and totally absorbed in this novel. It was enjoyable and educational in so many aspects. The novel was hard to put down and the time flew by so quickly as I was reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another one of my favorites, June 13, 2013
A Depraved Heart

Kathleen Valentine

I couldn't stop reading this book!! So many twists and turns and it kept me guessing right up to the very end! Great ending too! If you haven't read a Kathleen Valentine book yet, you really are missing out.  Not too much romance, just the right amount. Plenty of mystery suspense and twists and turns! Kathleen is now one of my go to authors!!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS BOOK!, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Depraved Heart: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
This is my third Kathleen Valentine book and once again this book did not disappoint me. I absolutely loved this book. All the twist and turn just kept me reading and guessing. I also loved the suspense that this book had right up to the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Depraved Heart (Paperback)
Suspense, mystery, and romance...this book had all of it. I love where the story takes you. The mystery of it all till the very end. Valentine nailed it.

Depraved Heart: A Novel