Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dermal-Soothe Anti-Itch Shampoo for Dogs & Cats
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 4, 2013
Dermal-soothe helps prevent my dog from getting dry skin as he is prone to. It also really cleans his fur so that he stays white.
on September 27, 2013
My dog has skin allergies and we took him to a dermatologist to figure out what was causing them. As a part of his initial medical treatment the vet dermatologist prescribed this shampoo. It cost me $16 at the vet derm office. The vet dermatologist instructed me to lather my dog up very well and let the shampoo sit on his skin for about 5 minutes before washing off. So I lathered my dog up the next day and paying extra attention to his red and itchy spots. I continue to rub the shampoo on him for 5 minutes or more. then I rinsed him off.

My dogs (I have 2) were just at the groomers the previous week and I was so surprised at the amount of dirt that came off of my dog with the skin problems. So much to the fact that I decided to wash my other dog. She doesn't have skin problems so I just used her normal dog shampoo and barely any dirt came off of her. I concluded that our dog with the skin problem must have gotten into some dirt etc - he is a bit messier than the girl.

The Derm vet told me to wash sully once a week for 4 weeks with the shampoo until our next appointment. From day 1-6 sully itched significantly less. He in particular licks his paws and he didn't start licking his paws until about 4 days after the wash. by day 6 he was licking again at about the same amount he did before he got the first bath with this shampoo.

So I washed him on day 7 very thoroughly again and again, so much dirt came off of him. I work from home so I've been with him everyday for the week between washes and he did not get into anything that would make him that dirty. This time I feel more like it was the shampoo removing dirt and dead skin from his body very very well. There was always a area on his "inner thigh" area that was almost like he has blackheads/clogged pores and we would need to go back and clean that area with rubbing alcohol after his baths. Not the case with this shampoo - it washed everything off. We've never seen his skin so clean after a bath since before his skin problems started when he was 2.

I noticed someone commented on the smell. It smells like hand soap with a generic non fancy smell. The smell is not over bearing - it just smells clean. I recommend this product 100%. I actually just told my friend whose dog has similar issues about it
on August 7, 2011
No anti-itch shampoo for pets is perfect. Let's face it...dry skin is not going to be solved with an occasional shampoo...but this is the best we have found so far, and we have tried many.
on June 15, 2011
My dog suffers from food allergies and occasionally has a skin reaction. If she chews, it sometimes develops into bacterial infections and yeasty skin and then turns into dry skin as it clears up. I was recommended this product from my vet and paid $16 for it.

I was not impressed with this shampoo. I did not notice it to do anything better than any other decent hydrating/sensitive skin shampoo from a local pet store.

For this price, I do not know if I would recommend this product. It does have a pleasant almond scent.
on August 19, 2014
I have bought the Dermal-Soothe Anti=Itch before on the advice from my dog's Veterinarian. It really stops the itching that they once had when being groomed.
on April 24, 2014
Our vet recommended this many years ago for our first dog. It is excellent and vastly superior to traditional doge shampoo. It performs as stated.
on April 11, 2013
This shampoo smells great. It is more of a lotion texture & not runny. It helped our dogs itchy back. It helps our cats dander too.
on September 2, 2011
i have used this shampoo and conditioner on my dog for years. works very well on his dry skin! smells pretty good too.
on August 17, 2015
This product has helped my Shih Tzu itching problems and I will keep using this , my groomer is now using this product.
on July 19, 2012
I have tried many products over the years on my dogs and have found only one that I consider worth purchasing -- Dermal-Soothe Anti-Itch Shampoo. I currently have a diabetic Yorkie with severe skin allergies. My vet has prescribed Dermal-Soothe Anti-Itch Shampoo, and, most recently, we have added the anti-itch spray. Works wonders!!! I would highly recommend this product. My dog literaly chewed her hair out in spots, her hair thinned out over her entire body, and she began to smell profusely. Her skin was very red, hot, and moist. Dermal Soothe anti-itch shampoo soothed her skin immediately with the first application. However, in order to avoid bathing her too frequently, I asked my vet for a topical I could safely use over her entire body between shampoos. He added the Dermal-Soothe Anti-Itch Spray. Her skin is no longer red, her hair is coming back, she does not itch, her skin is dry, the odor is gone, and we are finally able to relax. I think the the fragrance is refreshing. Five plus stars for me.